CornRow Care Help?

AyeEhmJayAyeEhmJay Posts: 8Registered Users
I`ve got CornRows and I plan to keep them in for atleast 10 more days..
is 10 days too much stress on my hair ?

-& after I take them out what steps should I take to make sure none of my hair breaks off ?

In my younger days I wore braids like these all the time which is my hair was so long.. But I really dont remember how my mother use to care for my hair ...

Comments

• ReynaCRReynaCR Posts: 405Registered Users
    :-| Well.. there's a number of things you can do.

The first thing I'd suggest is to mist your hair daily with a leave in conditioner or an oil spray. You need something to keep your hair and scalp moisturized. Like right now, I either do one of two things: Either I spray my braids with something like Oyin Juices & Berries, and apply castor oil to my scalp and hairline, or I'll spray with Oyin and spray again with Hot Six Oil. Either way, I feel my hair staying soft and feeling healthy at the root.

10 days is not a problem... unless they're too tight. If they're too tight, take them out. OR apply a warm rag or towel to your hair to relieve tension.

Another thing I like to do if it's too cold to wash my braids, is get a cotton and some tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is good for cleansing your scalp.

Hope I've helped. :thumbleft:!
    :queen: Reyna

"Don't look back and ask why, look forward and ask why not!?" - Unk.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file