moisture and hold?

TammieLeeTammieLee Posts: 8Registered Users
im trying to find and maybe even make some new products for my hair. ive found that ive been using to much protein on my corse hair, so now what is the next move i should take?
i want something that has moisture even up to the 3rd day. what products, butters, or oils have that potential??
and hold!? i need hold for my hair. gel or no gel? -is that my question? maybe i need some creams or (cake) "batter"-like consistency for my hair.
-what do you think??
normal-medium porosity, high density, normal elasticity, course 3b/3c, protein-sensitive, & Modified CG:thumbleft:
cleanser- Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, lavender (bar)
condish- Giovanni Smooth as Silk
leave in- Giovanni Smooth as Silk
oils-olive oil

currently: (Dec.19) twist out challenge till Jan 4. Jan 4-straighten and trimmed.

*upcoming possessions: FSG, avocado butter, raw shea butter, MyHoneyChild & OyinHandMade products.

Jesus is all the man i need!

Comments

• mathispaynemathispayne Posts: 21Registered Users
    I would just lay off treatments for a while. While it's great to have moisture/protein balance and all, once you find that balance, it's not all that necessary, unless your hair falls out of balance again.

As far as a good, moisturizing product, creamy stuff is really good. I like butters and solid oils. Avocado and Hempseed Oil/Butter are my favorites! Applied to wet hair, especially.

My hair is really coarse, so it stands up to heavy products and oils, so your hair may be kind of like mine. I've even used vegetable shortening on my length, blended with other oils, as a cheapie fix. It gives hold and moisture on wet hair (don't try it on dry hair, it's far too heavy).

(and no, it's not butter flavored or scented, lol...I use the original kind 8-))

But yeah, ever since I've done the above, I haven't looked at my ECOStyler gel since. Gotta love not needing hair gel :toothy4:

Hope those help!
    Hair Type
    A Bit of 3b
    |&|Mostly 3c

Regimen:
    Wash and twist hair with oil & Twist hair for bed
    No combs or brushes & No "products"
  • TammieLeeTammieLee Posts: 8Registered Users
    I would just lay off treatments for a while. While it's great to have moisture/protein balance and all, once you find that balance, it's not all that necessary, unless your hair falls out of balance again.

As far as a good, moisturizing product, creamy stuff is really good. I like butters and solid oils. Avocado and Hempseed Oil/Butter are my favorites! Applied to wet hair, especially.

My hair is really coarse, so it stands up to heavy products and oils, so your hair may be kind of like mine. I've even used vegetable shortening on my length, blended with other oils, as a cheapie fix. It gives hold and moisture on wet hair (don't try it on dry hair, it's far too heavy).

(and no, it's not butter flavored or scented, lol...I use the original kind 8-))

But yeah, ever since I've done the above, I haven't looked at my ECOStyler gel since. Gotta love not needing hair gel :toothy4:

Hope those help!

i was just about to as about the scent!! lol im going to have to look into this.
    thank you :thumbleft:
    normal-medium porosity, high density, normal elasticity, course 3b/3c, protein-sensitive, & Modified CG:thumbleft:
    cleanser- Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, lavender (bar)
    condish- Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    leave in- Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    oils-olive oil

currently: (Dec.19) twist out challenge till Jan 4. Jan 4-straighten and trimmed.

*upcoming possessions: FSG, avocado butter, raw shea butter, MyHoneyChild & OyinHandMade products.

Jesus is all the man i need!
  • coracora Posts: 456Registered Users
    Blended Beauty's Curl Styling Butter or Happy Nappy Styles might be just what you are looking for.
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    The only thing that I have found that offers the best of both worlds is the BB Happy Nappy Styles or my homemade concotion of FOTE AVG w/ EVCO & honey.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    cora wrote: »
    Blended Beauty's Curl Styling Butter or Happy Nappy Styles might be just what you are looking for.

that's exactly what i was going to suggest.
  • mixededmixeded Posts: 381Registered Users
    I just recently tried aloe vera gel mixed with raw shea butter and a little bit of coconut oil with pretty decent results. It gives a nice strong hold along with the moisture of the shea butter. I'd like to try this mixture with avocado or some other kind of butter also.
    :duckie: Fotki!
    Last relaxer: Feb. 2008
    Big Chop:
    Jan. 2009

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file