CCCC and CCC Lite—working for protein sensitive types?+++

Hello,

My hair HATES protein. But I have been trying to use CCC Lite because my hair dries faster with it than it does with gel (a plus in the winter), and because I figure cream=moisture (perhaps that is erroneous)

Anyway, I worry. Is my hair drying fast because of the protein in it? (Protein makes my hair hard). My hair seems to feel fine when I have the product in, but it is the washing it out that worries me. I'm worried that the product will liquefy and it'll be as if I have a protein conditioner on my hair. I'm trying to compare how it feels when I wash compared to KCCC (my go to hair styling product).

Any extremely protein sensitive types happy with CCCC or CCC Lite? If so, one more than the other? Or do you just stay away totally? I do use Daily Fix, which has a small amount of protein, with no problems.

Right now I want to grow my hair as long as possible, so right now don't want to take any chances.
Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

Officially Transitioning since March 2011.
Last Relaxer September 2010

Got some kind of curly bangs going here! And I think my bangs are all natural!

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:

Comments

• FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Posts: 839Registered Users
    Hello,

My hair HATES protein. But I have been trying to use CCC Lite because my hair dries faster with it than it does with gel (a plus in the winter), and because I figure cream=moisture (perhaps that is erroneous)

Anyway, I worry. Is my hair drying fast because of the protein in it? (Protein makes my hair hard). My hair seems to feel fine when I have the product in, but it is the washing it out that worries me. I'm worried that the product will liquefy and it'll be as if I have a protein conditioner on my hair. I'm trying to compare how it feels when I wash compared to KCCC (my go to hair styling product).

Any extremely protein sensitive types happy with CCCC or CCC Lite? If so, one more than the other? Or do you just stay away totally? I do use Daily Fix, which has a small amount of protein, with no problems.

Right now I want to grow my hair as long as possible, so right now don't want to take any chances.

I react very differently to different types of proteins. For example, I can only use soy or keratin proteins every once in a while and I have to use wheat protein sparingly, too. However, for some reason I can use silk protein (which is in CCCC-Lite) pretty regularly without much trouble. I've noticed too that CCCC-Lite makes my hair dry faster, but my hair still ends up feeling great - very moisturized, touchable and shiny. I'm not sure if the silk protein or the glycerin causes the hair to dry faster.

I haven't tried regular CCCC so I can't compare. I just started using CCCC-Lite and I think I'm more likely to develop problems with the glycerin in it than with silk protein.

Ultimately, if your hair is feeling fine and the product is washing out fine every time then I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you're worried about protein build-up then rotate the product with something else during the week.
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file