New Natural line

adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
This is a new natural line invented by the same chemist who did a lot of the relaxer products. However, the chemist says this line was formulated with no sulfates, no mineral oil and no silicones after reading hair boards and finding out what us naturals really want. I so curious think I might actually order one of the products.:toothy8:

As I Am Naturally
Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Comments

• gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
    I am so over this like white on rice. So far I see no glycerin in the leave in and its reasonably price. I will take a gamble. I have till Dec 19th for no more product buys
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    uh oh maybe coming off the rails is that lanolin and propylene glycol I see?
    *sigh* I guess I will just get the coconut cowash. Stupid dry winter, stupid Ga, stupid other crappy ingredients. I wanted to try the double buttercream :crybaby:
  • CocoTCocoT Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    gagirl09 wrote: »
    *sigh* I guess I will just get the coconut cowash. Stupid dry winter, stupid Ga, stupid other crappy ingredients. I wanted to try the double buttercream :crybaby:
    Whatever you try, do a review! :)
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • lashon20lashon20 Registered Users Posts: 1,150
    Thanks for the site, those look interesting.
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • sassywillowsassywillow Registered Users Posts: 829
    thanks for the link! I like the cleansers and the deep conditioner. BUT that hair milk and butter creme have beeswax, lanolin, BHT and mineral oil (paraffin) in them. Rats. BHT is a dangerous chemical that can cause seizures. Geez, why put that in a hair product!!

The products do have Propylene Glycol in them but I think that ingredient is used to make the other ingredients penetrate the deep layers of the hair cuticle.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Registered Users Posts: 1,458
    WOW! This line looks so promising. It's great to see 4a/4b models too. :toothy10: I may purchase.
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WOW! This line looks so promising. It's great to see 4a/4b models too. :toothy10: I may purchase.
    They seem to have a liberal return policy.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • Precious CurlsPrecious Curls Registered Users Posts: 448
    Thank you for sharing this! Those products seem pretty nice. Might give them a try! I am also loving the models with 4a and 4b hair :afro:
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Registered Users Posts: 1,458
    They seem to have a liberal return policy.

Hmmm..... somewhat. They truly are specific about how to return items though. :)
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Registered Users Posts: 643
    Thanks for sharing! And yes, the models are excellent. I think I may try to coconut cowash. I have so many products on my wall unit, it is threatening to pull out from the wall. I have to use some stuff up first!:tongue10:
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:
    Any reviews yet? I'm waiting the for the deep conditioner to be released.
    I'm tapped out to next week. I forgot about a baby shower I have to attend
  • CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    oh I didnt know there was a thread already up . I purchased last week and I think my box is here today. My mailroom people let me know a box is downstairs already.

If its this line I will update with my thoughts and initial smells , touch and such
    ok so I purchased the Coconut cowash , cleansing pudding , doublebutter cream and curling jelly.

They all smell like fresh coconuts, I like!
    The curling Jelly , looks like flax seed gel but a little looser.
    The doublebutter cream looks like cake frosting , its whipped and there isnt a lump in sight, its the lightest fragrance of all three.

its lightly snowing , so everything is cold and chilly, After sitting in the room for awhile I will see if it changes the fragrance or consistency.

I cant try anything out fully until mid week or end of week, however I will use the cowash, doublebutter cream and curling jelly in the morning on my box braids.
    ok so I purchased the Coconut cowash , cleansing pudding , doublebutter cream and curling jelly.

They all smell like fresh coconuts, I like!
    The curling Jelly , looks like flax seed gel but a little looser.
    The doublebutter cream looks like cake frosting , its whipped and there isnt a lump in site, its the lightest fragrance of all three.

its lightly snowing , so everything is cold and chilly, After sitting in the room for awhile I will see if it changes the fragrance or consistency.

I cant try anything out fully until mid week or end of week, however I will use the cowash, doublebutter cream and curling jelly in the morning on my box braids.

Thanks.
    I think I discovered that As I am is using Keracare naturals bases. Here are the Keracare natural ingredients. If you go to the As I am website, the product ingredients are almost exactly the same except for a few added extracts.

CLEANSING CREAM

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Azadirachta Indica (Neem)1, Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1, Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol2, Cetyl Alcohol2, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Glycerin1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1, Poyquaternium-10, Piroctone Olamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate.

* LEAVE IN CONDITIONER

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Cetyl Alcohol2, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Phytosterols, Betaine1, Citric Acid1, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract1, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract1, Propylene Glycol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract1, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract1, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Stalk Extract1, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Dimethyl Stearamine, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

*BUTTER CREAM

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)1, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil1, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter1, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil1, Emulsifying Wax NF, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil1, Glycerin1, Lanolin1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1 , Beeswax1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil1, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein2, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil1, Carbomer, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Lilial, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

*HAIR MILK

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil1, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter1, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)1, Cetearyl Alcohol1, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil1, Beeswax1, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil1, Tocopheryl Linoleate, BHT, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Xanthan Gum1, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma, Cetyl Alcohol1, Polysorbate 60, PEG-75 Lanolin, Laureth-9.

