how do you deal with teenage oily scalp?

SouthernCurlGurlSouthernCurlGurl Registered Users Posts: 4
Hi do y'all deal with teenage oily scalp? Do you still use sulfate shampoo or is there a CG-approved shampoo you use?

This is my first month CG but I find that my Jessicurl cleansing cream just isn't enough. I at least need something for once a week. (I'm a 3a, so I wash 3 times a week).
Type: 2b/3a/3b mix- mostly 3a
Went CG: December 2010

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    For me, the whole reason my hair was oily was because it was super dry. I know, it sounds backwards. But it was completely true. I was drying my hair out so badly, that it went into overdrive and produced extra oil to try to compensate for all the stripping sulfates I was using. I would say that adding moisture to my hair helped the oiliness a lot. So, now I can officially say I have dry hair like most other curlies. All that hydration brought my hair back to a somewhat normal state, and I think the CG method is helping a lot.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • wmvbugwmvbug Registered Users Posts: 43
    try burts bees shampoo
    3b hair

Started CG July 29th 2009!

:D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file