Here we go AGAIN - giving long hair another chance...

xyzioloxyziolo Registered Users Posts: 232
Ok, I have really, really boy-short hair and love it but I'm tired of it as I have been wearing my hair this way for the last 15 years with the exception of two times I let it grow out to the base of the neck. The growing out process was painful and awkward, of course. But the last time wasn't as bad because I grew it out shaping the edges, that is, I grew it out getting a brooklyn blow-out shape up. That's the only way I know how to grow it out without going bananas and feeling incredibly unattractive. I've posted some pics (not of me) of how I grow it out.

Advice please:
I want to set goals so I have something to look forward to. My hair is probably one inch now. I think I want to reach 18 inches - if I recall correctly how that looks. Can you guys re-educate me on hair growth (how many inches hair grows per month, etc.) and post pics of 18 inch hair to 24 inch hair??? It would be great if it were 18 - 24 inch 3b/3c hair, but any curly heads are fine too.

PS My hair is not the length of the pics yet, it is shorter - about one inch or three quarters of an inch.

Thank you!!

Comments

• want2bcurlywant2bcurly Registered Users Posts: 97
    i cant give any advice but just wanted to say good luck. im where u are now,although my hair is a little longer. i have 3a hair so it doesnt look as nice as yours,i have very uneven curls.i had it cut to a very cute short hair style because it was so damaged...now i want to grow it but i cant wear it curly without a headband,scarf...it is just to short on the sides and in the back.i keep getting frustrated and go cut it again for the straight short styles, then change my mind and want to be curly.. it goes back and forth. today i did something stupid,or smart.(not sure yet)i cut alot of layers in my hair so it would look good in the headband,but so now i cant flatiron and wear straight.now i have no choice but to grow it and wear it curly. i took the option away.possibly stupid because i i said, your hair is way prettier than mine.
    good luck.
  • xyzioloxyziolo Registered Users Posts: 232
    i cant give any advice but just wanted to say good luck. im where u are now,although my hair is a little longer. i have 3a hair so it doesnt look as nice as yours,i have very uneven curls.i had it cut to a very cute short hair style because it was so damaged...now i want to grow it but i cant wear it curly without a headband,scarf...it is just to short on the sides and in the back.i keep getting frustrated and go cut it again for the straight short styles, then change my mind and want to be curly.. it goes back and forth. today i did something stupid,or smart.(not sure yet)i cut alot of layers in my hair so it would look good in the headband,but so now i cant flatiron and wear straight.now i have no choice but to grow it and wear it curly. i took the option away.possibly stupid because i i said, your hair is way prettier than mine.
    good luck.

Thanks, but I'm sure you're hair is pretty as well. :-)

Let's go on the journey together then! It's better than going it alone. :-)

I'm going to buy hair vitamins - biotin and msm - which I've read a lot about (on this site). Just to speed up the awkward phases...LOL
    Once I can pick it up and pile it on my head (like a pineapple) I feel ok. It's the mushroom and bob that really kill me..just HATE those cuts on my person. Neck length is not terrible either and again you have the pineapple and ponytail options at that stage.

Good luck!!! (don't cut it!!!) :toothy8:
  • want2bcurlywant2bcurly Registered Users Posts: 97
    nope, i wont cut it. im very determained this time:) i just bought hair vitamins at the store which have alot mg of biotin so hope that helps.
    its funny you said mushroom cut because if i do not wear a headband or scarf, my hair looks like a mushroom.i couldnt figure out what it looked like till you mentioned it.yep a big mushroon:( i dont mind the bob on me so that is my first goal. a short curly bob. them to shoulders....
    my problem is that i do not have consistant curls. i have anywhere from 2b to 3a. im supposed to be all 3a with 3b stuck in so hopefully as it grows it will perk back up.
    good luck and yes lets keep each other updated and give support:) we r not alone in this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file