I chickened out...UPDATED WITH PICS

plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
I was gonna try and be really simple today, and use my new conditioner to co-wash and rinse out, and just add gel. In the end, I was worried about how clean my hair would get with just the conditioner, because my roots were uber greasy and gross...it's been a week since I last washed, but with the straight hair, all I had to do was pull it back and it was fine. So I started out with Curly Wurly, but for some reason, wasn't feeling it, so I added a bit of my Lloyd's for a second go. I did use the new conditioner as a rinse out and a wee LI...I used it all over to detangle first, and then a second round I scrunched in to the lower half of my hair and eventually rinsed in cold water. I'm sure some of it was left in, but no worries. I did decide to use some BS CCB and HEBE on not soaking hair and plopped. I don't usually use gel before plopping, but I did not use much. I will use more later. I have my plop on, so I gotta run...but so far I like the feel and scent of the new conditioner.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Good luck, Plunky! Hope it turned out well. :)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Thanks! It turned out well, though I used 2 shampoos, 2 conditioners, 2 gels, and a styler, so I have no clue if it was product, application, or technique. Or just dumb luck. I'll see if I can get pics, but indoor lighting always makes it difficult to photograph. It looks good in person, but hard to translate to "film" so to speak.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

EDIT: I updated my whole process in the "What did you do to your hair today?" thread. I took pics and will post at some point in the next day or so, I hope.

I hope I can keep up the awesome overnight, or that it will be more awesome in the morning.

• CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    Cool! Glad you liked what you did today! See - I told you the hair fairy would come! :D
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
    plunkybug wrote: »
    Thanks! It turned out well, though I used 2 shampoos, 2 conditioners, 2 gels, and a styler, so I have no clue if it was product, application, or technique. Or just dumb luck. I'll see if I can get pics, but indoor lighting always makes it difficult to photograph. It looks good in person, but hard to translate to "film" so to speak.

Wow, I bet you're not even going to try to duplicate that again, even if your hair came out drop dead gorgeous! It sounds complicated! :laughing4:

I know, hair is very hard to translate to photos! My hair always looks curlier in person. Then when I take a picture of it, it looks different. Oh well, I've given up on trying to take the perfect shot of my hair! I'm okay with it now if they're just average-looking. :) Do post pics, though, when you get a chance -- I would love to see how it came out!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Cool! Glad you liked what you did today! See - I told you the hair fairy would come! :D

Yes, yes you did. :)

Wow, I bet you're not even going to try to duplicate that again, even if your hair came out drop dead gorgeous! It sounds complicated! :laughing4:

I know, hair is very hard to translate to photos! My hair always looks curlier in person. Then when I take a picture of it, it looks different. Oh well, I've given up on trying to take the perfect shot of my hair! I'm okay with it now if they're just average-looking. :) Do post pics, though, when you get a chance -- I would love to see how it came out!

Thanks. I did get some pics last night, so I just have to upload at some point. It is always a struggle for lighting. In the case of last night, I used the flash, which helps, but isn't quite like my natural hair. The flash tones down the frizz and ups the shine, so it is nice.

I'm not sure what I did to get the picture this colour, but I kind of dig it.

166500_476072517373_743022373_6006064_4004236_n.jpg

See me smiling?

65435_476074207373_743022373_6006106_1758588_n.jpg

Closer...

163839_476073082373_743022373_6006077_3290560_n.jpg

My other side...

164112_476074562373_743022373_6006115_8226578_n.jpg

The back...can never get the right colour and texture to show this way.

65454_476074967373_743022373_6006125_7485855_n.jpg

The middle shots have the flash, so that always minimizes frizz and ups the shine for me. Though I was fairly frizzless (for me) and I do have some natural shine. I wish I knew why my clumping was uneven though. have some thin and some very thick ribbons.

• CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    Love the hair Plunky! Looks great!
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
    Love the hair Plunky! Looks great!

Thanks curlypolkadot!!

I see you got the pics up! I like the hair! Well, I always love you're hair -- I'm so jealous! Ha ha! Glad you had a good hair day...I know you were struggling with it.

Favorite...
    I think a few things have helped me, one of which is adding gel to wet hair before plopping...I think this is helping with the clumping and formation. I stopped doing that when I was air drying, and adding gel after the plop helped cut down the drying time. But I diffuse now, and this is less water than super soaking, which takes longer to dry. But I do think I am losing volume this way. And I am still not totally consistent with the clumps, waves, and curls all over.

• wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Looks fantastic!
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
    I think a few things have helped me, one of which is adding gel to wet hair before plopping...I think this is helping with the clumping and formation. I stopped doing that when I was air drying, and adding gel after the plop helped cut down the drying time. But I diffuse now, and this is less water than super soaking, which takes longer to dry. But I do think I am losing volume this way. And I am still not totally consistent with the clumps, waves, and curls all over.

Wow, looks like you cracked the code! I like adding gel before the plop, too. If I add it afterward, it's one big, weird, crunchy mess.

But, consistent or not, your hair is still gorgeous!

Favorite...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file