In Search of a BC Buddy!

AfroBabyAfroBaby Registered Users Posts: 52
Hey All!

I've been transitioning for 6 months now. I intended to transition for at least a year before chopping off my ends, or possibly just getting regular trims until the relaxed ends were gone, but recently, I've gotten a serious itch to BC, and I don't think I can wait any longer.

I've been wearing mostly wash and gos for the past 6 months (with difussing and lots of scrunching to get my ends to curl) and I was looking back at some pictures I've taken, and I realized how terrible my scraggly relaxed ends look. I've been loving strawsetting for the last few weeks, but it's so timeconsuming, I can't keep it up. I just keep thinking to myself, why am I hanging onto these relaxed ends??

So, I think I will do my BC myself, either next week or over the Christmas holidays, as I'll be off work and can have some time to get used to my new do. I also thought I'd go pick up some hair to do some kinky twists in case I can't handle the TWA.

Is anyone else thinking of BC'ing soon, or recently done a big chop and want to be "BC Buddies". I mostly have "straight hairs" around me, and they don't really understand...
BC'd March 2, 2011
Last relaxer June 10, 2010
Longterm Goal = Healthy CBL unstretched

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Great idea! Hope you find one.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Ms. MartinaMs. Martina Registered Users Posts: 12
    It looks as if we are just a few days apart OP! I'm trying to wait until my 1yr mark on June 6th though. I have to admit...I have been very tempted though. I have cut some "test patches" to keep me satisfied until I BC. Maybe you should do that?? I have pics in my fotki and a video on my youtube. Check them out...links are in my siggy.
    Follow my journey back to long hair on Youtube!
    Last Relaxer: June 7, 2010 | Big Chopped: April 1st, 2011
    comic-p.jpg
  • JazzyDJazzyD Registered Users Posts: 2
    Girl I saw your fotki! Your hair is gorgeous! :love10: Go on ahead and cut that relaxer off! Unfortunately, my hair is heat damaged so I am waiting it out, but I would if I could. Good Luck! :happy8:
  • Ms. MartinaMs. Martina Registered Users Posts: 12
    JazzyD wrote: »
    Girl I saw your fotki! Your hair is gorgeous! :love10: Go on ahead and cut that relaxer off! Unfortunately, my hair is heat damaged so I am waiting it out, but I would if I could. Good Luck! :happy8:

Thanks:) IDK if I am ready to BC yet though...lol. I have never had short hair so I might go into shock or something. I'm able to hide my test patches for now as well. Plus I've heard it is better to BC when it is warm out. Hmmm...we shall see...lol!
    Follow my journey back to long hair on Youtube!
    Last Relaxer: June 7, 2010 | Big Chopped: April 1st, 2011
    comic-p.jpg
  • AfroBabyAfroBaby Registered Users Posts: 52
    Hey Ms. Martina, I checked out your blog, you've sure got a lot going on!!

I've cut a couple of pieces too! Just to check it out. I'm scared of seriously messing up my haircut though!

For a little bit there I wanted to BC so bad that I didn't know if I could wait until Christmas, then this week I'm kind of feeling chicken again. Maybe that means I'm not ready yet...

I kind of like the idea of just cutting it all off though. I feel like it would be liberating! I grew up with my white mom, so my hair was just a small little afro until I was about 7 and decided I wanted to grow it. I like the idea of revisiting that time in my life, growing out my natural hair. Feels like coming full circle in way.

Then last night I flat twisted my hair for the first time, and I really like the result, so now I'm thinking maybe I should just transition for a while longer...sigh!
    BC'd March 2, 2011
    Last relaxer June 10, 2010
    Longterm Goal = Healthy CBL unstretched

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file