GOT BANGS?

If you do, and you wear them straight, how do you blend them in with your curls?
I know I've seen cute curls with straight bangs that look really trendy, but I"m wondering if my roots are too curly to pull that off....

I have these bangs that I've been growing out from when I was blowing my hair straight...they were short and straight across, and looked super cute and trendy with my straight hair.....now...that they are longer and my curls are out and about, (I don't straighten them anymore) they look like a giant puffy bush on the side of my head. I'm TRYING my best to grow them out, but I'm sick of wearing them pinned back, I think I look better with hair around my face....so I'm contemplating cutting them short again....ugh...

does anyone have curly hair and straight bangs and want to share a pic? I'd love to see what you're doing.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I have side bangs, and I usually just wear them straight and push them to the right side of my face. I have seen lots of curly girls with straight bangs, and they look really cute! Have you ever tried making your bangs curly, too, so that they blend in with your curls? I have tried many times to get them to "blend in" with my waves, and it only works when my hair wants to cooperate with me (which usually isn't very often!) Even then, I don't really like that look on me when it does work out. My bangs are too short, so they kind of stick out. Maybe yours are longer -- how long are they?

If you're worried that your hair is too curly to pull off the shock of straight bangs, I doubt anyone (even you) is too curly to pull bangs off. :thumright:
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    That's the thing...they are at that awkward length (about down to the pupil of my eyes) where they are too short to wear curly without looking crazy, and too long to wear straight without looking too much of a stark contrast from my curls. I was hell bent on growing them long where they could hang, but i'm getting impatient!! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ninja dogninja dog Curl Neophyte Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I look weird without bangs, so I have them. Mine are pretty long, too, since short bangs make me look like Little Debbie. Because they don't really curl, per se (I'm a lowly Type 2), and will only form cowlicks on their own, I blow them out, but push them to the side slightly, so the contrast between straight, waves, and curls is less severe. Point cutting takes out some weight, but still leaves enough for a bit of a lift on top (or the perception of one). I've even been known to let them feather (thank you, Farrah) slightly, for blending.

HTH

(no pics --- I'm not photogenic.)
    little-debbie.jpg
    I had to google Little Debbie to remember what her hair looked like. haha. For the record, I think wavier types look great with bangs... I just visualize my curly haired straight bangs looking like 1980's style crispy wet look with a curling iron enduced doo doo roll across my forehead. NOT the look I'm wanting. :sad8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I take it back: Little Debbie looks better than I do. I wish my bangs would do what hers do.
    Hahaha...:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curl goddesscurl goddess Curl Connoisseur Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I flat iron mine - they look the best that way . . .
    3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
    2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
    currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
    Jessicurl styling in summer
    Natures Gate poo & condish
    Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!
    Pic? ^
  • RacerWife7RacerWife7 Curl Novice Posts: 895Registered Users Curl Novice
    Here's what I do (images are clickable):
    th_IMAG0037.jpg
    th_IMAG0038.jpg
    th_IMAG0039.jpg
    th_IMAG0040-1.jpg
    Every time I attempt to keep them curly, I ALWAYS end up clipping them up with some kind of hair accessory. So, most of the time, I just can't help myself... I HAVE to straighten them. lol
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • MimsTXMimsTX Curl Neophyte Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I flat iron mine as well.. they're just too darn short when curly (hello Little Debbie, you could be my sister lol).

Sorry for the not great state of my curls in this pic... they were still kind of wet lol.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Megan/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]77124_677614658018_38700576_37387081_7348102_n.jpg
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
    I never use a flat iron - they freak me out. LOL! I use a round, ionic brush and blow dryer.
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    MimsTX wrote: »
    I flat iron mine as well.. they're just too darn short when curly (hello Little Debbie, you could be my sister lol).

Sorry for the not great state of my curls in this pic... they were still kind of wet lol.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Megan/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]77124_677614658018_38700576_37387081_7348102_n.jpg

Your hair really pretty - I love it! :flower:
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    Ugh, I've been trying for 30 minutes to attach a picture that I found on my phone of my bangs but can't seem to get it to work. I'll have to try from home later.

Racerwife..I knew you had bangs, i was hoping you'd post pics!! :) Very cute! I usually blow mine straight too, with a touch up with the flat iron if it's still needed.
    Mims- your bangs are longer than mine are now, and they still look great. Maybe i"m being overly paranoid.

Anyone else? More pics? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They do get in my eyes pretty much constantly... it looks great like that, but tends to drive me a little crazy. I've only had the bangs for about 3-4 weeks though, so I'm hoping I just need to get used to it... lol

I was TRYING to mimic Emma Stone's haircut in Easy A... the whole movie I couldn't stop staring at it lol.

emma-stone-easy-a-thumbs.jpgemma-stone-easy-ajpg-186713187791ac84_large.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have nice soft waves like that but maybe with a curling iron...
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Hey, you got pretty close!! her hair does look great in that movie...
    Mine were more like these, but my hair isn't that long, and the roots are curlier...and the bangs were a little shorter
    long-messy-curly-hairstyle-with-bangs.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Here's what mine look like today - higher dews, so they're a bit curlier and more blended, I think...
    th_IMAG0062.jpg
    th_IMAG0060.jpg
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    Oh, and yeah... ever since I've fallen in love with my curls again, I share pics constantly... I think I'm officially a - what is it? - ... a pic whore. :oops: I hate that term. But, I think I fit the description. LOL!
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    MimsTX wrote: »
    They do get in my eyes pretty much constantly... it looks great like that, but tends to drive me a little crazy. I've only had the bangs for about 3-4 weeks though, so I'm hoping I just need to get used to it... lol

I was TRYING to mimic Emma Stone's haircut in Easy A... the whole movie I couldn't stop staring at it lol.

emma-stone-easy-a-thumbs.jpgemma-stone-easy-ajpg-186713187791ac84_large.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have nice soft waves like that but maybe with a curling iron...

Yeah - I'd say hers is done with a curling iron, for sure.
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    Hahah!! I"m trying to post pics, but I can't. And I can't see your new pics from my work station...it breaks the links... booo!! I hate waiting until I get home!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hahah!! I"m trying to post pics, but I can't. And I can't see your new pics from my work station...it breaks the links... booo!! I hate waiting until I get home!

Maybe it blocks pictures from sites like I use (Photobucket). :( Booo! Let's see if I can upload them directly....

IMAG0062.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg

YAY!
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    Nope, it's still a no go. I should have brought my laptop to the office. hah :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bummer! :( I hate it when they block stuff. LOL!
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    cid:image001.jpg@01CB9138.B6EDE070
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    can you see that pic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    nope :(

honestly though, i wouldn't worry TOO much about the bangs blending... if they're straight and your hair is anything more than mildly wavy, it's just not going to really BLEND... who cares though? lol I've seen a lot of really cute hairstyles with that stark contrast... trying to find pictures but work is getting in the way lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file