Being positive & thankful a/b the difficult aspects of children

shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
I know I saw a saying somewhere on her a long time ago about thinking positively about the difficult aspects of raising a child. For example:

~My child wont be quiet but it means that he is able to express himself & can speak.
~My child being so hyper & running around is a blessing b/c he is having fun and is blessed to have the ability to walk.

Maybe not those exactly, but you get the point. Anyone know what I'm referring to? I'd really appreciate it! TIA!
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey

Comments

• SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Hello, stranger!

R must be so big now. I think all little boys go through a rambunctious stage. They settle down eventually.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Hi! :) He *IS* so big now! And soooo funny & smart! but, along w/ those wonderful traits come some VERY VERY "trying" times! Hahaha!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I hear you, shelli! My son is also VERY active, talkative, strong-willed, independent etc. etc. etc. and whenever I'm tempted to wonder why he isn't one of those co-operative, quiet, snuggly, well-behaved kids everyone else claims to have, or to lament what I'm going to do with him AND a baby, I also remember that he is healthy, smart, curious, inquisitive, talented and so many things that will help take him through life as well as possible. I also enjoy that he has so much energy and says and does so many cute things - those times won't last for ever. Our active boys are a blessing!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file