CurlTalk

What is the Most Annoying Comment(s) made about your hair??

TeeKenTeeKen Posts: 5Registered Users
Sperale asks:…
What is the most annoying comment made about your hair?...Whether by your family, a friend, a random stranger in the street.
How did you take it??

Visit /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Finmaterialgirlsperale.blogspot.com" class="Popup for more about Sperale asks.

Comments

• AvaryleesisAvaryleesis Posts: 6Registered Users
    The worst thing I hear is my hair is nappy and that would have to be by my mom. It's so hurtful. :)
  • chocolate<3chocolate<3 Posts: 17Registered Users
    aww from your mom? D: my mum just tells me to luv my hair no matter how ugly and frizzy it looks.............. she just doesnt want to spend money on product and stuff :T haha......................

anywaaaaaaays...... i guess the most annoying thing would be how almost everyone i know wants me to straighten my hair.. like it doesnt look good enough naturally? or they're just JEALOUUUS ;D lol ..or when people compare my curls to my curly haired friends and pick whose is better
  • alaskantsunamialaskantsunami Posts: 421Registered Users
    My friend told me I looked good with straight hair, and I told her thank you. So my other friend asked me if I like it like that, and I said no, I didn't feel like me, I felt like everyone else. So the first friend is like "oh my God Nikki. You have to be the biggest fashion rebel I know.

I was like really? Because I want to be myself and stand out? Yeah...
    2C and all the 3s, iii, F, natural brunette.
    mod CG since 03.21.10

Kelso: Hey, guys? I'm thinking about getting a perm. Hyde, can I get the number of your guy?
    Hyde: I don't have a guy. This righteous moss is a gift from God.
    -That 70s Show
  • makemesmile29makemesmile29 Posts: 42Registered Users
    i hate it when i show people a picture of my hair straight and they tell me i should do it more often... whats wrong wiht my hair this way..? and this one guuy at school tells me that my hair looks like *****..... now thats insaulting
    CLAIRE <3
  • curlyKekecurlyKeke Posts: 2Registered Users
    My friends say the worst things in my mind, I know they don't mean to hurt my feeling but I wore my hair really big and puffy one day and everybody said "Oh god your hair is huge, why is it like that? It's so puffy!" and That just really hurts my feelings, I mean it took me so long to actually like my hair and now people make me think I shouldn't.
  • 7nicole37nicole3 Posts: 30Registered Users
    people are really just jelouse, think about it! to prom people always curl there hair, to there wedding people curl there hair, they curl there hair for the most important days, so they are just jelouse that u get to have those days, everyday. just ignore them all! i straighten my hair only 1-2 times a month and that is just cuaz i want a change sometimes, but if i had to choose i would always choose it curly. alot of people have made ****ty comments on my hair, one of my freinds used to call me poodle non-stop, and others always tell me to straighten it. but trust me! dont ever listen to em, cuaz even ur friends can betray u sometimes
    cant wait to grow it out!!
  • chocolate<3chocolate<3 Posts: 17Registered Users
    okay, so the day after i posted my first reply, someone told me that my curly hair made them want to punch me -.-

Thanks, i finally found a way to make my hair actually look good and your going to punch me.
  • voguefashion334voguefashion334 Posts: 15Registered Users
    My mom always comments: "Did you brush your hair today??":argue:
    Code for "Your hair doesn't look decent to me and I don't want you to go out looking like that"
    Last Relaxer: June 11, 2008
    After transitioning for over 2 years, my relaxed ends got rid of themselves:roll:
    Shampoo:Jason Natural Jojoba Shampoo
    Conditioner: TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac
    Deep Conditioner: Silk Elements Megasilk Treatment
    Leave-in: Hawaiin Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker
    Oils:Coconut Oil and Wild Growth Hair Oil

Current Length: APL
  • NoodleHead14NoodleHead14 Posts: 38Registered Users
    When my family constantly tells me I have "big, poofy hair" I used to let it get to me but now I just ignore them or say "Yeah and what's your point?" :D
  • NoodleHead14NoodleHead14 Posts: 38Registered Users
    It's really annoying though
  • letta510letta510 Posts: 60Registered Users
    :tongue5:You need a perm lol. I get that from a lot of people but mainly my mom and white people. I tell them ah no I dont YOU do! My mother follows everyone else so now that all of her friends are going natural so is she but oh when I did it my hair was too nappy! lol but its ok. i like my hair I'll never go back to a perm
  • ayotalayotal Posts: 76Registered Users
    one of the worst things was one time a cousin of mine was visiting who i hadn't seen in a while (years) and when he gave me a hug, he said to me "take care of your hair" basically telling me it looked horrible. i wasn't natural at that point but it was very rude.

now that i'm natural i've heard. "you need to do something about that bush"

ive also heard "you aren't going to be following me around with your hair looking like that!"

family sometimes....*sigh*
    I am a Christian. GOD Bless You All.

