Kenra Curl Glaze Mousse Review

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I purchased this from Beauty Mart. I was very intrigued by the ads on this site earlier in the fall. I like mousse because I need volume and mousse will typically give me that. If you are not looking for volume this would not be the product for you.

Today I low poo'd and used CJ beauticurls leave in (new formula) in the shower. I then used some Mop C curl cream on very wet hair and then scrunched out some moisture with flour sack towel. I used probably a golf ball sized amount of mousse and emulisifed in my hand like the directions indicated. It turned into a gel like substance. I scrunched/raked through hair up side down and then some upright. I then used the towel again to get a bit more water out and to scrunch in some curl. I was going to put some CJ curl queen gel over but decided not to - it felt like it had some hold.

I diffused 50% dry and then let it air dry the rest of the way. I like it! I have great volume but still have defined curl (sometimes I lose definition when I achieve volume). I have nice root lift too.

Overall I am pleased as it's a nice change to have volume yet retain some curl definition. The ingredients are pretty decent (I am too lazy to type them out) but it does have the peg d-cone. It also has some oat proteins in it.

Here is a link that gives some usage tips:

http://www.kenra.com/PDF/Curl%20Glaze%20Mousse.pdf
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• MissCurlGirlMissCurlGirl Posts: 141Registered Users
    I've been wanting to try this product. So glad its working for you.

I need some volume so I will probably pick this up next time I'm at Ulta.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/JewelryCreations
    Hair Type: 3A/3B, Texture Fine, Thin, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity
    Shampoo: DevaCurl NoPoo, CJ DF
    Conditioner: DevaCurl OneC, CJ CF, CJ BSC, CJAO
    Leave-In: CJ BCLI, CJ Hubiscus & Banana Honey Butta
    Styling: CIAB, AG:recoil, CJ CCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG, DevaCurl AnGel, BRHG, CJ CQG, Komaza Coconut products, Curls products
    Finishing: CHS Tweek, SS Emollience
    DT & PT: DevaCurl Heaven in Hair, SS DD, CJ RM!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I've been wondering about using a mousse too. Did you find this had enough hold? Did it last more than a day?

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The hold was good without any gel over it. It held up well all day. I never do or try for 2nd day hair...I am a daily shampoo'er so I cannot answer that question for you plunkybug. Sorry.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file