CurlTalk

What Not to Wear and Clinton Kelly's meltdown (spoilers)

curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
over skankified clothes. LOL

Clinton walks off. The makeover woman walks off. And leaves the studio. Oh, the drama. LOL

First, the makeover starts saying she makes herself look like a dumb blonde to trick people into thinking she's stupid so she can slaughter them (she's a law student). Then, Clinton and Stacey tell her she looks like a stripper in those skankified clothes. So, makeover gets to New York, and plays dumb. I've never seen Clinton get that pissed off. He's come close (that weird dressing Red Cross worker who dressed like a manja character for exampe LOL), but dang! Then the makeover walks off the set. She said that Clinton and Stacey are mean, and are just picking at her for sport. Um, that's what they always do. Anyway, she jumped in a cab and left.

I'm sorry, she looked horrible. And so do her extensions. And that nasty over-tanned, bleached blonde look. I think to say she looked like a stripper would be an insult to strippers. She looked cheap, just like Clinton said.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote: »

Clinton walks off. The makeover woman walks off. And leaves the studio. Oh, the drama. LOL

First, the makeover starts saying she makes herself look like a dumb blonde to trick people into thinking she's stupid so she can slaughter them (she's a law student). Then, Clinton and Stacey tell her she looks like a stripper in those skankified clothes. So, makeover gets to New York, and plays dumb. I've never seen Clinton get that pissed off. He's come close (that weird dressing Red Cross worker who dressed like a manja character for exampe LOL), but dang! Then the makeover walks off the set. She said that Clinton and Stacey are mean, and are just picking at her for sport. Um, that's what they always do. Anyway, she jumped in a cab and left.

I'm sorry, she looked horrible. And so do her extensions. And that nasty over-tanned, bleached blonde look. I think to say she looked like a stripper would be an insult to strippers. She looked cheap, just like Clinton said.

LOL, I'm curious - what law school? Is she modelling herself after Legally Blond?
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• KikapooKikapoo Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    I thought Clinton was about to cry!

And yeah, her hair looked awful. The whole episode was just weird.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Did anyone see the episode before - Leanne - the witch? She had curly hair. Unfortunately, I tuned in just after her hair makeover - but it was curly. I'd love to know what he used on her - gel? mousse?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    I'm watching the reair of the witch, I'll post to let you know what he uses.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

• SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    I was watching that but the woman got on my last nerve so I changed the channel.

I want to be on that show! lol
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
    Amneris wrote: »

LOL, I'm curious - what law school? Is she modelling herself after Legally Blond?

They didn't say. She lives and goes to school in Nashville, so I dunno. Vandy maybe?

Elle Woods was smarter than this woman. You can tell she's ot some kind of issues. Insecurity, immaturity, etc. She's not ugly, but that overtanned skin and blonde hair is so friggin fake. She's a natural redhead...why not go with that?

Ted Gibson almost had to fight her to cut like a tiny wisp of hair on her bang. Oh lord. LOL

• curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    I think she looked like a skanky Elle Woods. I get the feeling a lot of the emotions she was having was because she's always heard how beautiful she is, and for C & S to call her out about looking slutty did a number on her ego. I'm glad in the end she went along with the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

I was watching that but the woman got on my last nerve so I changed the channel.

You reacted how Clinton reacted!

I know, right? I'll take 5k and get some new clothes. Hell yeah.

You reacted how Clinton reacted!

I know, right? I'll take 5k and get some new clothes. Hell yeah.

I'd love to be on the show--if they'd let me spend the whole $5k at Marshall's, TJMaxx, Kohl's, and JCPenneys! I don't want to spend $5k and only get 30 outfits!
    I do. But they'd have to keep me away from shoes and handbags, because that's where I would want to concentrate all the money.

Today TLC had a WNTW marathon, and they actually sent a woman to the Tanger Outlets on Long Island.

I'm watching the reair of the witch, I'll post to let you know what he uses.

Great! Thanks curlyarca :thumbleft:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    They didn't say. She lives and goes to school in Nashville, so I dunno. Vandy maybe?

Ugh. That would be sad. :sad3:

I thought Clinton was pretty unprofessional, even though that girl was totally off her rocker. She claims she had been criticized in the past for how she looks so them taking that critical approach with her just made her even more stubborn. She clearly has confidence issues-- she could hardly look at herself in the 360 mirror and got defensive every time they said something about her clothes. I think they would have been better served to approach her more delicately, even though she puts off a tough cookie attitude.

Clinton's freak out was still kinda fun to watch though :happy1:
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
    "Long hair identity as a vixen, diva witch."

Well he cut her hair dry. Two hours to syle her hair, and he didn't say what he used. She got some color for her roots, and the crew started calling her Cher (from Moonstruck).

The shots went directly from color to blowdrying with no mention of what products he used. Sorry curlypearl!

It was totally unprofessional, yet quite entertaining. When that Lolita-dressing Red Cross makeover happened, I was hoping Clinton or Stacey would lose it. Because that woman was making me nuts. Stacey almost did. LOL

Carmindy knew exactly what to say "Without a stitch of makeup, you're gorgeous!!!!!" LOLOLOLOL That's right, make her think she has no problems. She wears that same pink lipstick that the Millionaire Matchmaker wears.

eta: I think Clinton was feeling abused because I'm sure he's used to people paying for his advice, and this woman was just standing there looking and acting like a Yorkie with a bad outfit on...for free...and seemingly unreceptive.

• lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    She wears that same pink lipstick that the Millionaire Matchmaker wears.

:sign5: I knew I recognized that from somewhere!!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    I miss this show :sad5:

and I wanna marry Clinton.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    nm
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Ooo, I can't wait to see this ep! Thank heavens for DVR!

I want Clinton and Stacey to be my friends. I love them both.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Amneris wrote: »

Elle Woods was smarter than this woman. You can tell she's ot some kind of issues. Insecurity, immaturity, etc. She's not ugly, but that overtanned skin and blonde hair is so friggin fake. She's a natural redhead...why not go with that?

Ted Gibson almost had to fight her to cut like a tiny wisp of hair on her bang. Oh lord. LOL

It drives.me.nuts. when redheads try to be blondes. We're not blonde! We look lousy with blonde hair! Give up the stereotype!

Also, how on earth did a natural redhead manage a tan? Was it tan in a can?
  • I need to start watching this show again.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
    "Long hair identity as a vixen, diva witch."

Well he cut her hair dry. Two hours to syle her hair, and he didn't say what he used. She got some color for her roots, and the crew started calling her Cher (from Moonstruck).

The shots went directly from color to blowdrying with no mention of what products he used. Sorry curlypearl!

Thanks anyway, Curlyarca. :toothy4:
  • kristenkristen Posts: 125Registered Users
    She said she went to the tanning bed twice a week and Carmindy looked like she wanted to die

Clinton's melt-down was pretty entertaining, but i wanted to slap the pink lipstick right off that girls face most of the time.
    “If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all” ~Audrey Hepburn~
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    Awww, I missed it. :crybaby:

I wish Netflix had seasons of this show in stock (all I can find is the Best Mom Makeovers set). I swear it would be a couple of months before I would be able to convince myself to send each DVD back.
    33abhqq.gif
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users
    Moments like these are when I wish I still had cable :(

Love this show! A family friend did an interview with Stacey and she gave her some advice on what kind of jeans to pick out. She said she had never found a better fitting pair.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,289Registered Users
    Add me as one who would love to go on the show! I would NOT be one of the people that leaves with 3 pairs of shoes, I know I would get at least 10 pairs. I love shoes. I would totally want to spend both days shopping with them. It would be so much fun! Don't think I'd like the 360 mirror though. I wonder if this episode is available 'on demand' I'll have to look for it!!
    kayb - I miss this show

I didn't think Clinton was the marrying type? at least not in this country if you know what I mean?
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • emthefantasticalemthefantastical Posts: 962Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »

It drives.me.nuts. when redheads try to be blondes. We're not blonde! We look lousy with blonde hair! Give up the stereotype!

She said she went to the tanning bed regularly. Carmindy did not approve.

I actually know a lot of natural redheads that tan quite easily. We call them day-walkers, because they can walk outside during the day and not burst into flame.
    2c/3a
    somewhere between fine and medium texture
    average porosity underneath, fairly high porosity in the canopy

cowash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    rinse-out: GFTN, One-C
    styling: LALSG, EcoStyler, Deva Styling Cream

• TRBL wrote: »
    Add me as one who would love to go on the show! I would NOT be one of the people that leaves with 3 pairs of shoes, I know I would get at least 10 pairs. I love shoes. I would totally want to spend both days shopping with them. It would be so much fun! Don't think I'd like the 360 mirror though. I wonder if this episode is available 'on demand' I'll have to look for it!!
    kayb - I miss this show

I didn't think Clinton was the marrying type? at least not in this country if you know what I mean?

He can get married where I live...
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »

She said she went to the tanning bed regularly. Carmindy did not approve.

I actually know a lot of natural redheads that tan quite easily. We call them day-walkers, because they can walk outside during the day and not burst into flame.

+1. I have a daywalker cousin.

I also see redheads who do look good as blondes. Many people can pull off many colors as long as they get the right shade of that color.

I didn't like the hair of the woman on the show, though.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    It was totally unprofessional, yet quite entertaining. When that Lolita-dressing Red Cross makeover happened, I was hoping Clinton or Stacey would lose it. Because that woman was making me nuts. Stacey almost did. LOL

Carmindy knew exactly what to say "Without a stitch of makeup, you're gorgeous!!!!!" LOLOLOLOL That's right, make her think she has no problems. She wears that same pink lipstick that the Millionaire Matchmaker wears.

eta: I think Clinton was feeling abused because I'm sure he's used to people paying for his advice, and this woman was just standing there looking and acting like a Yorkie with a bad outfit on...for free...and seemingly unreceptive.

Exactly! Carmindy also had the safest job of all--the girl wasn't gonna fight her over something that could be easily washed off later.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Daywalkers? Daywalkers?

Bwwaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaa!:evil4:

I have never known a natural redhead who looked or looks good as a blonde. I know blondes and others who look good as redheads, but not the reverse.

Show me a picture.