Natural 3c/4a hair. Transitioned from January 15, 2009 to January 22, 2010 for 1 year and 1 week. :toothy10:

Low Porosity

Blog

weight.png
  • blazejw24blazejw24 Posts: 20Registered Users
    Ugh! It drives me nuts when people take cracks at curly hair! The comment that makes me go bezerks though is the "do you ever straighten your hair??" comment. I don't wear my hair down a lot, but when I do people always ask that. It's like 'gee, thanks. I'm so glad you like my hair curly and can accept me for who I am.'
    I did have a friend tell me that my hair deserved it's own zip code one time though, it was funny though. She told me she was going to introduce me to her friends at her new school "Hi, this is my friend, and yes, her hair does have it's own zip code." haha. :P
    Routine:
    Rake in Glycerin & FSG
    Supersoak
    Spray in Aloe Vera
    Scrunch & Pump more FSG :D

CG
    3A/3B & a little 3C
  • shannonathenashannonathena Posts: 12Registered Users
    The top two things that annoy me are people who tell me I have "poofy, puffy hair" or ask me if I ever straighten my hair. The former annoys me because I honestly just think it's so out of line to comment on someone's personal appearance if you don't have anything nice to say. Did I ask you to say something about my hair? What if I walked up to you and said your hair looks flyaway and limp or frizzy? It wouldn't be so nice, would it? And the claims that people can't see the chalkboard because of my "poofy hair" drive me nuts. I know you're just saying that to be a jerk, so kindly shut up. And obviously, when people ask if I ever straighten my hair it annoys me because I'd straighten my hair if I wanted to. So no, I don't ever straighten my hair, genius.

/endrant

3b
    medium texture, high porosity
    fan of GFTN and krystal ecostyler
  • Lion.GirlLion.Girl Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thankfully most of my friends are actually quite envious of my hair so i don't have to put up with these comments much.. But most often i get the old "Uuurgh, your hair's too puffy/fluffy". It drives me mad :? But i love my hair anyway, even when it is "too fluffy". I'd rather have it like that than just lying there looking limp and lifeless ;)
  • Lotsa loopsLotsa loops Posts: 130Registered Users
    The most annoying thing that's happened to me is this one girl pulled one of my curls and was like "Whoa! How did you do that?"

Me: "Do what?"

Girl: "Get your hair like that!"

Me: "Um, let's see... Walked out of the shower, scrunched in some leave - in conditioner, and then put in some gel!"

Cue the girl walking away.

Once she's out of sight me and my friend who was near me started laughing.

Me: "She asked!"
    Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
    No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
    Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator
  • Lioness893Lioness893 Posts: 8Registered Users
    A teacher from elementary school who had pin straight hair was like woah u look like a mop head....but in a good way. Then my friend autumn said to the teachers face that she looked like a pinhead. :thumbup: It was a good day for my friend and I
    People made fun of me because I was a "mop head" but I told them I had a lions mane. :thumbleft:
  • anonymous_66388anonymous_66388 Posts: 28Registered Users
    Is your hair crunchy ? *person proceeds to grab hair* No.........
    Curl Type: 3a/b with tons of frizz

Current Haircut:Uhh.... a mistake that will hopefully be fixed soon.

Current Hair Products: Anything I can get my hands on..

Fanasty Hair: Red. Waist-long. Big,soft, not frizzy, curls.

Realistic Dream Hair: Mid-back Big curls. No frizz.

:lurk:
    (thats me ^)
  • etchasketchetchasketch Posts: 56Registered Users
    "sweetie, you should do your hair like you did for prom everyday!"

sure mom, because it didn't take three hours and completely fry my hair afterwards. jeez!
    3b! CG since February '11
    Cleanse: Giovanni 50:50 'poo, Deva No-Poo, TJNS for co-wash
    Condition: TN, YTCarrots, AOHR
    Style: F/X curl booster, FOTE AVG, KCCC!, BRHG on top of EVERYTHING

Avoid glycerin and protein like the plague!
  • k.leek.lee Posts: 42Registered Users
    One girl who was talking about how she had to cut her hair because it was fried asked me why i didn't put the stuff in my hair to make it pretty. i just sighed and kept going on with my day.
  • CurlyRachie111CurlyRachie111 Posts: 1Registered Users
    For me the most annoying comment someone has ever said to me was

..:Omg! You would look really pretty if you had straight hair!" Like that's a compliment! Another time would be when i was walking down a street and a random person went "EWW, Your hair is so curly!

But then again i have gotten many compliments from random people on streets also.., like this one guy was like, "DAMN GIRL WORK THOSE CURLS"

I have a mixture of 3a,(3b Mostly) and 3c :)

Embrace your curls!!
  • littleirishcurlylittleirishcurly Posts: 38Registered Users
    I really hate it when I go to school with my hair down(it's still a little wet then) and then it starts to dry. It just annoys me when people tell me when it's time to put my hair in a ponytail for the rest of the day. Also, I wore my hair straight for one week, and now people ask me "why don't you straighten your hair everyday?" Then i reply "Because it takes 2 1/2 hours, and it fries my hair." (this is the last thing) Also, theres another girl in my class that has very curly hair like me, but she straightens it everyday. I hate it when people compare me to her. :((
  • dancerbaeedancerbaee Posts: 6Registered Users
    "How are you sooooo dark with curly hair like that?"
    That question get's on my last nerve....it's like they've never seen a chocolate ginger with curly hair like that. UGGHH
    ''Life takes us on unexpected turns to test our ability to hold on..If you're still here till this day, you have passed yet another test. Be grateful.''

• olivthecurlsolivthecurls Posts: 17Registered Users
    when i figured out how to curl my hair the right way, i walked into class the next day and the first thing some stupid boy said to me was "wow, SOMEONE didn't brush their hair this morning". way to boost a sixth grader's confidence! i love my curls. also, when ever i do my hair straight people are like "woahh, did you get a hair cut?" no. it's weird because my hair is LONGER when it's straight... SHORTER when it's curly. people are so questionable!
  • angie4779angie4779 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I'm still trying to figure out how to scrunch my hair and everything in the morning without having a halo of frizz :(

And i HATE it when my supposedly best friend says "You should straighten it, it would look SO pretty!"

... gee thanks :(
    (2c hair)
  • tonkarchie123tonkarchie123 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Definitely that my hair looks good straightened, that I look really pretty with my hair straightened, that I should straighten my hair more... blah blah blah. Curly hair is so under-appreciated, especially in my generation, it seems. :/
  • ultracurlzultracurlz Posts: 212Registered Users
    i went to go somewhere and my brother says(he is white) " hey,ah, you have a bit of a fro going on there......"
    i thought yeah.....thats the piont.

how do you get your curls so small!
    it grows out of my head...disbalivieng look
    whatever

my personal favorite-"your hair looks like (hair down under)"
    die a fiery de3ath you*****es:evil1: grrrr

you should straiten your hair....no i shouldn't

why is your hair so short?
    because i fried it strait for six years:) *smile sweatly*
    why is your hair dead agian?
    3C/4A mix (Seriously it's all over the place)
    Hair is kinda fine and kinda thick.
    Super short, I'd like definition but styling products don't like me

Profile pic taken the February 2015
    Chopped off (was shoulder length) November 2014
  • lovely_locks105lovely_locks105 Posts: 27Registered Users
    well, everyone in my class thinks i look better with straight hair, and one time this bratty chick in my class was like "your hair looks greasy and oily and heavy today >:P" and i had just taken a shower THAT morning! it might have been the product...but my mom says i shouldnt mess wit my hair cuz its beautiful and stuff....but most of the time im not liking my hair
    :wav:
  • TheSimbaLookTheSimbaLook Posts: 13Registered Users
    So I really liked this kid and I thought he was great until we were talking one day and he said he hated curly hair. Well that was the end of that. If a guy can't except me for the real me then he is NOT worth it!
  • lldm2lldm2 Posts: 173Registered Users
    When people tell me on a regular basis that they'd love to straighten my hair because it would look "so pretty!" Easily the most annoying thing. If I cared about how you would like to see my hair, I would straighten it more often than 2x a year or so.
    3c/4a

Wanting;
    APL/MBL