Can't beat the frizz! Product Suggestions?

So, I’ve been doing CG for a little over a week, my hair is way curlier, less greasy, and even though I don't color my hair the color has improved! I co-wash and condition with tresemme naturals, but I just can't seem to get rid of the frizz in my hair with silicone free conditioner. I've tried plopping and the super soaker method but nothing will get rid of the frizz. Does anyone have and hair product suggestions to get rid of my halo of frizz?

Comments

• beautifulRainbeautifulRain Posts: 189Registered Users
    What styling products are you using? Gels tend to be very good at reducing/eliminating frizz.

Today I used Smooth & Shine Curl Activator Gel over Biotera Leave-In conditioner and my curls came out quite lovely and frizz-free. I should note that I live in the Mid-Atlantic and it is cool and rainy today, and I also spent my lunch break at the gym - still no frizz.

Some other gels I've used with success: LA Looks Sport, Ecostyler Krystal, Suave Clear Gel, and La Bella Lots of Curls. There are TONS out there so you might have to experiment a little bit to find the one that works best for you :)
    3a/b 'curly bob' in the mid-Atlantic. Goal: more 3b than 3a. CG Oct 2010.

Low-poo: Giovanni TTTT, Ion Swim
    Co-wash: V05 Shea Cashmere
    Rinse-out: SalonCare Apples & Pears, Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: Cure Care, Ion Moisturizing Treatment
    Stylers: Ecostyler Argan Oil, LALSG, LBLOC, Hold It! Wave Maker, LAL Beachy Waves Spray Gel. Also been using my diffuser more lately.
    PT: Ion Reconstructor
    DT: GVP Balm, Pure Elements Intense Repairing Treatment
    http://beautifulraincurls.blogspot.com/
  • brewiebebrewiebe Posts: 5Registered Users
    At the moment I'm not using any styling products...I'm thinking I might have to start though...
    does using gels make your hair crunchy?
  • beautifulRainbeautifulRain Posts: 189Registered Users
    Some more than others, but usually only if I use too much. When that happens, I just gently scrunch my hair (sometimes with a little coconut oil) and the crunch goes away.
    3a/b 'curly bob' in the mid-Atlantic. Goal: more 3b than 3a. CG Oct 2010.

Low-poo: Giovanni TTTT, Ion Swim
    Co-wash: V05 Shea Cashmere
    Rinse-out: SalonCare Apples & Pears, Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: Cure Care, Ion Moisturizing Treatment
    Stylers: Ecostyler Argan Oil, LALSG, LBLOC, Hold It! Wave Maker, LAL Beachy Waves Spray Gel. Also been using my diffuser more lately.
    PT: Ion Reconstructor
    DT: GVP Balm, Pure Elements Intense Repairing Treatment
    http://beautifulraincurls.blogspot.com/
  • brewiebebrewiebe Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thanks for the help :)
    I'm going to try using one of the gels you suggested, hopefully that will tame the frizz!
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    Definitely try the Ecostyler! I've spent the last week using Ecostyler (bought it during summer and am rotating it) and CJ Curl Queen Gel and have had the most fabulous frizz free week ever in my life. I always have frizz naturally even when my hair is in great condition, so it's something I'm always battling.

You may also want to try CJ Curls in a Bottle- it's not really a gel, but I use it to smooth over my hair after I've appplied my styling products and hair is still wet, and then throughout the day if I notice frizz- seems to be a pretty great frizz buster.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• dancerxotdancerxot Posts: 140Registered Users
    I kind of hated Ecostyler. I thought I loved it, but it totally weighed my super-fine curls down. I started using Naturelle Hypoallergenic gel from Sally's...this stuff is BOSS!! :love10: It lets my curls expand without getting TOO frizzy. With coconut oil underneath, I get super-soft defined hair with no crunch. I even went to the gym for like an hour, sweated a ton, and all I had to do was shake my hair out of the shower and it came back again. Plus, it's scent free, so if you hate awkward or obnoxious smelling products like me, it's a total win. I never thought I could go CG but this changed my mind. All i use is some baking soda to clarify and my hair is clean but moisturized.

hair type: 3c/4a, naturally super soft, and really prone to frizz.
    :blob7:

:love7:i heart naturally curly hair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file