CurlTalk

Are Some Americans Really This Stupid or is this a Fake Video

sarasarasarasara Posts: 1,561Registered Users
YouTube - Why we believe Americans are stupid.

I'm not sure how someone thinks there are 3 World Wars and no sides to a triangle, that's why I'm thinking it could be fake. I'm ignoring the fact that all of them are ready to invade a country...Bush won the elections twice in a row so I'm not really surprised about their reactions to war.

This is not the first time I see those type of videos so I'm wondering how many of them could be fake...
«134567

Comments

  • AG.AG. Posts: 1,519Registered Users
    It's fake.
    Northern Colombia.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    nm
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    I would also like to point out that even if the video HAD been real, there are idiots in EVERY country and it makes no sense to target Americans as the "stupid ones".
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

    www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    nm, I edited my post, but then mrs p quoted the old one below.

    I give up!
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What, you mean triangles have sides and the US didn't really win the Vietnam War? That's what I learned in school.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Why is it 100% fake? Did someone own up to it?

    The reason I ask is because I know stupid people IRL who wouldn't be able to answer those questions and would be similarly duped. There is no shortage of stupid people everywhere, in the U.S. and across the globe. If you ask enough people enough questions, you'll get an idiot or ten in there.

    Of course it doesn't mean all [fill in the blank]s are stupid. If you believe that based on such scant evidence, then you might be one of the dumb ones.
    Jay Leno has those stupid people on his show every week. I agree there are people who are idiots. But to say this is why we think Americans are stupid? That's like saying I knew a Mexican once that was lazy so they all are.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Why is it 100% fake? Did someone own up to it?

    The reason I ask is because I know stupid people IRL who wouldn't be able to answer those questions and would be similarly duped. There is no shortage of stupid people everywhere, in the U.S. and across the globe. If you ask enough people enough questions, you'll get an idiot or ten in there.

    Of course it doesn't mean all [fill in the blank]s are stupid. If you believe that based on such scant evidence, then you might be one of the dumb ones.
    Jay Leno has those stupid people on his show every week. I agree there are people who are idiots. But to say this is why we think Americans are stupid? That's like saying I knew a Mexican once that was lazy so they all are.

    I was thinking the same thing about Leno. It doesn't seem fake to me, but like everyone else said there are stupid people everywhere and I don't see how this proves we are dumber than anyone else.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I don't know about that video.

    But, I do think that plenty of Americans really are that stupid.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users
    I don't know about that video.

    But, I do think that plenty of Americans really are that stupid.

    So do I, but what bugs me about the OP is that it seems to imply that we are the only country with people that stupid or that we are more stupid in general than people in other countries.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    sdc wrote: »
    I don't know about that video.

    But, I do think that plenty of Americans really are that stupid.

    So do I, but what bugs me about the OP is that it seems to imply that we are the only country with people that stupid or that we are more stupid in general than people in other countries.

    Actually, I don't think that is too far from the truth either.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    I think the OP has been posting some pretty hostile stuff lately, and should reconsider the next time she thinks of doing so.

    Again, don't ask for our support for your own personal challenges and then post thoughtlessly. From what I've read, you're a pretty fortunate person, sarasara, with some views we don't all share. Try to consider in advance how your words may strike some of the very people you "share" with.

    Angrily,
    Ninja
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    nm
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    sdc wrote: »
    I don't know about that video.

    But, I do think that plenty of Americans really are that stupid.

    So do I, but what bugs me about the OP is that it seems to imply that we are the only country with people that stupid or that we are more stupid in general than people in other countries.

    Actually, I don't think that is too far from the truth either.


    me too...
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    sdc wrote: »
    it seems to imply that ... we are more stupid in general than people in other countries.
    Actually, I don't think that is too far from the truth either.
    I think it depends on what definition of "stupid" you use. In terms of intelligence, we probably fair quite well because malnutrition is so rampant in many other countries. In terms of general knowledge, there are a lot of countries with better school systems and news media. In terms of racism and xenophobia and stuff like that, well, that's a problem common to all countries.

    As significant as xenophobia is in the US, I get the feeling that it's less toxic here than in other Western countries. The general idea of what it means to be American is a lot broader than what it means to belong to a country that's traditionally more ethnically and culturally uniform. Of course, my impression could certainly be wrong.

    Anyway, I think that anti-intellectualism is probably the US's most characteristic form of stupidity.
    I agree with you. I also agree with Ninja.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I don't know about that video.

    But, I do think that plenty of Americans really are that stupid.

    Same here. The op did say 'some' americans, not all, and yes many are that stupid.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    nm
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    I would also like to point out that even if the video HAD been real, there are idiots in EVERY country and it makes no sense to target Americans as the "stupid ones".


    Honestly! I get so tired of being targeted by residents of other countries as somehow needing to be accountable to them for everything our country does......I don't deny there are flawed policies, heinous actions, and atrocities, but honestly, where is it better? Where are the people truly, fundamentally better? Where is there no corruption, no dishonesty, no poverty, and equality all around? And if we're all so dumb, why do people continue to risk their lives every damned day to get here?

