Botanical Spirits hair care

ZoyiaZoyia Posts: 167Registered Users
Has anyone tried this brand? how did you like it and why? How did you apply them (wet, damp hair,...)?

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Zoyia wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this brand? how did you like it and why? How did you apply them (wet, damp hair,...)?

I love the magic curls puree as its a great gel for all dews and really cuts the frizz and ups the shine. The avocado coconut milk butter has been my love and I use it as a LI under this gel as well as others. I have the koils pudding too which is OK but I prefer a more controlled look from the puree vs. a softer look that fuzzes out later.

I have the refresher spritz too but haven't tested it yet. I'll update soon as I do.

HTH
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • ZoyiaZoyia Posts: 167Registered Users
    Thanks, Naturalista
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's a thread on them: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/95326-botanical-spirits.html?highlight=Botanical+Spirits

There are a few others. I, eventually, liked the Puree. Got incredible curls, but my hair felt "odd." It was hard to find products to use under it. Will have to try it again. Not sure that I would reorder.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abstractcurlsabstractcurls Posts: 380Registered Users
    It says on the website that the formula has been "improved". I really liked the curls I got but my hair was hard. Has anyone tried the newer formula?
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    It says on the website that the formula has been "improved". I really liked the curls I got but my hair was hard. Has anyone tried the newer formula?
    No, but she has a special on her facebook page.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
    Thanks so much for asking about these products. Of course, I had to use the Puree today. I used it with the right products--and I'm having one of my best hair days in weeks! Rinsed out with Sevi Seaberry and Buckthorn Conditioner, Marie Dean Aloe LI, DM Dream Curls and the Puree. It's cold (real feel below 20), windy and the dewpoint is +/- 10. I have more volume then I've had in a long time, nice tight curls and no frizz--even after being out and about doing errands and the health club.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I just tried to buy some of the Magic Curls Puree and there's no "add to cart" button. Is it discontinued??
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »
    I just tried to buy some of the Magic Curls Puree and there's no "add to cart" button. Is it discontinued??
    I think so. Been on sale for a month.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:

I emailed them and this is the answer: "No the Magic Curls Puree have not been discontinued. We are currently clearing our stock of the old formula before making available the new improved formulated product which will be available early next week. Thanks!"
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I emailed them and this is the answer: "No the Magic Curls Puree have not been discontinued. We are currently clearing our stock of the old formula before making available the new improved formulated product which will be available early next week. Thanks!"
    Interesting. I guess the new stretch curlee (?) is a different product from the curls puree.
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    well crap , i loved the curl puree, sigh
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The 2 products I like the most are the avocado coconut milk hair butter and the deep conditioner. The DC is good but it has an acetic acidy smell.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    well crap , i loved the curl puree, sigh

Exactly! Sassywillow was the one that clued me into the 40% off the old stock sale and I bought 2 of the 16oz in case the new one was triflin.

Formula changes suck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    I just bought a small bottle of the Mild Curls Puree and Stretch Curls Gelée hopefully I'll have it before the holidays and I'll try it and review it. I tried the regular and I really did like the curls I got just not the hardness (I got the regular formula). I think I'm going to try mixing the bottle of regular formula I have with another gel (Fairy Tale Curly Q) to see if that helps with the hardness.
    I just bought a small bottle of the Mild Curls Puree and Stretch Curls Gelée hopefully I'll have it before the holidays and I'll try it and review it. I tried the regular and I really did like the curls I got just not the hardness (I got the regular formula). I think I'm going to try mixing the bottle of regular formula I have with another gel (Fairy Tale Curly Q) to see if that helps with the hardness.

When I originally used this product, I loved the way my hair looked, but hated the way my hair felt. That "odd" hardness--those of us who have used this product know what I mean. I found that changing what I used under it was the way of reducing the hardness. The Botanical Spirits product that I bought as a li didn't do the trick. When I emailed the owner, she naturally mentioned using more of her products (at that point, shipping was outrageous and I wasn't about to make another order.) My first success was using Marie Dean Lemon Yogurt Smoothie. It was during the late Spring and that was enough. When this thread started, I pulled out what I have of the Puree--used the products in post #7 and my hair was incredible. I suggest you try more moisture in your products underneath--not a different gel. Not sure you should need a gel with this product.

I am going to do something similar and see if it works again. If so, I will be buying the new product when it comes out.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I originally used this product, I loved the way my hair looked, but hated the way my hair felt. That "odd" hardness--those of us who have used this product know what I mean. I found that changing what I used under it was the way of reducing the hardness.

YES to this! I used the Avocado Coconut milk butter as well as KBN Shealoe LI and have had great results. Hmm.. will have to play with MD again. I haven't since the summer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    Well before I read your post I added a small amount of the Puree with my regular gel (Fairy Tales) the hardness wasn't as bad, but I think I needed something more underneath. Has anyone tried Desert Essence Coconut conditioner? I was thinking of using that as a leave in next time.
    YES to this! I used the Avocado Coconut milk butter as well as KBN Shealoe LI and have had great results. Hmm.. will have to play with MD again. I haven't since the summer.

You really should use the MD again. I find that it "seals" my hair. On days that I use it, no frizz. Without it, I get some of that halo frizz.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why is the 12 oz of Stretch Curls Gelee $22.50?
    Why is the 12 oz of Stretch Curls Gelee $22.50?
    + 8.95 shipping! $30+ for a product you may not like and can't swap or sell. Geez. she needs samples
    She used to have 4oz sizes, what the heck happened?

I just emailed her and asked will this be available in 4ozs if not I'm not buying.
    She used to have 4oz sizes, what the heck happened?

I just emailed her and asked will this be available in 4ozs if not I'm not buying.
    did she respond to you yet? I want to try the new shampoo and conditioner and stretch gelee, but I want samples first. She has new trial bundles,but I don't know why she didn't put together a sample package of her new products. Honestly I think she would sell more products if she sold samples separately.
    She responded with the new trial bundles spiel.

so I just bought one of those, She put the new Stretch Curls Gelee in a bottle but the new version of the Curls Puree is in a jar.( maybe because its the sample size)

Its not as watery as the older version and it moves like mucus ( sorry) The smell is very plant like.

The Curls Gelee smells like a light soapish smell to it. Looks like lotion in the bottle as well.

I also received a sample of the kinky coils pudding, which I purchased in the past as well. That seems to smell better( like peaches)and doesnt look at thick as my older jar did.
    She responded with the new trial bundles spiel.

so I just bought one of those, She put the new Stretch Curls Gelee in a bottle but the new version of the Curls Puree is in a jar.( maybe because its the sample size)

Its not as watery as the older version and it moves like mucus ( sorry) The smell is very plant like.

The Curls Gelee smells like a light soapish smell to it. Looks like lotion in the bottle as well.

I also received a sample of the kinky coils pudding, which I purchased in the past as well. That seems to smell better( like peaches)and doesnt look at thick as my older jar did.
    Let me know if you like. My last jar of pudding had the consistency of well pudding and smelled like apple juice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file