Trader Joe Nourish Conditioner!!!

Ok um, let's just say I've died and gone to conditioner heaven.... lol I'm in LOVE with this conditioner and it's only $3!!! Has anyone else used this? Am I the only late one on this? lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:thumbup:3c
***I :love5: Kinky Curly***

http://www.IvyCharlaine.com

SuBsCrIbE to my YouTube channel for all things hair and more
www.youtube.com/ivycharlaine

http://public.fotki.com/Ivycharlaine/

event.png

Comments

• