Pajama Jeans...[show us your bum!]

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :laughing8:
    no, just MILF...I kid

:laughing4:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Zinnia wrote: »
    Kat180 (and others who find jeans uncomfortable),

Have you tried NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) brand? They can be pricey, but they have a lot of choices, and I have heard nothing but praise about them. I am not sure if they can be found across the pond.

kat180 wrote: »

I don't think Im wearing the wrong brand/size. For many years I have spent hours shopping, trying to find a pair that fit, from many stores, in a range of sizes. Rarely do any of them fit.

If I found one that did seem to be ok and bought them after a few hours of wear, I just find them insanely uncomfortable. They are either too stiff and restrictive and yes, dig in, or they just constantly fall down.

Jeans look great. I wish I could wear them. But it seems my body shape is just not normal. I've certainly never found them to be comfy enough to lounge around in at home.

Lol! Do I qualify for these at the grand age of 22?

:sad5:

:D
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Velour pants are supposed to be comfortable. I don't see the big deal of wearing yoga pants or track suits in public as long as it's not at a fancy restaurant or place where dressier clothing are required.

I just don't see thepoint of looking cute at home. Someone said they'd wear these at home only, why not just wear pajamas or sweats at home? I agree jeans are not the most comfortable. I definitely don't wear them along with bras at home. They come off right when I get in the house, as do most 'outside' clothes.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Maybe I am too old, but the jeans don't look old or like mom jeans to me...and to me it is the same as not looking at the size tag, but buying a size that fits and then getting altered. Who cares about the brand?

Ya' never know...they could be your dream jeans.
    Zinnia wrote: »
    Kat180 (and others who find jeans uncomfortable),

Have you tried NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) brand? They can be pricey, but they have a lot of choices, and I have heard nothing but praise about them. I am not sure if they can be found across the pond.

I don't think Im wearing the wrong brand/size. For many years I have spent hours shopping, trying to find a pair that fit, from many stores, in a range of sizes. Rarely do any of them fit.

If I found one that did seem to be ok and bought them after a few hours of wear, I just find them insanely uncomfortable. They are either too stiff and restrictive and yes, dig in, or they just constantly fall down.

Jeans look great. I wish I could wear them. But it seems my body shape is just not normal. I've certainly never found them to be comfy enough to lounge around in at home.

Lol! Do I qualify for these at the grand age of 22?

:sad5:

:D
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    geeky wrote: »
    Great. All you need is one of these
    imagegen.ashx?vpimageid=2139&tstyle=m&tsize=medium&tcolour=White&tx=6&ty=-34&tw=132&tb=False
    and you never need to wear actual clothes again.

No thanks. My standards may be low but I 
    have standards nonetheless

My confession: I've always had a yen for t-shirts like this.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    [quote=ninja dog;1553601[/quote]

My confession: I've always had a yen for t-shirts like this.[/quote]

I like these:

Bikini%20T-Shirts.jpg
    Oy!^

I was thinking more along the lines of those old tuxedo front t-shirts they had in the 70s (yes, I know I should post a pic but I'm lousy at it).
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Here you go..
    pl-90308a-lg.jpg
    tuxedo%20t-shirt.jpg

and in honor of the 70's..
    ruffled-tuxedo.jpg
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
    Okay, I want that light blue one. Or is it called "powder blue"?

Thank you, TRBL!
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    My mom and I both have these jeans
    Editor Pant
    and they are very comfortable and they look great and age-appropriate on me (20's) and her (50's).
    Who names these things? What makes that style "editorial"?
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Clinton Kelly's current FB status:

When the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse come a-ridin' in, I'm pretty sure they will all be wearing Pajama Jeans.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • AllyTAllyT Posts: 613Registered Users
    Pajama bottoms aren't much less casual than blue jeans, IMO. I guess I get the concept since most people love blue jeans (why, I don't know, since I've rarely found a pair that is comfortable and jeans look so country-hillbilly!! Sorry, but jeans just will never look stylish to me.) I wish they would take this concept and apply it to dress pants or khakis. Don't most people wear dress pants 5x a week? Maybe not in my blue-collar town, but in general? I can wear jeans only one or two days a week even if I wanted to.

I guess they'd work for a housewife or someone that stays at home most of the time but doesn't want to look too dowdy for errands. I hope they can do something with dress pants, khakis, heels and skirts (lol), maybe.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    AllyT wrote: »
    Pajama bottoms aren't much less casual than blue jeans, IMO. I guess I get the concept since most people love blue jeans (why, I don't know, since I've rarely found a pair that is comfortable and jeans look so country-hillbilly!! Sorry, but jeans just will never look stylish to me.) I wish they would take this concept and apply it to dress pants or khakis. Don't most people wear dress pants 5x a week? Maybe not in my blue-collar town, but in general? I can wear jeans only one or two days a week even if I wanted to.

