this is blah

i've been cg for a long time, like over a year.
my hair right now is flat and lifeless from it. i'm using a clarifying shampoo every couple days because my scalp gets so itchy anymore. and i use a moisturizing conditioner. it has good slip but it doesn't seem to add life to my hair.
i'm very curious here now if i should go back to using cones anyway. just get a curly shampoo and conditioner.
cam anyone tell me if they dealt with a similar situation. and what they decided to do and how it went.
should i go out and buy some devacurl? should i go with cones and get some pantene curly or herbal essence curly?
this shampoo i have now and conditioner just isn't cutting it.
2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
:male::female::binky::angel13:
MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
MOPTOP
MOP-C CUrL
INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
JESSICURL
CURLJUNKIE
DEVACURL
(BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)

Comments

• MissCurlGirlMissCurlGirl Posts: 141Registered Users
    Perhaps your hair needs a protein treatment.

I've been CG for a year now and every now and then it gets flat so I do a clarifying low poo and if that doesn't help, then I'll do a protein treatment. It gives the pick me up my hair needs. Plus I make sure the other products I use have some light protein in them since I have fine hair.

I bought the new CJ Repair Me protein treatment and I love it. Its so moisturizing that I don't have to do a deep conditioning treatment after it.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/JewelryCreations
    Hair Type: 3A/3B, Texture Fine, Thin, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity
    Shampoo: DevaCurl NoPoo, CJ DF
    Conditioner: DevaCurl OneC, CJ CF, CJ BSC, CJAO
    Leave-In: CJ BCLI, CJ Hubiscus & Banana Honey Butta
    Styling: CIAB, AG:recoil, CJ CCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG, DevaCurl AnGel, BRHG, CJ CQG, Komaza Coconut products, Curls products
    Finishing: CHS Tweek, SS Emollience
    DT & PT: DevaCurl Heaven in Hair, SS DD, CJ RM!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlyinohiocurlyinohio Posts: 362Registered Users
    Since you say your scalp itches, I'm wondering if you're getting it clean. You really need to scrub when you cowash, and any time you wet it. When you rinse, scrub the part of your head that's under the running water as you rinse. Hope that helps.
    Cowash: Suave Aloe and Water Lily
    Conditioner and Leave-in: GFTN
    LA Looks Sport Gel
    Coconut oil Or Olive oil at night
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    well since i got tresemme mositurizing curls shampoo and suave naturals coconut condiitoner. i will see if these help. plus i got my two bottles of essencia conditioners that have protein in them, so i will use them too. but now to be patient and not over condition. i feel my problem was the clarifying shampoo was stripping my hair, not making it dry, i sued small amounts, but robbing it of nutrirents. sort of feels like that. it wasn't harsh, just bland. and my conditioner i know i over used for too long and my hair needs something else to help it, my hair was throwing up every time i put my conditioner on and that is putting it nicely. it was good at first, but it isn't natural and not enough good food for my hair is in my conditoner. all it was was cg, and gave good slip, but no nutrients. my hair is thirsty.
    today i put it up in a fauxhawk after work where i wear a hair net and it gets pressed down. i used gel on the sides and back and garnier surf hair putty on the top. it pulled the hair together and shaped it tousled like to the peak along the top. it was nice. but this was after i spilled my guts last night and was ready to try something new.
    didn't get a hair cut yet, but that can wait since i got some new products i need to reenergize my hair before i get it cut.
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    was just at the store and have my eye on tresemme conditioner too, and mousse, and i remember tigi curls rock products, i think they might have built up, but they smelled good and worked great.
    looking at samy curl creme, but do i need it i ask now?
    skipped garnier curl products, skipped loreal studio curl products.
    really just some products i need and some i don't.
    point blank, i'm gonna make this simple.
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    used my tresemme shampoo improved my hair twofold. so its so good to see my curls again.
    plus i was at trade secrets seen the deva products. i used set it free and mirror curls. my hair responded well.
    i was so glad to see the devacurl line right there at the store i almost walked by it.
    so can anyone tell me if there are any deals on curl mart for devacurl, or any ways to get discounts if i spend a certain amount?
    or am i just as well off to buy it at the store?
    i already know the products in the line i want.
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    my package is going to be nopoo, oneC, b'leave in, heaven in hair, set it free and mirror curls.
    i will go with the larger bottles so i will have a years supply and will only need to buy once instead of three times.
    it will be a sweet awesome day when i get my shipment, but circumstances prevent me, it's not that i don't have the money, i just can't make any purchases now.
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    darcurl wrote: »
    my package is going to be nopoo, oneC, b'leave in, heaven in hair, set it free and mirror curls.
    i will go with the larger bottles so i will have a years supply and will only need to buy once instead of three times.
    it will be a sweet awesome day when i get my shipment, but circumstances prevent me, it's not that i don't have the money, i just can't make any purchases now.

I get the DevaCare 32oz Low Poo and OneC and ArcAngel on Amazon.com. Worth checking out when you are ready to buy.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
    thanks robin-in-fl. i updated my list and found a site that gives a ten % discount, free shipping, and i signed up for email coupons maybe i can get an additional. in total now my order is 176$. which is pretty good cause i'd be getting an awesome package. i found this at good looking deal . com.
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list