Deep Conditionerss

blu_gtar87blu_gtar87 Posts: 47Registered Users
Hi all!

I need a deep conditioner. I need to know where to start in looking for one. What do you all think would be a good conditioner for 3c type curls? Any suggestions of any that you've used before?
Check out my blog: kinkycurlypixie.blogspot.com
or search me on youtube: blugtar87

Phone cord curls (dont know what type). Looser in the front and on top (maybe from heat damage?:-|)

Happy to say that I am CG! :love7:

Currently using:
Teressentials Mud Wash. (As my cleanser and conditioner)
Giovanni's Direct Leave-In.
Castor oil
Ecco styler gel

Comments

• jam6352jam6352 Posts: 99Registered Users
    I really love Lustrasilk's Shea butter/Mango Cholesterol. I add honey, olive oil, and coconut oil and my hair eats it up. I also love the price too--I can usually find it for $2.50-$2.80. Hope that helps!
    Low-Poo: Hairveda's Shampoo Bar
    Co- Wash: Suave Professionals
    Rinse-out Conditioners: HE LTR , GF Triple Nutrition, Lustrasilk Shea/Mango Cholesterol
    Deep Conditioner: Lustrasilk S/M Cholesterol + honey, EVOO, coconut oil

Moisturizers:
    Hairveda's 3-n-1 Creme & Blended Beauty's Curl Styling Lotion

• curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Just started using Tresemme Natural's Nourishing Moisture conditioner as a rinse-out deep conditioner. I really like it and its very affordable!
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    curlyclo89 wrote: »
    Just started using Tresemme Natural's Nourishing Moisture conditioner as a rinse-out deep conditioner. I really like it and its very affordable!

I've heard a lot about this conditioner, I think I'll be investing in it to give it a shot.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • blu_gtar87blu_gtar87 Posts: 47Registered Users
    hmm. i have tresemme naturals as a matter of fact lol. i will def be trying it as a deep conditioner then. thanks :)

Phone cord curls (dont know what type). Looser in the front and on top (maybe from heat damage?:-|)

Currently using:
    Castor oil
    Ecco styler gel
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can use any of your favorite rinse out conditioners to make a "deep conditioner".. just add oil, or shea butter, herbs, or whichever additional ingredients you like. You can mix together a heavy conditioner with a lighter one, or a protein condish with a moisturizing one.. there's really no rules on this so you can make your own. :)

For example, I did a deep condition yesterday with 1/4 cup of Nature's Gate Henna conditioner, added a spoonful of Burts Bees Nourishing Baby Oil, and a few drops of Silk Amino Acids (blog post coming about this), and I am very happy with the results. I just used body heat (plastic cap and a towel) to do the DC.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • blu_gtar87blu_gtar87 Posts: 47Registered Users
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    You can use any of your favorite rinse out conditioners to make a "deep conditioner".. just add oil, or shea butter, herbs, or whichever additional ingredients you like. You can mix together a heavy conditioner with a lighter one, or a protein condish with a moisturizing one.. there's really no rules on this so you can make your own. :)

For example, I did a deep condition yesterday with 1/4 cup of Nature's Gate Henna conditioner, added a spoonful of Burts Bees Nourishing Baby Oil, and a few drops of Silk Amino Acids (blog post coming about this), and I am very happy with the results. I just used body heat (plastic cap and a towel) to do the DC.

Ok im definitely gonna havta try this. maybe with my tresemme naturals conditioner.

Currently using:
    Castor oil
    Ecco styler gel
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm so remedial when it comes to making your own concoctions that I just make a mess :sad10:

Sooo...store bought products it is :confused3:
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    blu_gtar87 wrote: »
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

Ok im definitely gonna havta try this. maybe with my tresemme naturals conditioner.

Go for it.. let us know how it works. Mine worked just fine.
    I'm so remedial when it comes to making your own concoctions that I just make a mess :sad10:

Sooo...store bought products it is :confused3:

That's cool.. My personal opinion of "deep conditioners" is that they are just a marketing device. Conditioner is conditioner. Same thing for leave in conditioners.

As for making a mess, well that's just part of the territory. I just mix everything together in a bowl unless I'm actually cooking up something from scratch. All the products I used were mostly ready made commercial conditioners, just adding in some oil. Stir with a spoon or your finger.. the end.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file