Has anyone seen the new Keri Hilson video?

AquarianWavesAquarianWaves Registered Users Posts: 238
"The Way You Love Me"

I have been hearing things about it but I havent seen it yet. People are saying its trashy, Laurie Ann Gibson (choreographer) made her directorial debut with the video. I am looking for a link now...

Have any of you seen it?

What did u think?

Comments

• HennaRoHennaRo Registered Users Posts: 520
    I'd say it's nothing for her to be proud of. Heck my husband couldn't even watch the whole thing.

I think she summed it up pretty well. http://thebeautifulstruggler.com/2010/11/that-aint-it-keri-hilson.html
    Last relaxer: January 08

BC: December 08

First and only time going natural:wav:
    Holy Grails:love10:
    *Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar:love10:

FOTKI!

Follow me on Twitter! muffinator22
  • AquarianWavesAquarianWaves Registered Users Posts: 238
    HennaRo wrote: »
    I'd say it's nothing for her to be proud of. Heck my husband couldn't even watch the whole thing.

I think she summed it up pretty well. http://thebeautifulstruggler.com/2010/11/that-aint-it-keri-hilson.html

Oh lawd

I'm watchin it now....lets see..
    All I can do is giggle at that horrific ass video..lol

I'm not even buying that Keri likes men

The song sucked major ass, all that yelling...I can't.

Theres no denying that she's a beautiful girl...but she and Cici with those 14 yr old boy bodies...I still cannot.

Lol
  • coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    The only two good things about the video: Columbus Short (sexy man!!!!!) and seeing my girl Dawn (I love her from Danity Kane and I'm glad she's getting seen). That's it

Keri's body is bangin' (I want her abs, with my curvy shape) but.....the song...LAWD help us. I love her pretty girl rock video, especially when she reps TLC, that makes me almost cry every time I see it because I LOVED them (RIP lisa)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • jenny curljenny curl Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Uhhhhh......yeahhhhhhhh.....who is that hoe?

Kidding. But honestly, that doesn't even look like her nor does it sound like her and the video is just, gross.

Bad song, bad video.......just bad.
    3b/c :: Fine :: Porous

I:love5: My Hair
  • quest88quest88 Registered Users Posts: 16
    yikes.
    jenny curl wrote: »
    Uhhhhh......yeahhhhhhhh.....who is that hoe?

Kidding. But honestly, that doesn't even look like her nor does it sound like her and the video is just, gross.

Bad song, bad video.......just bad.

HAHAHA! The video sucked, the storyline sucked..
    She didn't sound like herself at ALL. I actually think she has a pretty good voice normally..but this ishh...? hated it.
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Registered Users Posts: 2,584 Curl Neophyte
    Good god, I dont even know who she is, but the video is lame, acting is horrible and the music & dancing...:confused1::puker:
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Registered Users Posts: 679 Curl Novice
    HennaRo wrote: »

I think I got crabs just from looking at the stills from the video in that link.:puker: Naaaasty.
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
    I think.....

hold up...lemme look again...

I think I spotted her uterus.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    WHY IS MY ADOPTED DAUGHTER JOJO IN THIS MUSIC VIDEO?!!?

( cause I had to adopt her when I saw aquamarine and her mama try to move to Australia)

ISN'T SHE STILL 12? HOW LONG HAS SHE BEEN 12?

DID SHE JUST SAY THE WAY YOU f**k ME ?!?!?

KERI hilson always got on my nerves, and no I'm not jealous because I had no idea this is what she looks like or acts like but when I hear "miss keri baby" I want to bash my head into a wall.

this beat is terrible.

Why are they doing the same sexual moves over and over? new dance move please.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • projectdanielleprojectdanielle Registered Users Posts: 545
    I can't see the name Laurie Ann Gibson without thinking of the movie "Honey". I didn't get past the first, "the way you f*ck me".

Huh?

The blog post was right. She ain't no Adina Howard.

Yeah I still play my Adina Howard tape. Yes, I said tape.
    Danielle
    Blog: http://www.projectdanielle.com
    Low Porosity, Medium Texture, Color-Treated
    Last relaxer: 12/09 and BC: 2/19/10

PJ Status = Currently MIA
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Registered Users Posts: 1,160
    I didn't like the song or the video. It was beyond trashy. Gross. Ugh that awful dancing or better yet thrusting was over the top.

And at the end it that Lloyd with all the tattoos????

Columbus Short is the best thing in that video.
  • CocoTCocoT Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    I think.....

hold up...lemme look again...

I think I spotted her uterus.
    LMFAO!!!!
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • CocoTCocoT Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    While I can’t run down Hilson’s catalogue, I can say that I have seen a number of photo spreads featuring the singer looking really…desperate. She’s a very attractive woman with a great figure, but the attempts to sell her as ‘sexy’ just seem a bit forced. I take issues with some of the racier imagery we’ve seen from Beyonce (primarily because she is dually marketed as a siren and as a child-friendly artist who is a role model to young women), but she rarely looks thirsty or desperate.
    You can be sexy, even bawdy, without being pathetic (Adina Howard’s “Freak Like Me”, for example). That was not achieved here. The beat is forgettable. The lyrics are just miserable. It’s a bad song that no one would be talking about if it didn’t come to us with a 7 minute video featuring a ton of cameos (Columbus Short, Faith [WHY, girl, WHY?], Lloyd, Jojo [Who, girl, WHO?], etc.), a bunch of p-popping, profanity and, oh, GUNS! If this is what it takes to sell a record these days…and I honestly don’t think it will work sales wise…then the state of affairs is just as sad as we have suspected. I knew that love making had gone the way of the VHS tape, but I didn’t realize that f*cking had replaced even sex. This is what the young people want? How dreadful.

My sentiments exactly

ETA: This video didn't make a lick of sense. Just. Wow. "fcuk me, fcuk me, it's the way you fcuk me"? Really Keri? REALLY?! She need to sit her nasty as* down somewhere with that bull sh*t.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • lashon20lashon20 Registered Users Posts: 1,150
    Lol that song and video are horrible.
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
    Its obvious to me that she's TRYING to be sexy...like seriously?? leave the puccy popping and backbends to Ciara, I mean...she started out like that so we're used to it now, PLUS she can actually dance..lol. Keri, should stick with being laid back and cool...I think that's sexiest on her.
  • blackice82blackice82 Registered Users Posts: 4
    I don't like the video and I actually like Keri but she was trying to be sexy....it didn't work
  • Precious CurlsPrecious Curls Registered Users Posts: 448
    it's very trashy ... she's tryin way too hard.
  • dearheart15dearheart15 Registered Users Posts: 177
    WTH was Keri thinking about with this song?!? The video looks like it was made for Uncut...but somebody failed to tell her that show was canceled...lol
    last perm ~ late May 2009
    BC'd ~ July 1, 2009
    fotki ~ last updated 2/2011
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Registered Users Posts: 1,494
    I don't even think it's a bad concept.... I just think it was overdone and looked like she was trying too hard. I wanted to feel empowered. It starts off like that's what's gonna happen.... Badass women gettin ready to take some kingpin down..... All that got lost in the lame ass video....

I'm all about female sexual empowerment.... but this wasn't even remotely empowering.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Registered Users Posts: 679 Curl Novice
    The blog post was right. She ain't no Adina Howard.

Yeah I still play my Adina Howard tape. Yes, I said tape.

LMAO. I fondly remember "Freak Like Me" from my sophomore year of college....shoo, that was a party jam right there!
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
  • FunkyCurlGurlFunkyCurlGurl Registered Users Posts: 264
    She has strayed so far from "Energy." Why, Keri, why?! You don't need to be doing all that. Sigh.

The lyrics alone may have just impregnated me.
    event.png

http://public.fotki.com/funkycurlgirl/
    "when I feel her jump up and dance / I hear the music! my God / i'm talking about my nappy hair!"
    - Lucille Clifton, "Homage to my Hair."
    I watched the "Pretty Girl Rock" video a few days ago...I thought that was pretty cute. She FAILED with this one lol.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    my friend posted that pretty girls rock on my fb page. Song sucks.

maybe it's cause I only listened to the first 10 seconds and turned it off because I knew it was keri hilson and I don't like her.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • LolaKinkzLolaKinkz Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    Y is she trying so hard ughh this is such crap. The song is crap the vid is crap and her "dancing" is crap. Get it together chick
    BC: June 16th 2010
    TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
    :love4:Product Connoisseur:love4:

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
    www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
    www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

• DecagurlDecagurl Registered Users Posts: 107
    I saw this video Monday and I was just grossed out. I cant believe she let all of us have permission to do a pap smear on her like that. Geez. I know there is competition but if you cant compete doing it the right way, then maybe you just aren't going to make it. And I get the record industry psychology *Women who see their men Idolizing female music artists, will more than likely convince themselves that they should be like them, or demonstrating a false comfortability over the matter by buying or even supporting the artist* but that sh/t isn't working with real women. It works for teens and ho's. So... who is Keri's target?
    comic-p.jpg
    4a, porous, medium, fuzzy reddish brown stuff.
    Aubrey Organics HSRose Conditioner
    Suave Naturals Shampoo
    Eco-Styler Gel
    Coconut/Olive Oil sealants

http://public.fotki.com/morefitthanyesterday/
  • coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    ^^^TEENS!!!!!!! The youth is the target of all the pop music out there...even the pop hop (formerly known as Hip Hop) sees the youth as it's market
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Registered Users Posts: 1,084 Curl Neophyte
    Glad I've been so buried in schoolwork/finals to know what you all are talking about; I am so confused. From the sounds of it though I don't even WANT to know.

Poor Keri. And I actually liked her.

Oh, well. We've lost another one.

*Goes back to studying* :homework:
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • nmsnms Registered Users Posts: 134
    not interested in watching this video b/c i left keri alone after a series of disastrous live performances back when she was promoting her first album.

but check out what she had to say in the past (found this on thatgrapejuice):
    Speaking in a 2009 interview with Complex magazine, Keri Hilson said:
    I don’t want to be oversexed! I don’t want to sell sex, I want to sell music. I want to inspire others, I don’t want to be one of those people who’s always throwing their body at the masses. What good does that do? Besides sell records. Men don’t buy records, anyway.

bwahahahahaha :laughing6: what a difference a flop makes....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file