Anybody Here Got Fine Yet Thick 3A Hair?

whirlyhairwhirlyhair Posts: 194Registered Users
Okay, I made a couple of threads (Sorry 'bout that!) about hair texture. I thought I had medium textured hair... Yet, I recently just discovered after some extensive research that I actually have fine textured hair, I just have a lot of it. (F texture, iii hair basically.)

Anyway, I'm super confident I have 3A hair, lol! :blah5:I was wondering if any other people have fine-textured yet thick 3A hair: What shampoos, conditioners, treatments, and styling products do you use? Can anyone give me a "hair prescription" where you can suggest some products for my type of hair, please? Thank you!
CG since 3/11/2012

Engaged. :love5: Wedding date: 02/26/2016

Type 2C (Botticelli according to Curly Girl: The Handbook)
iii Density
Medium-Coarse Texture
Normal Porosity
Normal Elasticity
HATES: Traditional sulfates/cones.
LOVES: Lots of moisture and homemade FSG! :love10:
(Many thanks to http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/ for helping me figure out my texture, porosity, and elasticity properties! Check them out sometime!)

Comments

• RacerWife7RacerWife7 Posts: 895Registered Users Curl Novice
    Ooh! Ooh! ME! ME! Yep - fine, THICK hair. But, I have low porosity and low elasticity. Working on the elasticity with protein treatments.

I'm not sure if you'd use the same products I do if you have high porosity and normal elasticity, though. ?.. I've only been CG since October. ;)

What I use also changes based on dew points. My hair is affected by them and where I live it can change drastically. Right now, the dews are low - most of the time below 10. So, I can't use any curl creme. I either wash with CJDF or GTTTT or co-wash with Suave Tropcial Coconut. (All 3 of those products have protein in them to help with my elasticity.) And then I condition with either Deva One-C or one of my CJ conditioners - CJBSC is one of my favorites. And I do use a little leave-in - either whatever condish I use, CJBLI, or KCKT... but, just a little. And then I use gels - SS CEJ and BRHG are my favorites right now. But, I like CJAFL a lot, too. Sometimes CJCQ works for me. Sometimes it doesn't. But, I keep it in my rotation anyway - hoping I find the right combo for it. LOL!

...Anyway... that's my whole repertoire at the moment. ;) HTH!
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • whirlyhairwhirlyhair Posts: 194Registered Users
    RacerWife7 wrote: »
    Ooh! Ooh! ME! ME! Yep - fine, THICK hair. But, I have low porosity and low elasticity. Working on the elasticity with protein treatments.

I'm not sure if you'd use the same products I do if you have high porosity and normal elasticity, though. ?.. I've only been CG since October. ;)

What I use also changes based on dew points. My hair is affected by them and where I live it can change drastically. Right now, the dews are low - most of the time below 10. So, I can't use any curl creme. I either wash with CJDF or GTTTT or co-wash with Suave Tropcial Coconut. (All 33 of those products have protein in them to help with my elasticity.) And then I condition with either Deva One-C or one of my CJ conditioners - CJBSC is one of my favorites. And I do use a little leave-in - either whatever condish I use, CJBLI, or KCKT... but, just a little. And then I use gels - SS CEJ and BRHG are my favorites right now. But, I like CJAFL a lot, too. Sometimes CJCQ works for me. Sometimes it doesn't. But, I keep it in my rotation anyway - hoping I find the right combo for it. LOL!

...Anyway... that's my whole repertoire at the moment. ;) HTH!

Thank you so much! :blob4: I'll have to find out more about this "dew point" business, it does sound like it's very important.

My hair USED to be normal porosity but suddenly it just changed, I guess because of the harsh weather were having right now. Ugh. :sad5: I'm gonna work on it with some Roux treatments, though! Good luck on your elasticity issue!
    CG since 3/11/2012

Engaged. :love5: Wedding date: 02/26/2016

Type 2C (Botticelli according to Curly Girl: The Handbook)
    iii Density
    Medium-Coarse Texture
    Normal Porosity
    Normal Elasticity
    HATES: Traditional sulfates/cones.
    LOVES: Lots of moisture and homemade FSG! :love10:
    (Many thanks to http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/ for helping me figure out my texture, porosity, and elasticity properties! Check them out sometime!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file