Darcy's new Curling Cream Gel

curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
Anyone else get a free bottle of this during the Black Friday sale?

I used it for the first time today. I did get some decent curl enhancement and no crunch, but lots of frizz, too. It has honey in it, so I guess it's not the best for a day with 93% humidity and freezing rain. I think I'll shelve it until we have a day with lower humidity and dews.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

Kerri
2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010

Comments

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm in Kansas City with it threatening to snow so I had better hold and shine than the first time I tried it. The first time I used it I had some frizz but I attributed that to using a leave-in w/ my usual oils and sealing. I didn't use a leave-in this time.

I really like this but I think this may be too soft a hold for summer. She wants feedback so I plan to tell her my results.

Did you use a leave-in?
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    I used just a very small amount of the Ion Effective Care as a leave-in.

The hold isn't too bad, but not as good as my BRHG or Alba Strong Hold Gel, of course. I used it late this afternoon shortly before going out to dinner. The curl is holding up well, but it's still very frizzy. I may try it again later in the week when the dew point is supposed to -1 here in Chicago! I'll definitely try it some more. It seems to have good potential.

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is anyone else using this? I noticed that Smasters just posted a pic on her blog with the DB curling cream gel in her hair--and nothing else--and her hair looks fabulous.
    Weblink to the blog & picture: How's My Hair?
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file