6 yo curly boy, no idea what to do

arabookwormarabookworm Posts: 6Registered Users
Hi,
My younger brother is 6 (big age difference) and his hair is pretty curly when it grows out, but when it is short it simply looks wavy and frizzy. as of right now I'm pretty sure my mom just uses shampoo on him. however, I have been having a lot of success using CG on my hair (which is admittedly a lot curlier than his) so I'm not really sure what to use on his hair for the best results. I was thinking of just trying to CG his hair for a couple of weeks and see what happens. his hair is very dry naturally, so it probably wouldn't hurt.

here's a pic. not very good, but it'll give you a general idea of his hair. http://www.flickr.com/photos/arabookworm/5281139735/

Comments

• SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi,
    My younger brother is 6 (big age difference) and his hair is pretty curly when it grows out, but when it is short it simply looks wavy and frizzy. as of right now I'm pretty sure my mom just uses shampoo on him. however, I have been having a lot of success using CG on my hair (which is admittedly a lot curlier than his) so I'm not really sure what to use on his hair for the best results. I was thinking of just trying to CG his hair for a couple of weeks and see what happens. his hair is very dry naturally, so it probably wouldn't hurt.

here's a pic. not very good, but it'll give you a general idea of his hair. phone 2 041 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sounds good! Let us know how it goes. Maybe you could also get him a more gentle shampoo?
  • DerbyCityNaturalsDerbyCityNaturals Posts: 422Registered Users
    On my 5 year old son I only co-wash his hair. I have found that conditioner can get anything out including food and dirt.

In the a.m. I spray his hair with a spray bottle and use a little dollop of moisturizer that is it. we are currently using Allafia Beautiful Curls for babies because it "doesn't smell like a girl"
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    we are currently using Allafia Beautiful Curls for babies because it "doesn't smell like a girl"

:laughing8: That's adorable.
  • arabookwormarabookworm Posts: 6Registered Users
    we've been cowashing his hair for about a week now and so far there is absolutely no difference. he has hair of steel. it can withstand anything and come through exactly the same as before :laughing8: however, we're going to keep up with it to see if maybe it helps his hair look a bit less unruly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file