*TWIST & DEFINE

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Glycerin1, Acetamide MEA, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Phytosterols2, Potassium Sorbate, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

*DEFINING CUSTARD

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Glycerin1, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum1, Pectin1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Citric Acid2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Betaine1, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

:banghead:
    ^ which ingredients are these, the keracare?
    ^ which ingredients are these, the keracare?
    Keracare product ingredients. The Keracare products have different extracts and a couple of added oils. I could be wrong but at a quick glance the two product lines look almost identical. Maybe there is a large hair care conglomerate making "natural hair care products bases " for private labels.
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Registered Users Posts: 2,320 Curl Neophyte
    booooo.
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • periwrinkleperiwrinkle Registered Users Posts: 130 Curl Neophyte
    I think I discovered that As I am is using Keracare naturals bases. Here are the Keracare natural ingredients. If you go to the As I am website, the product ingredients are almost exactly the same except for a few added extracts.

CLEANSING CREAM

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Azadirachta Indica (Neem)1, Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1, Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol2, Cetyl Alcohol2, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Glycerin1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1, Poyquaternium-10, Piroctone Olamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate.

* LEAVE IN CONDITIONER

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Cetyl Alcohol2, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Phytosterols, Betaine1, Citric Acid1, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract1, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract1, Propylene Glycol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract1, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract1, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Stalk Extract1, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Dimethyl Stearamine, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

*BUTTER CREAM

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)1, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil1, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter1, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil1, Emulsifying Wax NF, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil1, Glycerin1, Lanolin1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1 , Beeswax1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil1, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein2, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil1, Carbomer, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Lilial, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

*HAIR MILK

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil1, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter1, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)1, Cetearyl Alcohol1, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil1, Beeswax1, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil1, Tocopheryl Linoleate, BHT, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Xanthan Gum1, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma, Cetyl Alcohol1, Polysorbate 60, PEG-75 Lanolin, Laureth-9.

*TWIST & DEFINE

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Glycerin1, Acetamide MEA, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil1, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil1, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Phytosterols2, Potassium Sorbate, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

*DEFINING CUSTARD

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificato, Purified) Extracts: Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla)1 and Acacia Concinna (Shikakai)1, Glycerin1, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum1, Pectin1, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil1, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil1, Citric Acid2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Betaine1, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone Gamma.

:banghead:

It is. I noticed the same thing when it was first mentioned on lhcf and here. The chemist who makes this, also formulates the products for keracare. I think it mentions something like this on the sbout us page. And the way shawnyblazes describes the smell and consistancy of the products sounds just like the smell and consistancy of the keracare natural products that I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hair Type: 3c/4a

Still searching for my staple products. Maybe I can be faithful to a set of products one day.
  • MochachinoMochachino Registered Users Posts: 191
    Both lines are created by the same person, Dr. Ali Syed.
    I've got a pair of ruby slippers that I don't wear much anymore
    And if I had the nerve I'd click my heels and return o the wonderland I knew before
    Alana Davis "Crazy"
    Ok so last night I wet my boxbraids in the shower and then scooped out a little of the coconut cowash.

I applied it to my hair and lightly scrubbed my scalp and smoothed it down the length of the braids. It did not foam up, felt like a thick conditioner going on. There was a little slip but made more so with the water. I rinsed it out and noticed my hair was soft and didnt feel stripped at all. The end of my hair curled up. If I had of air dried I'm sure it would have stayed the same.

I applied a little of the Curling jelly to the length and ends. It kept the curls in place but this morning there was a slight hold so I applied some of the Double butter cream to the ends to soften it up.

The Curling Jelly seems to be very lightweight and if someone with dense hair is using it , you would get better results with sectioning the hair , and shingling .

I will reserve judgement on this when I try it out on loose hair.

The Doublebutter Cream is very nice , its almost like Donna Maries Super Buttercream. This is 8ozs for 15.50 and Donna Maries is 8 ozs for 12.00 though so this wont be a repurchase unless DM changes her prices.
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Registered Users Posts: 3,982
    The Doublebutter Cream is very nice , its almost like Donna Maries Super Buttercream. This is 8ozs for 15.50 and Donna Maries is 8 ozs for 12.00 though so this wont be a repurchase unless DM changes her prices.

Shawny,
    Is it as "soupy" as DM Super Buttercream?
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    My DM SuperButtercream isnt Soupy? Its just like buttercream frosting , both products are.

NEA take a picture of yours if you can. Ive purchased DM's twice so far and each jar is thick creamylike.
    My DM SuperButtercream isnt Soupy? Its just like buttercream frosting , both products are.

NEA take a picture of yours if you can. Ive purchased DM's twice so far and each jar is thick creamylike.

I can't...I gave mine away. Mine was a tad soupy...like it should have been in a bottle. I could pour it out of the jar. That was a big turnoff, and ultimately contributed to my decision to give it away.

I'm funny like that..I don't like pourable products in jars.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    Well that sucks monkey toes.

Well the DoubleButterCream isnt soupy and you cant pour it . you can stick your finger in and it will cling to it easily. I will take some pictures tonight and post them.
    Well that sucks monkey toes.

Well the DoubleButterCream isnt soupy and you cant pour it . you can stick your finger in and it will cling to it easily. I will take some pictures tonight and post them.

Yeah. I actually like her Cocoa Hemp Buttermilk better than the Super Butter Cream.

I'm still waiting for a shipping notice from I Am Naturally.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    you wont get one.
    you wont get one.

Whuh? Well it says on this page I'm supposed to get one.

How long did it take you to get your stuff, after you ordered?
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file