Refreshing Second-Day Hair HELP

nicnic93nicnic93 Registered Users Posts: 28
For those who are transitioning, or just love less manipulation on their hair --- How do you refresh your curls the next day ?

-I'm transitioning, and my favorite style is bantu-knot outs! I tend to have to do them EVERY night to keep them in shape. If I don't my hair is a frizzy MESS! Even on some days my hair is a frizzy mess before the day is even OVER! I hate having to do my hair every night to keep the curls defined.

What are some ways to keep your curls refreshed without doing too much manipulation?

-any favorite products?
-methods?
-tools?

THANKS (=

Comments

• aprilj90aprilj90 Registered Users Posts: 17
    When I want 2nd day hair on my twist outs I 1). take down the twists with EVOO on my hands and 2). Sleep with a bonnet that night. Doing this I can usually get even 3rd day hair. Granted I suck at bantu knots lol HTH
  • AfroPRChicaAfroPRChica Registered Users Posts: 200
    For those who are transitioning, or just love less manipulation on their hair --- How do you refresh your curls the next day ?

-I'm transitioning, and my favorite style is bantu-knot outs! I tend to have to do them EVERY night to keep them in shape. If I don't my hair is a frizzy MESS! Even on some days my hair is a frizzy mess before the day is even OVER! I hate having to do my hair every night to keep the curls defined.

What are some ways to keep your curls refreshed without doing too much manipulation?

-any favorite products?
    -methods?
    -tools?

THANKS (=

Try doing the pineapple and then putting a satin scarf over it, a lot of curlies do it for 2nd day hair. Or you could do bantu knots every night (without wetting or washing it), so that it can keep the curls.
    -Mostly 3C with some 4A.
    -Currently APL.
    -Shorterm Goal: BSL by end of the year.
    -Longterm Goal: WL in 2 years.
    -Medium/coarse hair, Low Porosity, Low-Elasticity, Medium Density.

Rotation:

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Cond. (any)
    Rinse Out: Tresemee Naturals Moisture
    DC: GVP Cond. Balm, SM DC, & EVOO
    Leave in: SM Conditioning Milk
    Sealant: EVOO Or Whipped Shea
    Gel: SM Curl Souffle

Afro-Latinas...visit my blog!:

http://afrolatinaisbeautiful.blogspot.com/
  • NaturallybluNaturallyblu Registered Users Posts: 17
    I sleep with a bonnet on and try not to lay on one side too long.... If one side does end up flat I just make a style of it & pin hair to one side or up top! I also fluff the next day & may put a hair polisher on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Last Relaxer: July 10, 2010
    Big Chop: July 20, 2011
    Hair Type: 3c/4a
    Regimen: Co-wash w/Vo5 Conditioner, Wash w/KC Come Clean or Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo, Condition w/ KCKT &/or Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk, and moisturize w/Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Youtube: www.youtube.com/naturallyblu
    Blog: www.NaturallyBlutiful.Blogspot.com

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file