Can someone help me?

Ian93Ian93 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello, I just joined this site because I was planning on getting a haircut soon and I was wondering what would be best.

Over the past year, I let my hair grow out. I had always kept it really short (military cut), so when I let it grow I found out I had curls (I think 3b). I have enjoyed having the curl, but it gets so annoying having to fix it every morning (it frizzes and tangles really bad). My hair is pretty dry no matter what I do, and I'm kinda getting annoyed trying to fix it. I have also had a few haircuts from different people and they all weren't very good with curls. I don't have any good pics right now, but I'll try and post one in a bit.

I don't want to get rid of my curl, but I do need a new style or something to fix the frizz and dryness.

Comments

• RLeeRLee Posts: 11Registered Users
    I'm sure a resident expert will be by to help but I think they might need to know what you're working with exactly..as in see it to tell you what you might be able to do style wise. As far as how to help the frizz and such also saying what you do now might help as well..like how you dry it, what shampoo/conditioner do you use, if you use a leave in conditioner..etc.

Ahh my non expert opinion just based off of me dealing with my hair. Don't use fine toothed combs...nor dense bristly brushes. Try not to rub the towel into your hair in a crazy fashion. If your hair isn't too greasy after a day (don't know what type of hair you have) maybe wash every other day and condition everyday? If you don't use leave in conditioner, try a few brands and find something you like and apply it after a shower. Just things off the top of my head.

Good luck.
  • PRINCETONPRINCETON Posts: 872Registered Users
    Try doing weekly hot oil treatments. You can do an all natural one if you use virgin coconut oil which smells better than olive oil. Sit with it in hair overnight and conditioner it out in the morning. Put a little more coconut oil back in after hair dries to keep it looking moist and frizzless.

Princeton Brooke
    Chief Software Engineer
    http://apps.facebook.com/princetonbrooke

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file