The joys of being an adult

munchkinmunchkin Curl ConnoisseurPosts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Got a bonus this year. Thought that's great, extra money to blow. Well, as they say, the best laid plans. . . we woke up this morning and the furnace wasn't working. It was about 55 in the house. The repairman was here for over 3 hours. Easy come, easy go; I'm sure that will take a big chunk of my bonus! At least it happened today when we could get a repairman. If it had been tomorrow, we probably would have froze until Monday.

Oh well, I would rather be warm than have something new.

Merry Christmas!!
3b/c

Comments

• SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Merry Christmas!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Merry X-mas!
    move to Tejas

:toothy4:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Curl Neophyte Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    munchkin wrote: »
    Got a bonus this year. Thought that's great, extra money to blow. Well, as they say, the best laid plans. . . we woke up this morning and the furnace wasn't working. It was about 55 in the house. The repairman was here for over 3 hours. Easy come, easy go; I'm sure that will take a big chunk of my bonus! At least it happened today when we could get a repairman. If it had been tomorrow, we probably would have froze until Monday.

Oh well, I would rather be warm than have something new.

Merry Christmas!!

Probably not. My brother does AC/heating work, and he is on call for many holidays for just this sort of thing. It would be a higher cost repair tomorrow due to higher labor cost, but someone probably would still come out. No heat is treated pretty seriously.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • NessyNessy Posts: 788Registered Users
    Our furnace stopped working last year on Christmas Day. We called around and found a company that sent a guy over within 2 hrs. It was great, and we were so thankful that we were able to get someone to come over that same day.

Glad you were able to get you furnace repaired. Merry Christmas!
  • munchkinmunchkin Curl Connoisseur Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Shortly after the repairman left, we had to leave for Christmas in Pittsburgh for 24 hours. Think they wanted us to stay longer, but I just wanted to get home to make sure the furnaces was, in fact, working properly. And it was!!
    3b/c
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We had to have an air conditioning unit replaced on the 4th of July one year and a water heater replaced on New Years Eve! I do believe in gremlins! :)

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • munchkinmunchkin Curl Connoisseur Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It gets better. Did a load of laundry today. When I went to put them in the dryer, I realized the washer was not spinning. The belt came off (2nd or 3rd time this has happened). So now we have to have another repairman!! Aren't things supposed to happen in 3's? Hate to think what else is going to go wrong.
    3b/c
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My mother always says those things happen in 3's so watch out! :toothy4:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    lol
    Next will be the fridge....
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file