Real Mayonaise-

rene9rene9 Posts: 21Registered Users
Hi, does anyone use real mayonaise as a protein or a deep conditioner? What are your thoughts on this?
3c(?), fine hair
TJTTT shampoo
TJ Nourish Condish
KCKT (transitioning to Giovanni Direct LI)
KCCC (transitioning to Eco Styler Olive Oil)
ORS Replenishing pk :happy7:

Nice & simple :thumbright:(Co-wash daily, apply LI & styler, Poo & DC weekly))

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've used it as a deep conditioner but only once.. it will make your hair soft but if you don't wash it out well (with cool water) you may smell like an egg sandwich.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • rene9rene9 Posts: 21Registered Users
    Ok thanks! I won't do it. I'll stick with the cholesterol instead. I'll research for deep conditioning products and routines.
    3c(?), fine hair
    TJTTT shampoo
    TJ Nourish Condish
    KCKT (transitioning to Giovanni Direct LI)
    KCCC (transitioning to Eco Styler Olive Oil)
    ORS Replenishing pk :happy7:

Nice & simple :thumbright:(Co-wash daily, apply LI & styler, Poo & DC weekly))
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love mayo as a protein dc. I added another egg and more olive oil to mine and it made my curls pop.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    adthomas wrote: »
    I love mayo as a protein dc. I added another egg and more olive oil to mine and it made my curls pop.

My cousin does this one and it is amazing how quickly it stops her shedding.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a/4b, fine, normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Ajnamhuja/
  • renshanrenshan Posts: 7Registered Users
    I have and love it:love5:Super shiny strong hair and if you rinse well you won't smell like potato salad
    3c/b || Fine Strands || Medium Density
    Last Relaxer: September 2008
    Big Chopped: April 2010
    Current Length: 23.5 in/ past armpit straight, above shoulders curly :shock:
    :love5:: Moroccan Oil, Denman Brush
  • breathebreathe Posts: 399Registered Users
    I just made some mayonnaise for my hair tonight. It turned out nice! (The end result, not the mayonnaise.... I gave up trying to emulsify it and just slapped it on.) Just be sure to rinse with cold water unless you want breakfast in your hair.
    big chop: 03/09/2010.
    modified cg.
    medium/coarse | dense | normal porosity | 4b/3c with random sprinkles of 4a.

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    So by "real mayonnaise" do you mean you make your own mayo or do you just mean "not Miracle Whip"? :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't do it. Real mayonnaise (home made) tastes so good (I add extra mustard) that I just have to eat it.
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've used real mayonnaise, even went out to get one that didn't have chemical additives, and added an egg and olive oil. I will never do that again! Icky poo 'tinky! I really don't like having things drip down my neck, and into my eyes and ears.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file