    And since I'm ranting now, I would also like to add that the recent immigrants who made the news for donating blood made me happy as hell to have them here.
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    I would also like to point out that even if the video HAD been real, there are idiots in EVERY country and it makes no sense to target Americans as the "stupid ones".

    Honestly! I get so tired of being targeted by residents of other countries as somehow needing to be accountable to them for everything our country does......I don't deny there are flawed policies, heinous actions, and atrocities, but honestly, where is it better? Where are the people truly, fundamentally better? Where is there no corruption, no dishonesty, no poverty, and equality all around? And if we're all so dumb, why do people continue to risk their lives every damned day to get here?

    And since I'm ranting now, I would also like to add that the recent immigrants who made the news for donating blood made me happy as hell to have them here.


    POST OF THE F******G YEAR!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Josephine wrote: »
    I don't know about that video.

    But, I do think that plenty of Americans really are that stupid.

    Same here. The op did say 'some' americans, not all, and yes many are that stupid.

    True. The original post wasn't inflammatory.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Josephine wrote: »
    I don't know about that video.

    But, I do think that plenty of Americans really are that stupid.

    Same here. The op did say 'some' americans, not all, and yes many are that stupid.
    Now we're up to "many"?

    I think there are people who have idiotic ideas. There are also many people who are dumb about certain things. (I couldn't figure out college chem for anything.) But to paint a broad brush that "many" Americans are stupid is simply ridiculous.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    nm
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    Josephine wrote: »
    I don't know about that video.

    But, I do think that plenty of Americans really are that stupid.

    Same here. The op did say 'some' americans, not all, and yes many are that stupid.
    Now we're up to "many"?

    I think there are people who have idiotic ideas. There are also many people who are dumb about certain things. (I couldn't figure out college chem for anything.) But to paint a broad brush that "many" Americans are stupid is simply ridiculous.

    Maybe not in your world. Many does not equal most. You're fortunate you're not around many 'stupid' people.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    BTW, it's still pretty infuriating when people assume that every single last American is exactly as bad as the worst American. I think people forget that there are 300 million Americans. Even if some study finds that 57% of Americans hold a certain opinion, there are millions upon millions of Americans who don't!

    I agree. Not everyone is the same!
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    nm
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    rcc, I know that we can disagree amicably, so I'll just say that we do. And I know that you work with the public, which is very challenging indeed, and probably hear all manner of moronic comments.

    I respect your service to our country, and your opinion, even though I don't share it.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that people are fundamentally better in one place than in another. But there are definitely countries with lower poverty and crime rates than what the US has, and that seem to have less sexism and homophobia as well (although they may make up for it in xenophobia). And people risk their lives every day to get to Canada and Sweden and China and so on. Illegal immigration is usually more about perceived job opportunities than it is about rights, I'm pretty sure. People follow the money to wealthier countries.

    I see your point, E. I don't wholly agree, but I understand your reasoning.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Honestly! I get so tired of being targeted by residents of other countries as somehow needing to be accountable to them for everything our country does......I don't deny there are flawed policies, heinous actions, and atrocities, but honestly, where is it better? Where are the people truly, fundamentally better? Where is there no corruption, no dishonesty, no poverty, and equality all around? And if we're all so dumb, why do people continue to risk their lives every damned day to get here?

    I agree.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Josephine wrote: »
    Many does not equal most.
    I've found that the definition of "many" is something that varies among people.

    There are, as I've mentioned, a lot of Americans. So I personally think it's fair and accurate to say that many Americans are stupid. But to a lot of people, "many" does more or less mean "most."

    LOL, thanks for breaking it down! I did not know people thought many = most.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Josephine wrote: »
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    Josephine wrote: »

    Same here. The op did say 'some' americans, not all, and yes many are that stupid.
    Now we're up to "many"?

    I think there are people who have idiotic ideas. There are also many people who are dumb about certain things. (I couldn't figure out college chem for anything.) But to paint a broad brush that "many" Americans are stupid is simply ridiculous.

    Maybe not in your world. Many does not equal most. You're fortunate you're not around many 'stupid' people.
    No, I would say I am fortunate that I learned at a young age to accept people for what they are and not call them "stupid" when there could be other issues going on. Poverty, homelessness, language barriers and cultural differences all contribute to what elitists call stupidity. Yes, elitists.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Josephine wrote: »
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Josephine wrote: »
    Many does not equal most.
    I've found that the definition of "many" is something that varies among people.

    There are, as I've mentioned, a lot of Americans. So I personally think it's fair and accurate to say that many Americans are stupid. But to a lot of people, "many" does more or less mean "most."

    LOL, thanks for breaking it down! I did not know people thought many = most.
    Most and many are synonyms. Most is also used in the definition for many.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
«134567