Product Advice for the Cost Conscious Newbie

QueenIkiahQueenIkiah Registered Users Posts: 5
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this curly hair game. 4 years natural and 3 months wearing it curly. I'm so excited abour rocking my curls which has led to a very full product collection... and empty pockets. I'm in need of a reliable, affordable regime. Help!

I'd like to know which you prefer as 4A/4B'ers- DevaCurl, Kinky Curly, Ms. Jessie's, Suave, etc.? I've found something special in DevaCurl Conditioner paired with Ms. Jessie's Quick curl but that's proven to be a very expensive combo. I need to find an alternative and I think Kinky Curl might be it. Do you have another cheaper suggestions.

Thanks ladies. I appreciate you help :)

Comments

• yrh11yrh11 Registered Users Posts: 142
    I have used Nature's Gate shampoo and conditioner, 365 (from Whole Foods) and Taliah Waajid products. You can try Fantasia IC gel or EcoStyler gel. Curl activator gels (like Long Aid, Sta Sof Fro, etc) are good too. Hope this helps.
    Last relaxer: Feb 07
    BC: Feb 08

Current HG -
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Black Soap Cleansing Shampoo
    Conditioner: Taliah Waajid Enhanced Herbal Conditioner
    Leave In: KeraCare Natural Textures Leave In
    Styler: Eco Styler, Uncle Funky's Daughter Extra Butter, KeraCare Twist and Define Cream, Jane Carter Wrap and Roll
  • kinkycurlyDTkinkycurlyDT Registered Users Posts: 380
    I actually prefer Shea moisture fro Target. EXCELLENT line! They have great shampoo's, conditioners and styler suitbale for our 4a/4b hair!!
    I love the shea moisture curl enhacing smoothie, the curl and style milk and the shea moisture Restorative smoothie conditioner! They smell great, are $9.99 each and they are in reasonable sizes so they dont run out quickly.
    I love VO5 moisture miliks mango conditioner, and tresemme naturals moisturizing conditioner also. For shampoo's I bought some Kinky curly come clean and it works ok, (gonna use it up because it was 12$), and i have a carrot seed shampoo bar from Afroveda thats the BOMB!:tongue10::p
  • kinkycurlyDTkinkycurlyDT Registered Users Posts: 380
    PS.:flower:
    As far as gels go, i recommend ecostyle olive oil gel(great hild), and i also use Hariveda whipped gelly!
  • FronomenalFronomenal Registered Users Posts: 712 Curl Neophyte
    I like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner ($10 each), Shea Moisture DTM ($10) and 'Yes To' Conditioners (approx $8 ).

Kiss My Face Upper Management (approx $8 ) is a wonderful gel for getting rid of fuzzies. Some say it is like KCCC--I wouldn't know because I've never tried it and I don't do curl definition.

I'm also a big fan of Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Gel, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil and Honey.

• charli11charli11 Registered Users Posts: 2
    yrh11 wrote: »
    I have used Nature's Gate shampoo and conditioner, 365 (from Whole Foods) and Taliah Waajid products. You can try Fantasia IC gel or EcoStyler gel. Curl activator gels (like Long Aid, Sta Sof Fro, etc) are good too. Hope this helps.

Can I find these products at the beauty supply store or Target:flower:
  • Al1020BlueAl1020Blue Registered Users Posts: 147
    Shea Moisture, Kinky Curly, and "Yes To's" are available (at select) Targets (try checking the website, even though I don't think they are always right...)
    If at first you don't succeed you must try, try, try again...:disgust:

Current Products:

Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo & SM African Black Soap

LI Condish: Oyin HH, SM DTM, SM Y&A Milk
    DC: SM DTM, Honey & Oil Blend
    Stylers: Oyin S&D, Oyin BSP, Oyin J&B, EcoStyler (Blue), SM C&S Milk
    Oils: Tea Tree, Grapeseed, EVOO, Vatika Oil, Sweet Almond, Avocado Oil, SM RSB Elixir

We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness - A. Schweitzer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file