melbourne/victorian curlies i need your help

curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Registered Users Posts: 1,180
hello lovelies...

OK, I'm struggling with my hair at the moment with all the excess moisture and humidity in the air. I pretty much had my summer routine down, but now i'm getting alot of frizz.

What are you all using at the moment?

Thanks
:D
2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.

Comments

• AmdaAmda Registered Users Posts: 251
    I'm sticking with my old favs, Joico Joiwhip and Alchemy shampoo...that said, I never particularly bother with switching out products to match the weather. They seem to be working okay, though.
    Fine and thin 2C in Australia
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Registered Users Posts: 1,180
    i'm really trying to not buy the joiwhip as much as I want too... *sigh* trying to make do with what i have atm, struggling.. even though i do have to many products!

• FeralcurlsFeralcurls Registered Users Posts: 408
    My hair is going totally mental. Very frizzy and it looks really dry but isn't.
  • jerrYjerrY Registered Users Posts: 61
    My hair is also looking really frizzy with Melbourne's humidity. Every morning I am rinsing my hair in the shower, applying conditioner of choice, NOT RINSING ANY OUT and then applying gel. I normally go for 2-3 days without rinsing but can't at the moment. I then plop only - no scrunching with microfibre towel or diffusing, and go to work/out for the day with wet hair...
    3a. iii medium porosity.
    JC, FSG, Matrix Biolage hydratherapie,
    Giovanni 5050, KCCC

All CJ products
  • FeralcurlsFeralcurls Registered Users Posts: 408
    Tried the Joiwhip today and it has done a pretty good job. I've been out in the wind and rain and the hair doesn't look too bad. Only got a bit of frizz right at the top.
    I've got very fuzzy dry feeling second day hair today (washing it later tonight before I go out) but the weather it really getting to me atm. Yesterday the air was full of water (really sticky and humid) but today is almost like a traditional victorian summer day, hot and dry. I don't know how I am meant to win with this weather? maybe i will have to relent and buy some joiwhip.. trying so hard to resist.

• StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    Our weather's been a bit all over the place too, I cannot stand humidity at all. I've been having success keeping things under control with a blob of PPS Scuplt It, followed by a small squirt of Joiwhip (sorry cwg!). I did have a long overdue haircut last week though, which I think has helped too.
    3b in South Australia.
    I had great second day hair yesterday. I CO washed, conditioned with Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender, left this in then topped it with Matrix Biolage gelee (firm hold).
    I am also long overdue for a trim. Getting it done on Tuesday as I have a function to go to that evening. I have not had a cut for 4 months! The CG method seems to allow me much greater leeway re trimming - I suppose my hair is healthier; more moisturised, less bushy, with better curl definition. Still not perfect by any means though!

Good luck cwg. Keep up the battle!
    3a. iii medium porosity.
    Giovanni 5050, KCCC

All CJ products
    I thinking I may try (yet again) to make some FSG and add some agave to it.. cheap alternative that may just work for me for now.

having a definite female moment... i have nothing to put in my hair, as i stand and stare at a cupboard full of products *sigh*

I thinking I may try (yet again) to make some FSG and add some agave to it.. cheap alternative that may just work for me for now.

having a definite female moment... i have nothing to put in my hair, as i stand and stare at a cupboard full of products *sigh*

LOL
    3a. iii medium porosity.
    Giovanni 5050, KCCC

All CJ products
    it's the story of my life jerry...

Poor cwg.

I'm sure your bathroom cupboard (and wardrobe!) will come through for you eventually. And I bet you look gorgeous anyway, frizz/curls and all.
    3a. iii medium porosity.
    Giovanni 5050, KCCC

All CJ products
    well amazingly yesterday (i was shopping in city with some girlfriends) i got multiple compliments on my waves... even though we got soaked multiple times during the day! (had some funny crunchy moments after it had dried) I'd used recoil (love this to enhance curls/waves) CJ CIAB to help keep the frizz, done a some what lazy supersoaker plopped and then scrunched in some BRHG. diffused, then air dried and SOTC with some hair rules finishing creme.
    my major hate about using so many products layered is that i can never achieve second day hair, let alone the effort and time it consumes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file