Red Lowlights

kimcurlskimcurls Registered Users Posts: 7
I've always thought dark red lowlights look really pretty...with straight hair!
I've never seen it on someone with curly hair and I was wondering what you guys think?!
i have think brown hair (obviously curly!) i wonder how it would look! i think i wouldbe scared to try :/

Comments

• KeLynnKeLynn Registered Users Posts: 182
    I think it would look awesome! I love highlights and lowlights on curly hair. I think it looks so pretty with the different colors swirling around and I think it emphasizes the curls.
    2b (with some straight under-layer, grrrrr)
    Normal porosity, low elasticity, medium texture

(according to CurlGenie - HUGE surprise, I always thought I had fine hair and my stylists always agreed)

Tried CG for a summer, but it wasn't for me. I don't load up on sulfates and silicones, but I have no shame in using them when I want/need to! Currently loving LOOB.
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    I've had darker red lowlights in my light red wavy hair. It looked nice, I felt. I would do it again, especially if I had darker hair, like yours. Just make sure they're bright enough to be seen, and not too stripey.
  • jenny curljenny curl Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Henna gives great red low lights to those with dark curly hair. My hair is medium to dark brown and 3b/c curls, and I love the way henna looks in it. You can't notice it until you're out in the sun or under direct light. The best part is that the more you henna, the darker the color gets.
    3b/c :: Fine :: Porous

I:love5: My Hair
  • redhedgrlTredhedgrlT Registered Users Posts: 178
    As I am getting older my brick red hair is slowly dissolving away to a medium strawberry blonde :( I have done the red lowlights in the summertime when my hair gets way too light. I love them. Would totally do them again.
    Just make sure they pick the right color. The last time she went too dark and some of the red was kinda purple-ish.
    Texture: Medium
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

I guess i am just average go figure.
  • A.RoseA.Rose Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm actually about to go get lowlights done on Saturday. I have thick 3b hair, I currently dye it strawberry blond(naturally light blond....but it's been many many years and many many different colors). I'm having the lowlights done at a beauty school in town, I can't bring myself to pay $90-$150 (or more) to have a professional do it. I wanted to add some depth to my hair. Dying it over and over the same color(well, really touching up the roots and pulling some dye through every other time), it's gotten pretty one-dimensional. I'll see if I can post some pics after Saturday.
    :cyclopsani:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file