Finishing Products?

dutchgirldutchgirl Posts: 10Registered Users
Hi,
First thanks so much for all your advice the other day. I now have some GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner and my hair is liking me better :) I have another newbie question, though.

I've been co washing w/ suave naturals a couple times a week. I'm using a little bit of the GFTN Con as a leave in. I'm using a t-shirt to dry and then using the HETT gel.

Okay, so now, do you "finish" your waves/curls with anything once it's dry? I feel like my hair could use a little something to hold it all in place.

I've been trying to pixie dry--jury is still out on that for me. Struggling w/ getting the back sides and back to have enough volume and to get it to try in such a way that my strange colic is covered. (BTW, do you totally dry when you pixie or leave it slightly damp. Seems like I've read both!!)

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I'm pretty sure some curlies use a very, very small amount of oil (I think the most popular ones are EVOO and coconut oil) to scrunch out the crunch, give their hair shine, and "top it all off." But I'm no expert, and I'm not 100% positive -- oil has never touched my hair! Also, some people use a little bit of pomade to finish off their hair.

As for pixie diffusing, some people do it until it's completely dry, and some people do it part way and let their hair air dry the rest of the way. It depends on what you like best. Have you tried the Smaster's method of diffusing? Lots of people rave about it. To sum it all up, you basically apply all your products and scrunch with a t-shirt, diffuse halfway, and apply some more gel. Then you finish up diffusing. Here's a link that explains it better.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/92240-consistently-awesome-hair-technique.html
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • dutchgirldutchgirl Posts: 10Registered Users
    Thanks! I had actually been doing that before I started reading this forum. I think I'll go back! I was too afraid that it would make me frizzy.
    I'm pretty sure some curlies use a very, very small amount of oil (I think the most popular ones are EVOO and coconut oil) to scrunch out the crunch, give their hair shine, and "top it all off." But I'm no expert, and I'm not 100% positive -- oil has never touched my hair! Also, some people use a little bit of pomade to finish off their hair.

As for pixie diffusing, some people do it until it's completely dry, and some people do it part way and let their hair air dry the rest of the way. It depends on what you like best. Have you tried the Smaster's method of diffusing? Lots of people rave about it. To sum it all up, you basically apply all your products and scrunch with a t-shirt, diffuse halfway, and apply some more gel. Then you finish up diffusing. Here's a link that explains it better.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/92240-consistently-awesome-hair-technique.html
  • dutchgirldutchgirl Posts: 10Registered Users
    Thanks! I had actually been doing something like that before I started reading this forum. I think I'll go back! I was too afraid that it would make me frizzy. (I was a little frizzy doing that before, but I think my hair is healthier now, so hopefully that would help. Plus it wasn't terrible before.) I'll do the upside pixie to start like she did. I'm so excited. I want to go wet my hair and try again :)

[/quote]
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    dutchgirl wrote: »
    Thanks! I had actually been doing something like that before I started reading this forum. I think I'll go back! I was too afraid that it would make me frizzy. (I was a little frizzy doing that before, but I think my hair is healthier now, so hopefully that would help. Plus it wasn't terrible before.) I'll do the upside pixie to start like she did. I'm so excited. I want to go wet my hair and try again :)

[/quote]

Ha ha! All these new and exciting techniques! I tried a modified Smasters technique today, and my hair came out pretty decent. I had never tried it before -- something to play around with in the future! :blob4:

Good luck with your experimenting!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file