We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Knit Hats & Breakage?

curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
Hi - I got some knit hats for the holidays. Are they safe to wear directly on hair (pulled into a loose bun underneath) or will they cause breakage and/or split ends?

IMAG0188169.jpg
:sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    if you literally wear it 24/7, then your hair may suffer. otherwise you're probably good. you could bun your hair or wrap it in a sating scarf ad then put that hat on if you're still worried.
  • curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    you can line the inside with silk, then you can wear it all the time without worrying about dryness or breakage :)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    coilynapp wrote: »
    you can line the inside with silk, then you can wear it all the time without worrying about dryness or breakage :)

Yep..

Also, pay attention to the type of wool used in the knit hats.. some wools are coarser, and others are very soft (like merino or cashmere).
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think that depends on what they're made of. If it's a synthetic fibre, it is more likely to be damaging to your hair. If it's a natural protein fibre (silk or hair that came of an animal), they shouldn't be. I like to plop my hair into knitted caps because it tends to preserve my curl.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • NamineNamine Posts: 159Registered Users
    www.hatsome.com sell satin and silk lined hats. HTH!icon7.gif
    Products I Use: African Black Liquid Soap, Coconut Oil, and Shea Butter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file