3 Favorite products to share!

IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I am so happy with my epsom salted, agave nectar-ed FSG alone, but I wanted to be able to rotate with something else (wondered if the salt is a smart idea for every day).

So I tried mixing KMF Upper Management and Free&Clear hair gel. Awesome mix! The F&C is a medium-hold, PEG-cone, unscented gel with PVA/PVP. It's kind of sticky/grabby for those of you who like that (and you know who you are8-)).

So long as I'm not out in the very dry air for long, I really love this combo and it DOESN'T itch! Very soft, defined, enhanced waves and curls, good clumps, just like FSG. Enough hold for me.

WInter hats and all.

Both of my faves refresh okay with a spritz of water and some scrunching, although after a winter hat and almost an hour outdoors walking the dog, it isn't going to be perfect.

Anybody else tried this sort of combo?

Comments

• justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nope, but I am one of the sticky/grabby gluttons! I have had about the WORST last few hair days EVER since going CG!! Trying to isolate the culprit. Every day an experiment (I know experiments sound fun to you!!).
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nope, but I am one of the sticky/grabby gluttons! I have had about the WORST last few hair days EVER since going CG!! Trying to isolate the culprit. Every day an experiment (I know experiments sound fun to you!!).

Sorry to hear your hair is not cooperating.
    I actually am more accepting of hair "experiments" now that I have a number of products that have given me consistently happy results (and experiments are less cause for anxiety). I know which ingredients in them did what for me and that helps me have confidence and trust my hair and my skills!
    Plus I know I can fall back on the things I know work (humectants, sticky stuff).
    I have several advantages -- one is that I know I'll be smashing my hair under a hat when I walk the dog every day (but it refreshes pretty well) so a bad hair day doesn't matter too much. The other is that I encounter few people during my day. Low risk of being judged.

I'm a "throw everything you've got at the wall and see what sticks" person. Not necessarily methodical at the outset but it works for me because the solutions tend to weed themselves out.

Other people like to control their variables and do things piece by piece. Either way, we all find our results and the important thing it to keep trying. If you stick with it long enough and stay aware, you'll find your happy hair.
    Sounds like a journey of self exploration as much as hair styling. Sheesh!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file