New member - I want to be CG

FonchiCurlyFonchiCurly Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello everybody,

I just subscribed to this website but I have been reading the threads for the last couple of months. I found this website by luck as I was searching for flax seed gel recipes. I love this website!!! Finally I can chat about shampoos without annoying people :occasion7:

I would like to co-wash - I tried it but I obviously did not have much info. I first started with the yes to carrots daily conditionner but removed all shine on my hair and it did not look nice at all, then I realized it was because it had silicones. So I kept on using my kerastase shampoo with the yes to carrots conditionner.

Now, I would like to restart, I would like to know if these are the right conditionners to co-wash:

1- tre semme naturals ( to wash)
2- yes to cuncumbers conditionner ( to detangle/moisturize) as I read you needed a thicker moisturizer after the wash

Are these ok to start?

p.s. I think i am a 3b/3c - not 100% certain yet.

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi FonchiCurly and welcome!

You might try posting on the general questions about hair part of this website to get good answers. I started out CG but I've switched back so I've forgotten a lot.

Anyway, it works for a lot of people. Good luck!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    That is totally ok to start CO-washing with. The Tresemme Naturals is 'cone free, and I believe the Yes to Cucumbers is, too.
    As a side note -- if you have the Tresemme Naturals Moisture conditioner, that might be a little heavy to CO-wash with. It's good to start out with, but if you start seeing some major grease by your scalp, I would suggest switching to something lighter and even cheaper, like Suave Naturals or any of the VO5 lines. Some people do use the Tresemme to CO-wash with, but I certainly couldn't -- I use it as my rinse out condish. Good luck on your CG journey!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • anonymous_60337anonymous_60337 Posts: 22Registered Users
    That is totally ok to start CO-washing with. The Tresemme Naturals is 'cone free, and I believe the Yes to Cucumbers is, too.
    As a side note -- if you have the Tresemme Naturals Moisture conditioner, that might be a little heavy to CO-wash with. It's good to start out with, but if you start seeing some major grease by your scalp, I would suggest switching to something lighter and even cheaper, like Suave Naturals or any of the VO5 lines. Some people do use the Tresemme to CO-wash with, but I certainly couldn't -- I use it as my rinse out condish. Good luck on your CG journey!

Agree with the tresemme naturals moisture conditioner being too heavy for Co-wash. I'm 3b too, I definitely recommend something lighter for a co-wash. I love VO5 the most cause they smell great and its a million times cheaper :)
    3b, shoulder-length, cut all one length
    Co-wash: VO5 or Suave Naturals
    Conditioners: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine
    Leave in: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks 9 Hold

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FonchiCurlyFonchiCurly Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you girls. I could not find a suave naturals conditioner nor vo5. By accident, I found a giovanni conditioner (50 50 balance hydrating calming conditioner). I tried it today as a co wash and let's see how it goes! Up to now my curls are moisturized and defined.. my hair is shiny too.... Let's see how it goes!! :blob4:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file