I guess they'd work for a housewife or someone that stays at home most of the time but doesn't want to look too dowdy for errands. I hope they can do something with dress pants, khakis, heels and skirts (lol), maybe.

They do have dress pants like this. Try NY&co. I think they are called City Knit or something like that
    scrills wrote: »

They do have dress pants like this. Try NY&co. I think they are called City Knit or something like that

Do they have an elastic waist? I'm looking for a dress pant that has an elastic waist and is comfy while having some style. I can't find a dress pant with an elastic waist at all and the khakis with an elastic waist look like grandma pants. My belly size changes frequently from bloating/cysts. I'll have to check out City Knit. I haven't been to a NY&Co. for a long time. I'll have to make a trip into civilization sometime. Kohl's is considered uppity around here - seriously.
    What's wrong w/ Kohl's? :scratch:
    I guess they'd work for a housewife or someone that stays at home most of the time but doesn't want to look too dowdy for errands.
    And this could be considered me, but, once again, don't care b/c that ain't me! :flower:And frankly don't care what folks think :dontknow:

Can't wait to get my jeans, tho!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it (?). I was just trying to say that most people around here barely have the income for Kohl's clothing let alone NY&Co. so it's not somewhere I really frequent. The rest of your response to me confuses me so I don't know how to respond. Good luck with the jeans (er pajamas), though! :)
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    On the PJ commercial, they look like normal nice-fitting jeans to me. If I didn't know they were called "pajama" jeans or that they were made of stretchy material, I would think they were just regular jeans, especially on the woman walking outside in the commercial. So I hope they work out for you!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    ty Spiralli!
    I will let you know soon :flower:
    0004.gif

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Man that one woman on the commercial has GREAT curly hair!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I didn't pay any attention to this thread because I didn't know what you people were talking about then I saw the commercial yesterday. Don't think they are anything I will run out and buy, but I do have a question. . . are they to be worn as jeans (out of the house) or are they pajamas? Just not sure what exactly they are supposed to be.
    3b/c
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Clinton Kelly's current FB status:

When the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse come a-ridin' in, I'm pretty sure they will all be wearing Pajama Jeans.

:lol: That's good. Really good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    munchkin wrote: »
    I didn't pay any attention to this thread because I didn't know what you people were talking about then I saw the commercial yesterday. Don't think they are anything I will run out and buy, but I do have a question. . . are they to be worn as jeans (out of the house) or are they pajamas? Just not sure what exactly they are supposed to be.

It seems you're meant to wear them in situations where you'd don regular jeans.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    scrills wrote: »

Do they have an elastic waist? I'm looking for a dress pant that has an elastic waist and is comfy while having some style. I can't find a dress pant with an elastic waist at all and the khakis with an elastic waist look like grandma pants. My belly size changes frequently from bloating/cysts. I'll have to check out City Knit. I haven't been to a NY&Co. for a long time. I'll have to make a trip into civilization sometime. Kohl's is considered uppity around here - seriously.

The City Knits were a Godsend when I went back to work after having my daughter. They are very stretchy, but have a button/zipper fly and regular dress pant features.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    These aren't the exact ones i was thinking of, but these say they have elastic at the back. They are on sale for $14.99

New York & Company - Latest Trends - The West Street Pant
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yup, I totally want a pair.

What makes a denim material any classier?

I think the name destroys it more than the actual product. To me they're like jeggings, only they flare. And I like jeggins. So what.

I'd have to actually own a pair and see them on me before I decide if I'd actually wear them out of the house. But they seem perfectly fine for lounging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    iroc wrote: »
    But they seem perfectly fine for lounging.

That's what I don't understand. Why do people want to look nice for lounging? Am I the only one that finds some sweats/yoga/track pants cute enough for being around the house? It's either that or no pants or pajamas for me.
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yup, I totally want a pair.

I think the name destroys it more than the actual product. To me they're like jeggings, only they flare. And I like jeggins. So what.

I'd have to actually own a pair and see them on me before I decide if I'd actually wear them out of the house. But they seem perfectly fine for lounging.

Persnally I think all the hate on the Pajama Jeans is a little harsh. I'd have to see them in person but they don't seem THAT horrible to me.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I don't get what people think is so classy about denim either. It's a work fabric. It was considered low class until fairly recently. I don't think denim is that flattering on most people anyway.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Has anyone else noticed a sudden increase in these informercials since this thread? I see it at least twice a day.

I still think they're too expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file