Were your Crab Cakes adequate?

EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
nm

Comments

• VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    mmm....they need my recipe....havin' 'em today! :blob4:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    They'd be shot for that in Maryland. At least in the Baltimore metro, they would be.

You want good crabcakes, you come to Maryland, I'll take you to the Corner Stable in Timonium. It doesn't look like much, but the crab cakes are life changingly awesome.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    VTmom wrote: »
    mmm....they need my recipe....havin' 'em today! :blob4:
    :blob4:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    What else were they served with? I miss seafood Christmas dinners. Well, not that I'd eat them but I really miss the memories from my childhood.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nm
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I had a more than adequate crabcake on Thursday night. Yum.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have some in the oven this very moment. They're a specialty item that a local tiny market sells and they are to-die-for...mostly crab. I can't wait...
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Posts: 2,648Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I made crab cakes for dinner yesterday, and they were fantastic, ifIdosaysomyself!
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ugh, this thread!! I'm craving crab cakes something fierce now, but I've never made any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CocoaCoily wrote: »
    I made crab cakes for dinner yesterday, and they were fantastic, ifIdosaysomyself!

This...had them last night....best ever...sinfully delicious! :thumbleft:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    I ate mini crab cakes tonight. They were about 4/5 cake and 1/5 crab, and very dry.
    should be the other way around - 1lb of crab meat to maybe 1/2 cup bread crumbs; and dust with flour before frying.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file