Help! Crown Hair Fallout Every Winter

queentf2008queentf2008 Posts: 5Registered Users
For the past 4 years I have been dealing with a major problem with the located on the crown of my head falling out. This is the main reason I stopped getting relaxer because my hair started falling out really short until you could see my scalp. My hair look like I was going bald and I'm in my 20s. My hair usually grow back after it fall it but it always feel very week and fragile. During the summer it was growing really good and now it's cold I'm starting to go bald again. My scalp get really itchy before it fall out. I have been keeping it moisturized and conditioned. I don't use shampoo anymore. I wear a protective bun and styling. The conditioners I use are Devacurl, Yes to Carrots, Yes to Cucumbers, Herbal Essence. I use Bee Mine hair milk and Qhemet Biologics. This is very nerve wrecking because I can't wear certain styles because I'm always trying to hide the area. The rest of my hair is bra strap length.

Comments

• CaramelBlondieCaramelBlondie Posts: 6Registered Users
    To stop the breakage I recommend:
    Motion CPR Critical Protection and Repair Treatment Conditioner

I had a issue a few years back where stress caused my hair to fall out in globs at the crown. I used this and it stopped the actual breakage. After that, I cut my hair into a short bob style to ensure all of the damaged/split hair had been removed.
    You can read reviews of it here:
    Motions - Motion CPR Critical Protection and Repair Treatment Conditioner

I am not sure what can be done to prevent this cycle from constantly recurring, especially if you are already conditioning you hair and keeping it properly moisturized.

The only other thing I can think is that maybe the hair type you have in the crown area is a different hair type from the rest of your hair and perhaps it needs a different regimine esp in the winter? Perhaps more protein, etc?

Just taking a guess.

HTH
    Okay, so I'm not blonde anymore - but I am still Caramel!:study:
  • queentf2008queentf2008 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thank you! Yes my crown hair is more wavy and very fragile and it get tangled really easy. I will definitely read the reviews on the CPR. Yesterday I tried Joico K Pak and I hope it helps too. I have been reading a lot about PCOS and wondering if this could the case too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file