Is my daughter 3c??

KaisercurlsKaisercurls Posts: 100Registered Users
I am thinking she is 3c. She has very tight curls in the front as small as a pencil, some even smaller this goes throughout her crown. The rest is a bit looser. I have been cutting her hair for 4 years now, curly girl style. Lock by lock. I took her fall pictures. Bet you can't guess her age!

Another question I have is she has been using the 2.99 LA looks gel and won't use anything else. I think its ruining her hair. She likes the way it does not make her hair frizzy. What other drugstore brand do you all suggest? I think LA has too much alcohol in it. Its so crunchy. I hate it but it does keep her hair "tame'

72426_1628208673570_1487184520_1528900_3745961_n.jpg
I am a 2c w/spirals underneath! 35 years old with 85% white hair. I am currently using DevaOne everyday with No Poo. I am using Smooth N Shine Gel Conditioner Extra-Hold on my course hair and it works awesome for 3 bucks. I found putting Color Magic into my hair color really covers the gray well. :blob7:

Comments

• curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Pencil-size spirals sounds like 3c, and the top of her hair looks like 3c to me from the pic. The looser part at the bottom might be 3b or maybe even 3a depending on how loose they are (kinda hard to judge from pic). Seems like she can't be classified as just one! :happy7:
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    her hair looks great. she looks 3c to me.

depending on what your price range is some good gels i've tried that would give her a similar look are regular aloe vera gel, fantasia ic gel with sparkelites, kinky curly curling custard, and ouidad climate control gel.
  • dc05dc05 Posts: 275Registered Users
    Shes probably a 3b/3c mix :)

Very pretty either way. :happy2:
    :blob8:24 Months Post Relaxer :blob8:

*Length : BSB (Below Shoulder Blade)/ Brastrap Length
    *Long term goal: TB length (stretched of course)
    *Short tern goal: Mid-back length (stretched -- by June 2011) / Shoulder length (FULL) curly:glasses2:
  • AfroPRChicaAfroPRChica Posts: 200Registered Users
    I am thinking she is 3c. She has very tight curls in the front as small as a pencil, some even smaller this goes throughout her crown. The rest is a bit looser. I have been cutting her hair for 4 years now, curly girl style. Lock by lock. I took her fall pictures. Bet you can't guess her age!

Another question I have is she has been using the 2.99 LA looks gel and won't use anything else. I think its ruining her hair. She likes the way it does not make her hair frizzy. What other drugstore brand do you all suggest? I think LA has too much alcohol in it. Its so crunchy. I hate it but it does keep her hair "tame'

72426_1628208673570_1487184520_1528900_3745961_n.jpg

I would say she is 3B with a little 3C mixed in. As for the gel, I really really like LaBella Lot's of Curls gel. But right now I'm using Ecostlyer Olive Oil Gel, which tames my hair way better! But Idk if ecostyler works on her hair type, but I think I have read some girls who are 3B/C who have used it so you can give those a try.
    -Mostly 3C with some 4A.
    -Currently APL.
    -Shorterm Goal: BSL by end of the year.
    -Longterm Goal: WL in 2 years.
    -Medium/coarse hair, Low Porosity, Low-Elasticity, Medium Density.

Rotation:

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Cond. (any)
    Rinse Out: Tresemee Naturals Moisture
    DC: GVP Cond. Balm, SM DC, & EVOO
    Leave in: SM Conditioning Milk
    Sealant: EVOO Or Whipped Shea
    Gel: SM Curl Souffle

Afro-Latinas...visit my blog!:

http://afrolatinaisbeautiful.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji