Does shea butter have protein?

Curly80Curly80 Registered Users Posts: 49
I have been co washing with Moisture Milk, which has soy protein in it. Also leave in with Direct Leave in by Giovanni. When I just use those two my scalp is fine. Once I put an oil or butter on it, it itches. I have raw shea butter. I don't know if it's the conditioner. I looked at a lot of conditioners and most of them have a protein, especially V05 and Suave. I don't want to use anything expensive. I have wasted a lot of money already on products. I have a cabinet full of products that I only used a few times. I stopped using most of them because they either had silicone or protein in them. What could be the problem?

Comments

• Curly80Curly80 Registered Users Posts: 49
    I think I found out what the problem was. I was using too much protein. I had no idea the Giovanni TT shampoo had protein in it, until I was reading some posts up here last night. I would have never purchased it. I have a little left, so it's not too bad. I clarified with Head and Shoulders and conditioned with Suave naturals (apples), then put some olive oil hair treatment on my hair. I found the oil in the bss. I'm going to start co washing every 3 days.
  • jgnellejgnelle Registered Users Posts: 21
    hi,
    I don't think the Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo was the problem because they changed the ingredients i think a couple of years ago. the old formula has Soybean Protein in it. Check out this thread on the formula change and compare it to yours:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/106030-giovanni-tea-tree-tt-shampoo-ingredient-change.html

I also use this shampoo with no problems and I'm protein sensitive
    hope this helps :smile:
    Hair type: medium/thick, low porosity, no set curl definition = ???
    Prepoo: mix of aloe gel, castor, coconut/vatika oil
    Shampoo:
    Giovanni TTTT
    Detangler: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Leave-in: Elucence MBC + Aloe Gel
    Deep Condish: AOHSR
    Protein DC: AOGPB
    Stylers: Raw Shea butter mixed with Shea Moisture leave in
    Spritz: water, EMBC, aloe, castor oil, glycerin
    Oils:
    Coconut, Vatika, JBCO
    Want to try: GDLI
  • Curly80Curly80 Registered Users Posts: 49
    On the back of the bottle it says something about protein. I just noticed it last night. I don't know which ingredient is protein. I have the new ingredient list.
  • jgnellejgnelle Registered Users Posts: 21
    ok kool..
    Hair type: medium/thick, low porosity, no set curl definition = ???
    Prepoo: mix of aloe gel, castor, coconut/vatika oil
    Shampoo:
    Giovanni TTTT
    Detangler: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Leave-in: Elucence MBC + Aloe Gel
    Deep Condish: AOHSR
    Protein DC: AOGPB
    Stylers: Raw Shea butter mixed with Shea Moisture leave in
    Spritz: water, EMBC, aloe, castor oil, glycerin
    Oils:
    Coconut, Vatika, JBCO
    Want to try: GDLI
  • sara12rarasara12rara Registered Users Posts: 31
    *Bump*

I am curious about the original question in the title of this post...Does shea butter have protein? I am thinking of getting some for my daughter's very picky protein sensitive hair. I have particularly thought about the Alaffia Beautiful Curls line of products.
  • ReynaCRReynaCR Registered Users Posts: 405
    sara12rara wrote: »
    *Bump*

I am curious about the original question in the title of this post...Does shea butter have protein? I am thinking of getting some for my daughter's very picky protein sensitive hair. I have particularly thought about the Alaffia Beautiful Curls line of products.

I actually liked the Beautiful Curls, the one time I tried it. So did my child!
    :queen: Reyna

"Don't look back and ask why, look forward and ask why not!?" - Unk.
  • sara12rarasara12rara Registered Users Posts: 31
    ReynaCR wrote: »
    *Bump*

I actually liked the Beautiful Curls, the one time I tried it. So did my child!

Thanks! I tried a little of the Curl Enhancing Curl Defining Gel on her hair because my local Whole Foods had an open tester. I was really on the fence about the results though. It seemed more like a moisturizer than a gel. It didn't seem to give her much hold, but the moisturizing was almost too heavy. Granted, she already had KCKT in her hair. I wish I could try the Curl Activating and Curl Nurturing gels, but my store doesn't have testers for everything.
  • openseasonopenseason Registered Users Posts: 63
    *Bump*

SheaButter (100% pure) has no protien. I am protein-sensitive and it is one of my staple products. HTH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file