Temp changes - hair is rebelling!

LogyLogy Posts: 156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I really thought I was getting my hair now. But it has become an alien that doesn't seem to be a part of me anymore. Not sure what planet it is from. The last few weeks I have been in temps anywhere from 75 degrees, moderate dews, to 30 degrees, wind,dry air. Flown from midwest US to sunny california and back. Suddenly..............my 3a very fine hair (on the top of my head) which used to love protein and was soft, is a dry, frizzy mess, tangling badly and sticking straight out. My 2b in the back is still soft but losing some volume, though the curl is still there.
My routine is to wash with Deva No-Poo, use rinse-out condish (usually Giovanni Smooth as Silk, One-Co), pea-size amount of CJCF as leave-in, then use CHSCK and AnGel.
Thought maybe I needed oil so have put a little olive oil on my hair overnight and co-washed out the next morning. Felt ok until noon then the dryness and tangly mess came back.
I've read some threads about humectants and dry hair care. Nothing hit home for me and since I flucked chemistry, it just doesn't seem to register for me.:tongue10:
Really would appreciate any advice. I spent so much money on products that my summer hair liked that I can't spend alot to see what my winter hair likes.
54, mix of 3a, 2b,c, with the occasional straight strand thrown in to keep things interesting. Low porosity. Very fine!

HG: CJCF Never lets me down.
Others I Like: DevaCurl One Co, CHSCK, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, SSDD, AnGel, DevaCurl No Poo, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish, Curls Like Us towels.

"Still crazy after all these years" Paul Simon :nemo:

Comments

• CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This may not be a popular answer, but the occasional sulfate shampooing can cure a lot of hair problems.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• LogyLogy Posts: 156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Cheetara,
    I do agree, esp. since I live in a hard water area and tend to get build-up.
    Tonight I did a DT with SSDD. My 3a's are happy. Curling like crazy and feel softer. Same reaction I got with protein in the summer. My 2's are going almost straight. I get my first Deva cut this weekend. Hoping my diverse head of hair can find some union. (I can literally carve a horizontal part ear to ear and have 2 different types of hair.) Am in desperate need of a good cut!!!
    54, mix of 3a, 2b,c, with the occasional straight strand thrown in to keep things interesting. Low porosity. Very fine!

HG: CJCF Never lets me down.
    Others I Like: DevaCurl One Co, CHSCK, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, SSDD, AnGel, DevaCurl No Poo, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish, Curls Like Us towels.

"Still crazy after all these years" Paul Simon :nemo:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file