Hair Growth Challenge 2011

TeeKenTeeKen Registered Users Posts: 5
...For those of you who put "Grow my Hair" on your 2011 resolution list.
There are no rules. Use what you think will work but you have to tell us what you're using. Challenge runs until April (4 months). Tell me if you're interested then we'll get started for the new year.
I'll post the list of final participants on New Year's Day and then we'll decide how often to report our growth. Suggestions Welcomed.

Comments

• newbie30r4newbie30r4 Registered Users Posts: 4
    girl, i am right here with you. april will be my 1yr transitioning anniversary, so this is perfect for me.

i plan on:
    -using heat only once a month, IF that.
    -drinking four glasses of water a day
    -making use of protective styling during the week and these cold winter months (wear my hair our more again in april, then bc-ing in august).
    -dusting my ends every other month
    -perfecting my regimen
  • belowabridgebelowabridge Registered Users Posts: 10
    Drinking lots of water, cg method with some no sulfate clarifying, no heat except diffusing if need, biotin supplements, protein masques. also extending haircuts by dusting between even though i dont get split ends all that often. I"m sooo excited. I miss my long hair. i have it right below shoulder length now and my goal is mid back :) gonna take some time and I always have wierd urges to cut all my hair off again. I have to tell everyone around me that if i get in that mood i'm not allowed to go to my stylist.

good luck!!!
    shoulder length and growing out to mid back, thin, blonde, type 2c with 3a curls mixed
    CG since 1/23/2011

I'm a product junky but my current favorites: organix tea tree and mint poo, giovanni tea tree shampoo,suave coconut cond, tressemee naturals, biolage balm, l'oreal vive pro, knot today!!!, pantene curly gel, activator gel, kccc, fantasia polishing serum
  • voguefashion334voguefashion334 Registered Users Posts: 15
    I wanna get in on this:king: I had armpit length hair last time I straightened in December and by April i want atleast brastrap length hair. I also plan on drinking 64 o.z. of water daily, doing cardio 4 times a week, and eating healthier. I will avoid heat, moisturize and seal daily, and deep condition weekly. I will also be using a mix of Castor oil and Wild Growth on my scalp to see if that helps.
    Last Relaxer: June 11, 2008
    After transitioning for over 2 years, my relaxed ends got rid of themselves:roll:
    Shampoo:Jason Natural Jojoba Shampoo
    Conditioner: TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac
    Deep Conditioner: Silk Elements Megasilk Treatment
    Leave-in: Hawaiin Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker
    Oils:Coconut Oil and Wild Growth Hair Oil

Current Length: APL
  • 7nicole37nicole3 Registered Users Posts: 30
    im soo in! i have been trying to grow out my hair for a long time! right now my curly hair is an inch above my bra strap, when its straight its a bit below it. its type 3a-3b.
    *wash it every 2-3 days
    *Nexxus- pro-mend overnight treatment creme
    *redken-anti-snap
    *pantene- curl define
    *straighten it about 2 times a month
    cant wait to grow it out!!
  • belowabridgebelowabridge Registered Users Posts: 10
    So how's it going for everyone?? I'm finally starting to see some growth!! Took forever since I realized the longer my hair gets the curlier it also gets which shrinks it :( grr but I'll get there eventually!
    shoulder length and growing out to mid back, thin, blonde, type 2c with 3a curls mixed
    CG since 1/23/2011

I'm a product junky but my current favorites: organix tea tree and mint poo, giovanni tea tree shampoo,suave coconut cond, tressemee naturals, biolage balm, l'oreal vive pro, knot today!!!, pantene curly gel, activator gel, kccc, fantasia polishing serum

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file