Diffuser for curlies?

natural_dancer86natural_dancer86 Posts: 159Registered Users
Sup everybody,

I'm looking for a recommended blow dryer with a Diffuser and concentrator.

I found these on Amazon.com. Tell me what you think about these. Feel free to recommend anything not listed.

Vidal Sassoon Fast Dry Turbo Hairdryer with Diffuser - VS505

$17.01 Finger Diffuser and Concentrator
Amazon.com: Vidal Sassoon Fast Dry Turbo Hairdryer with Diffuser - VS505: Beauty

Conair 213XP Infiniti Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Technology Ionic Styler, Black

Diffuser and concentrator attachment $34.49
Amazon.com: Conair 213XP Infiniti Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Technology Ionic Styler, Black: Beauty

Remington D-2012 Tstudio Collection Tourmaline and Ceramic Hair Dryer

$39.99 Narrow air concentrator and diffuser attachments
Amazon.com: Remington D-2012 Tstudio Collection Tourmaline and Ceramic Hair Dryer: Beauty

Revlon RV544 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ionic Lightweight Dryer, Silver/Black

Diffuser but NO concentrator $22.73
Amazon.com: Revlon RV544 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ionic Lightweight Dryer, Silver/Black: Beauty

The diffuser will be my back up plan in the winter or whenever I wake up and my twist or braid outs look a hot mess. Something quick and easy for work.

I don't plan to do this everyday just every once and awhile to stretch my curls and for a quick backup plan.

Comments

• natural_dancer86natural_dancer86 Posts: 159Registered Users
    I forgot to add that the Vidal Sassion $17 one had reviews that it dies quickly BUT that price is looking so right....Let me know if you guys ever used it.

I'm looking for a good brand and heat safe diffuser blow dryer
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    This is what I got a couple months ago.
    The Infiniti Cord-Keeper by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Hair Styler model: 223X
    (It comes with a diffuser attachment.)
    hc_223f_instyle_.jpg
    Depending on where you buy it (I saw it for as little as $23 at Walmart on sale), it' s usually around $25-$40.

I LOVE MINE! :blob4:
    I usually let my hair air dry for a little while than I'll use the dryer between low-medium heat for no more than 10 minutes and my curls are frizz-free and intact!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • LeeLee182LeeLee182 Posts: 784Registered Users
    I just bought that revlon one, i've only used it once..but i like it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
    KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz

Blog:http://norehabneeded.wordpress.com/
    :thumbleft: Thanks yall
  • Farah85Farah85 Posts: 90Registered Users
    I use the conair one listed 2nd on your list and it gives me amazing volume and very little frizz. I havent' tried any other diffusers, though, so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. This is the first one I've ever used.
    Texture: fine-medium
    Porosity: high-normal
    Elasticity: normal
    Experimenting with making my own products. Hair loves protein.
    Farah85 wrote: »
    I use the conair one listed 2nd on your list and it gives me amazing volume and very little frizz. I havent' tried any other diffusers, though, so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. This is the first one I've ever used.

Thanks so much. I'm thinking about getting that. The ceramic technology looks great
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got a Revlon dryer with diffuser and concentrator attachments from Santa this year. I may try it out tonight and do a flexirod set. 8-) I'll let you know how it works after I use it.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    I got a Revlon dryer with diffuser and concentrator attachments from Santa this year. I may try it out tonight and do a flexirod set. 8-) I'll let you know how it works after I use it.

Great thanks! Diffuser + Flexirod set sounds like a great way to stretch out the curls!

Let me know how it goes. I got some tight tight curls

Great thanks! Diffuser + Flexirod set sounds like a great way to stretch out the curls!

Let me know how it goes. I got some tight tight curls

I still didn't have time to do the flexirod set, but I did use the diffuser just to dry my wash n go.. it's ok. I got kinda stringy ramen noodle curls and had to re-wet my hair anyways to get the clumps back. Not sure if my technique was wrong, or what..
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    I have a blow dryer that came with a concentrator but didn't come with the diffuser so I went a bought a universal conair diffuser attachment today. I'm not sure if the brand really makes a difference with the outcome of your hair, though. Hopefully when I use my diffuser it will work out fine.

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
    Okay I've been practicing a bit with my diffuser and I'm starting to really like it now. I do get more volume which is what I want.

I will co wash in the shower and leave some in after rinsing. Then I dab my hair dry with a towel so it's not drippy.. apply a bit more of conditioner, oil, and protein reconstructor spray (it acts like a hairspray/hold product for me). Then I clip my roots and fire up the blowdryer. Diffuse with my head to the side for about 10 minutes and by then I'm about 80-90% dry. I let it air dry from there and I'm out the door. All together this process takes about 20 minutes.

I haven't tried the rollerset with the diffuser yet but I will soon because I'm going to practice wedding hairstyles.
    Okay I've been practicing a bit with my diffuser and I'm starting to really like it now. I do get more volume which is what I want.

I will co wash in the shower and leave some in after rinsing. Then I dab my hair dry with a towel so it's not drippy.. apply a bit more of conditioner, oil, and protein reconstructor spray (it acts like a hairspray/hold product for me). Then I clip my roots and fire up the blowdryer. Diffuse with my head to the side for about 10 minutes and by then I'm about 80-90% dry. I let it air dry from there and I'm out the door. All together this process takes about 20 minutes.

I haven't tried the rollerset with the diffuser yet but I will soon because I'm going to practice wedding hairstyles.

Thanks for the info Bekka. Your new cut is so cute.

The diffuser sure does come in handy when my twists come out a MESS and I'm in a hurry for work lol I do my wash and go then

I've now learned that I just gotta wait and let my hair grow...it wont' stretch much with the diffuser and I wanna use non-heat techniques.

Thanks for the info Bekka. Your new cut is so cute.

The diffuser sure does come in handy when my twists come out a MESS and I'm in a hurry for work lol I do my wash and go then

I've now learned that I just gotta wait and let my hair grow...it wont' stretch much with the diffuser and I wanna use non-heat techniques.

You're welcome.. and thank you for the compliment! I personally am loving your twa! I think it frames your face really well. :icon_smile: I am planning to get trimmed down to your length in the next few months.
    You're welcome.. and thank you for the compliment! I personally am loving your twa! I think it frames your face really well. :icon_smile: I am planning to get trimmed down to your length in the next few months.

Aww thanks. I'm actually frustrated with the shrinkage and short length. A bad combo lol. I really am looking forward to when my curls fall to my chin to frame my face.

I just discovered variations of flat twists can allow me to make my hair style and lay down like I want it to. It gives an illusion of length because it strecthes areas of my hair lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file