How to get my curl back =(

curlygirl8curlygirl8 Registered Users Posts: 26
hi about 6 months ago i dyed my hair blonde with peroxide 20 devolper it got very dry and i cut as much as i could off but now i straighten it cuz its too short to look good curly but now it wont even curl any more

what can i do to get my curl back???

ohh and i re dyed my hair back to brown ... but it feels like gum

what do i do and will it ever come back? =(

thanks.... i use to be 2b/2c hair

my daily routine is i use thermafuse shampoo and conditioner but i dont wash my hair everyday only three times a week i blow dry straight i know that needs to stop ... i use a leave in too and protein treatments and cg has never work for me so i stop using it quote.gif

Comments

• AsLckyGrlAsLckyGrl Registered Users Posts: 188 Curl Neophyte
    Are you using a heat protectant?

Also, right now, DO NOT straighten anymore!! Thats the quickest way back to healthy hair. Also, if you do not like wearing it down naturally, try using pins or clips or something to style it in a way you do like it. If you are looking for styles, many members with short hair would be glad to help.

Are you using the CG method of no-shampoo? Also, are you conditioning everyday you wash, using a leave-in, etc etc?

Tell us your daily routine.:lurk:
    3B ; BSL; Low Porosity; Med Texture; CG since July '10.
    Clean: Ever Sleek
    Treat: EVCO, Neutrogena 3xMoisture
    Tools: Boar Brush, wide tooth comb
    Styler: Garnier Sleek&Shine
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    Sounds like you've suffered some intense damage (heat and chemical) to your hair. Protein treatments help, but only so much, same goes for conditioning. Eventually you may just have to start over and that means cutting. It sucks, but I know from experience, that heat damage happens to the best of us.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • curlygirl8curlygirl8 Registered Users Posts: 26
    cutting does nothing i just cut two inches it didnt do squat but thanks for trying =) now im just going to stop blowing and stop cutting it im just going to let it grow
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    You'd probably see a difference if you cut it all off.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file