Naked Naturals Aloe Awapuhi & Lavender Moisturizing Conditioner

JennyWhiskeyJennyWhiskey Posts: 37Registered Users
This isn't a curly specific product per say, but it is geared towards color treated/damaged hair.

It's sulfate free, no detergents, highly moisturizing and smells wonderful without being over powering (like refreshing lavender).

I've been using this stuff religiously over the past few months (I'm a 3b with color treated hair), including when I still straighten my hair and the results have been amazing! It's thick, and nourishing without being greasy or weighing your hair down. It even works well being partially rinsed out with a little left in as a leave in conditioner.

One of the best parts is...IT'S CHEAP! $7 a bottle. You can get it online at Target, Drugstore.com,or Ebay. The only place I've actually been able to find it IN STORE is Rite Aid and Harmon's Discount Beauty.

I just started using the corresponding shampoo and am also a fan, but it's too soon for me to include a review.

I highly recommend this product. Give it a try! It's easy on the wallet, so if you hate it at least you aren;t out almost $20 like a lot of other curly hair products out now.
3b, shoulder length.

Current Regimen: Co wash, Naked Naturals Aloe Awapuhi & Lavender Moisturizing Conditioner, Hamadi Healing Serum, L'oreal Everpure serum, DevaCurl AnGel, and Ganier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray.

Comments

• asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey there! I used to use the Naked Naturals Shea Butter and Avacado Conditioner until I went CG and looked at the ingredient list! :shock:
    Here is the ingredient list for your Aloe Awapuhi and Lavendar condish:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, PG Propylsilanetriol, Helianthus Annuus Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia Extract, Glycerine Soya Oil, Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Laureth 9, Trideceth 12, Amodimethicone, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Stearamine Oxide, C11 15 Pareth 7, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Fragrance (Parfum)

The bolded items are cones. I assumed it was pretty natural and was really disappointed! If you are ok with cones, then it's cool, but two are not water soluable and tough to get out.

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • JennyWhiskeyJennyWhiskey Posts: 37Registered Users
    Wowsers! I didn't realize it had silicone! I also used to Avocado SHea butter, but liked this one better. I haven't noticed any problems with this, and have had nothing but great results. I don't Co-Wash with it though. I imagine it would be too much. I DO notice that I have to shampoo with very gentle stuff once a week at least. I wonder if its the silicone that make it dull after a while,.
    3b, shoulder length.

Current Regimen: Co wash, Naked Naturals Aloe Awapuhi & Lavender Moisturizing Conditioner, Hamadi Healing Serum, L'oreal Everpure serum, DevaCurl AnGel, and Ganier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file