We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Activate / Mop Top / conditioners in general

Hi,
I need a replacement for One C - preferrably one I can buy in a store, not just online. Will the Activate or Mop Top conditioners work as well or better than One C? I use One C as my leave-in. Also, I will take any other One C replacement suggestions!

Thanks so much...

Comments

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Activate is a really nice conditioner. It's thick and rich and my hair loves it. I haven't tried mop top sorry.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I could be mistaken, but I think Mop Top is also only available online.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • LauraSLauraS Posts: 20Registered Users
    Do you have ULta near you? Mine carries DevaCurl products.
    2c now!. Started CG 12/11/06.Liking Devacurl and Suave these days.
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    SuZen wrote:

I bought the Activate this morning in Walgreens. Is Elucence sold in salons locally? I want to try that, but really want to avoid having to buy online.
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    curlsofny wrote:
    SuZen wrote:

I bought the Activate this morning in Walgreens. Is Elucence sold in salons locally? I want to try that, but really want to avoid having to buy online.

Elucence is sold at salons but not many, as far as I can tell. Their website has a salon locator which tells me there are no salons within 100 miles of my zip code (which would include NYC). But I'm not positive the salon locator works right...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elucence.com%2Flocator.html" class="Popup

That's great that you found Activate in your Walgreen's. I hope it works for you. The Activate shampoo is very good too, and so is their protein deep treatment.
    SuZen wrote:
    curlsofny wrote:
    SuZen wrote:

Elucence is sold at salons but not many, as far as I can tell. Their website has a salon locator which tells me there are no salons within 100 miles of my zip code (which would include NYC). But I'm not positive the salon locator works right...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elucence.com%2Flocator.html" class="Popup

That's great that you found Activate in your Walgreen's. I hope it works for you. The Activate shampoo is very good too, and so is their protein deep treatment.

I did a store locator for the Elucence & none near me either - I am about 40 miles east of NYC. Too bad, I guess it's online if I want to try it. I did a search for the Activate & the Walgreens not too far from my chiropractor had it (I had an appt this morning anyway!). Not too bad, a 10 minute drive. The closer Walgreens does not have it. The one I went to today did not have the soft curl cream, just the shampoo, conditioner & straightening cream. I just bought the conditioner - not sure if that shampoo would still keep me as a CG :) Also, I bought the GF curl cream - we'll see how I do w/ that cone. Hopefully no-poo will take it out.
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I was not impressed with the Soft Curls styler, I don't think you are missing much. Haven't tried the Straightening Cream, but from the ingredients it looks promising.
  • The ScientistThe Scientist Posts: 239Registered Users
    I absolutely love the conditioner. I also have the deep treatment, which saved my hair from strawlike dryness after I'd hennaed my hair with too much lemon juice. So I recommend both of those products. Let us know what you think about the conditioner.
    2c/3a modified CG
    HG product: AG Recoil... Searching for others...
    HG method: pixiecurl method of drying. I'll never go back!
    I absolutely love the conditioner. I also have the deep treatment, which saved my hair from strawlike dryness after I'd hennaed my hair with too much lemon juice. So I recommend both of those products. Let us know what you think about the conditioner.

I liked it on Day 1. We'll see if it stays consistent. I want to try Elucence next!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file