robert craig price increases?

luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
wow i was about to buy more hair color. robert craig has really raised their prices. hmm is it time to look for something cheaper? especially since i pay shipping.

the box color is now $12. i remember when it was $9. the conditioner which i only use after coloring is now $26.50 for the 16 oz.

anyone else change from using robert craig because of prices? has anyone found anything as good or better (gentle) in stores? i only color parts of my hair to cover the few grays every 6 weeks or so.
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    wow i was about to buy more hair color. robert craig has really raised their prices. hmm is it time to look for something cheaper? especially since i pay shipping.

the box color is now $12. i remember when it was $9. the conditioner which i only use after coloring is now $26.50 for the 16 oz.

anyone else change from using robert craig because of prices? has anyone found anything as good or better (gentle) in stores? i only color parts of my hair to cover the few grays every 6 weeks or so.
    Nope! I will continue to use RC Color even though the price has increased. The shipping is fairly cheap so I just order 10 boxes at a time (same shipping) to make it cost effective.

I have not found ANY product that works the same or is as gentle as RC, so I will not be changing, ever! Same for my sister.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I buy several boxes about once per year. I could be wrong, but it seems like the boxes have been in the $9 range for 2-3 years. Not that all prices should go up every year, but If demand for their products has increased (coulda sworn I saw mention of RC in an article, for the first time, earlier this year) and they hadn't raised prices for a few years...

I will keep buying too, even at the higher price.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • CurliniCurlini Registered Users Posts: 258 Curl Neophyte
    I'm sticking with RC too - I also buy a dozen boxes at a time. I mix 3 different shades.

Speaking of RC - I finally found a combination of methods suggested by Curlilocks that works for covering my resistant grays - I use a little less water than called for but the clincher is using the heat cap I got at Curlmart. You heat it in the microwave.

I'm really happy with Robert Craig - I get lots of compliments on my color and my hair is much healthier than it was when I was getting salon color.
    Medium Texture/Normal Porosity
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie conditioners, Elucence moisture balancing, Darcy's pumpkin seed, Mop Top Daily
    Gels: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ Curl Queen, UFDCM, Mop Top Curly Custard, KCCC (wish it didn't take so long to dry!), CJ Aloe Fix Lite
    Weekly PT (CJ Repair Me) & DT
    Icequeen method
    CG since Aug. 08, still a lot to learn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    thanks ladies! i'll likely stick with them too. don't want any hair issues. it's the only collor i've used for years. good idea to buy more at one time. i was buying about 3 boxes at a time. also, i thought the conditioner price went up significantly. i guess i'll stick to only using the conditioner when i color and using other conditioners other times. thanks again for the replies!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    i have been paying $12 right along, but now i have a bunch of boxes of the robt craig golden blonde #18 that i'd like to sell since i have not colored since june 2010 and am letting myself go GRAY!!!! scary ain't it...anyway i looked in the mirror one day and decided that my aging face needed lighter color and i refuse to bleach so i figured i'd let it grow and see what happened...so i have 2 or 3 tones in my hair and gray mixes in. i do not think i will go back to coloring at this point so if u r interested in this color make me an offer-PM me
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file