blizzard!!!

rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,732Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
geez, i hope all of you in the path of the storm that hit yesterday and will dump more snow today will all be okay!
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Comments

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We've got a toasty fire going and I'm looking forward to our first heavy snowfall!

DH popped up to the grocery for a few things, he said it's a madhouse! :lol:

Hope everyone stays safe. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ...and my DS and DIL are on the road....ugh....I'm a nervous wreck. Their 2 1/2 hr trip will be about 5! It's a friggin blizzard out there! :(
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Stay warm my favorite snowbunnies!
    It's snowing for the second day in a row! Not blizzard but enough to ice up the roads and keep us indoors!

Frau,
    How are you doing in the weather?
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We went out this a.m but are now back in and hunkered down. I am trying out my new bread machine!! Thought that seemed like a good idea on a wintery day!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ugh, while I love snow and want it so I can go snowmobiling, I have a 25 mile commute on back roads to get to work tomorrow and its going to be as the blizzard warning is out. Not looking forward to that at all.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
    Ugh, while I love snow and want it so I can go snowmobiling, I have a 25 mile commute on back roads to get to work tomorrow and its going to be as the blizzard warning is out. Not looking forward to that at all.

I will be thinking good travel thoughts for you in the a.m.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thankfully, my son and dil arrived safely after 5 hrs of driving in a blizzard. I think my son learned something though....he said, "I'll never drive in weather like this again". Now THAT was a Christmas present!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was in New Jersey for Christmas and was going to drive back to MA this afternoon. Heard about the storm, left at 8:30 this morning, and was just in front of it until traffic delays at the Mass Pike. But just light snow. I had time to food shop, buy a couple of books - now hunkered down. That could have been the drive from h-ll.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    The wind here is just awful. I got some cleaning done earlier and am making chili right now. No plans to go anywhere today! Of course the snow is right up against the back door where the dog has to go to potty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• cailincailin Posts: 928Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had to go to the grocery store which I was not looking forward to, but when I got there I found out my favorite wine was on sale.

It's a Christmas Miracle!!!!

I'm all tucked in for the night now.
    :lol: Taking the dog out tonight will certainly be interesting! The wind has started picking up and it's so loud I had to turn the TV up. One cool thing is I got hubby a buoy bell for Christmas and it's so nice to hear it clanging on the porch. The cottage we stayed at on vacation had one and the sound really reminds me of being there.

It better be A-OK to go out on Wednesday, we've got shopping to do!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I feel sorry for all the travelers who will get stranded, but for the rest of you. . . just stay in, relax, watch some movies, pop some popcorn. It is supposed to be fast moving and through by tomorrow evening. From those of us who just went through 3 ft of snow, only thing you can do is wait it out.
    3b/c
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Y'all stay safe!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Stay safe, stay warm!
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • viragovirago Posts: 90Registered Users
    Yay! My heater broke during the blizzard! I'm now forced to get really old school and turn the oven on and leave it open. :sad5:
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    We have around a foot or so. I was too lazy to shovel when I got up this morning so I bundled up and carried the dog to the bare patch on the lawn. I know, he is spoiled.:iconbiggrin:

The wind is delaying me to snowblow the driveway. I am so greatful the power didn't go out. 60 mph gusts out there! That and my city is awful with plowing and I know as soon as I'm done snowblowing that the plow will come and block my driveway. :-?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    We got over a foot. State of emergency in this area because of the damaging winds that came along with the heavy snow. My DH is on our towns fire department and was out on calls ALL night. Its a mess out there.

My poor little dog... she was rescued from a puppy mill in Alabama last spring so she has never ever seen snow in her life. I shoveled a little race track around the back yard for her so she wouldnt get lost in the snow (shes a Boston Terrier). Even so, I opened the back door and she looked up at me like 'WTH is this crap??' I had to go walk around out there with her so she would go to the bathroom. She HATED it, and is now curled up on my bed, and I tucked her in under the blankets.
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My parents have been here for almost a week (from Mass) and are supposed to head back home tomorrow on Amtrak. Hopefully they won't be too delayed on the way home

D
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    My sister was driving from Florida to Virginia last night. She said the highways were pretty clear but the exits were kinda slushy and frozen. Fortunately, they made it back safe and sound this morning.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    I went out to shovel. Got my porch and steps cleaned. When I reached the driveway and really looked at just how much snow there was, I turned around and went back inside. They haven't even plowed the streets around here, yet. I'm now waiting to here from several snow removal companies.

I'm not going back out there.
    Eres o te haces?
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    virago wrote: »
    Yay! My heater broke during the blizzard! I'm now forced to get really old school and turn the oven on and leave it open. :sad5:
    Be careful with carbon monoxide levels.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • viragovirago Posts: 90Registered Users
    virago wrote: »
    Be careful with carbon monoxide levels.

Oh yea! But its electric...that does make a difference right?:toothy8:
    I have no idea how much snow we got because the wind is blowing so hard!! It just stopped snowing and SO is on his way out to snow blow. I hope it does not all blow back in the driveway when he is done. He is all happy because he took this week off so he has been laying around playing with his new electronics while I work! I am glad I work from home on days like this though!
    Central Massachusetts

So we're laying in bed reading (me) and playing with the new iPod Touch (DH) when the lights go out. Thankfully for me my ingenious husband had already got the flashlight app on his iTouch and lept into motion. :laughing8: He's so silly.

Anyway, strong winds led to a tree falling on a power pole breaking it in half and knocking our power out, not a quick fix. Exactly 36 hours later and after a 12 degree night with -5 windchill we're back in business! We have company and they were troopers through the whole thing. We have well water so we were sans electric AND water, amazing how hard it is NOT to flush a toilet. I know we could fill the tank and flush and we'd started melting snow for it if we had to.

So good to take a shower today, flip a light switch and flush a toilet. :blob8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,732Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    spring, something like that happened to my family one time at xmas, 17 years ago.

my sister lives in a house that was, at the time, out in the country (there are subdivisions all over the place now) near Ottawa. xmas week it was SO cold (-40 windchills the entire time) that the groundwater froze!

:shock:

none of us were able to shower or flush toilets... it was awful!

:(
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    Rou, it certainly makes you appreciate all of the luxuries we have, doesn't it? Even as I was cleaning the kitchen I was smiling just glad to have running water again. :lol:

We certainly didn't have it as bad as some people have. My motto the whole time was "It could always be worse...". I know our landlord was glad to hear there wasn't any frozen pipes or damage from all the hellacious winds we had. It was like being back in FL during a hurricane!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file