Good vibes needed for the Christmas kitty...

lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
I helped rescue a kitty today that one of my friends who lives in a very rural area has been sort of feeding for the past couple of weeks. Her family doesn't want another cat, so she's been feeding him secretly. However they are leaving for vacation in a few days and won't be around to look after him. My friend told me that there is something wrong with one of his legs-- either it's broken or is an old poorly healed injury. They don't know anything about him besides that he showed up a few weeks ago and hasn't left.

I convinced my dad (a die hard animal lover) to help me rescue the cat and get it to a vet. The cat got into the carrier very easily as we coaxed him in with food, and he is clearly very hungry. He seemed friendly enough and wanted attention-- he seemed like he had been somebody's pet at some point. By the time we got him to the vet he had meowed himself hoarse and seemed tired. The vet said he is very dehydrated and malnourished and obviously needed an x-ray for his leg, but had also been neutered. We left him overnight for fluids and an x-ray and blood tests in the morning. The vet seemed nervous about his leg-- he said it wasn't broken, but didn't know exactly what was wrong with it.

My little sister named him Trout. Any good thoughts for this lucky Christmas kitty in the coming days would be greatly appreciated! The vet is going to call us tomorrow with the results of the tests. I hope it's good news.
Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, good luck Trout!

Thank you, lauraloo, for rescuing him!
  • blackguitargirlblackguitargirl Posts: 492Registered Users
    poor kitty :( I have my own cat in my lap right now. Hope Trout gets better.
    4a/4b
    last relaxer dec. 2007
    BC dec 29, 2008
    :headbang: 4 years natural!
    Music blog :hiding:
    Writing blog
    My Book: The Lost King
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, I hope he's OK! (((Trout and LauraLoo))). :love7:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • dandydandy Posts: 346Registered Users
    awwww good luck trout!
    2c/3a ? fine/medium iii- tons of it! FL. Suave, TTNG, CJDF co wash, GDLI
    HG- FSG, CK, ReCoil, Aldi shique gelee, ACV, ccclite or fsg 4 2nd day sotc:JCNS
    curl journalhttp://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/curl_forum/viewthread/977/ :bounce:
    event.png

Badge001.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file