Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restucturizer

UnrulyLionUnrulyLion Posts: 61Registered Users
I just got some from Sally's because I've heard good things about it, but I really don't know how to go about using it. How do you guys use it? How often should I use it?

TIA :icon_smile:
http://members.fotki.com/UnrulyLion/about/ *I update this about every 2 seconds :shock:*

Type: 3c
Texture: Fine
Density: Medium
Porosity: Low (my hair dries, literally, in minutes)

I love shea butter and shea butter loves me :sunny:

event.png

event.png

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Fave.. definitely. It's good to use on cowashed, wet hair as a leave in (at least for me) with just a little shea butter on the ends of your hair. I air dry 99.9% of the time, so if you diffuse you may need more product.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • UnrulyLionUnrulyLion Posts: 61Registered Users
    So it wont do anything funky to my hair? I read the blurb on the bottle (after i bought it- sigh, I'm mad reckless) and it said it was good after chemical services, so i got confused/scared about what it'd do to my hair.

I guess I'll have to give it a try and see what happens! dun dun dunnnn.

Thanks for the info Bekka!

:hello2:
    http://members.fotki.com/UnrulyLion/about/ *I update this about every 2 seconds :shock:*

Type: 3c
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium
    Porosity: Low (my hair dries, literally, in minutes)

I love shea butter and shea butter loves me :sunny:

event.png

event.png
  • mathispaynemathispayne Posts: 21Registered Users
    I use it when I use heat appliances (blow dryer, maxiglide, etc). It works as a light "keratin" treatment, but it's temporary and doesn't have any serious ingredients like found in the BKT or anything. It's the most effective with heat and it helps maintain the strength in the hair between strong protein treatments.

It's like a strong leave-in conditioner or tonic. Helps greatly with porosity. For me, it replaced needing a deep conditioner. But now my hair is healthy, so I put that at the back of the shelf.
    Hair Type
    A Bit of 3b
    |&|Mostly 3c

Regimen:
    Wash and twist hair with oil & Twist hair for bed
    No combs or brushes & No "products"
  • Lotsa_TanglesLotsa_Tangles Posts: 128Registered Users
    A fav of mine as well. I mist my hair with it a few times per week as apart of my "night time routine".
    The blog of a non-blogger: www.naturallytia.com
  • CaramelBlondieCaramelBlondie Posts: 6Registered Users
    I use it after washing and conditioning my hair with Aphogee products. While hair is damp, spray liberally, comb through, and style. I especially find it exceptional when straightening my hair. Detangles easily, and adds a nice sheen to my hair.
    Okay, so I'm not blonde anymore - but I am still Caramel!:study:
  • CurlyCowgirlyCurlyCowgirly Posts: 299Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wonder how the green tea and keratin restructurizer compares with the ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor? I mean, I know one is a deep conditioner and the other is a spray, but they both contain keratin and proteins. So are their purposes the same besides being able to use the Green tea restructurizer to help with flat ironing?
    Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
    AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
    CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
    Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
    Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
    Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wonder how the green tea and keratin restructurizer compares with the ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor? I mean, I know one is a deep conditioner and the other is a spray, but they both contain keratin and proteins. So are their purposes the same besides being able to use the Green tea restructurizer to help with flat ironing?

I don't think this is a heat protector at all. It's just a protein restructurizing spray. I doubt you would have any heat protection by using this to flat iron with.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    Hey I just bought this, the old formula without all the silicones.. good to know how to use it yet. I was thinking about spraying it on damp hair over my leave in (since I apply it in the shower then towel dry)
    Sucks if I like it though cause I probably wont be able to find it again !
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • CurlyCowgirlyCurlyCowgirly Posts: 299Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

I don't think this is a heat protector at all. It's just a protein restructurizing spray. I doubt you would have any heat protection by using this to flat iron with.

Hmm, I did hear somewhere (can't remember if it was Curltalk, Sally's Beauty website user reviews or the Folica's user reviews for this product, that people were using it in conjunction with a flat iron to get straighter hair--but it was working for them. You are right about it not offering any heat protection though. I checked the ingredients and it contains no silicones. I'm still tempted to give this product a try! :) It has many good reviews.
    Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
    AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
    CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
    Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
    Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
    Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file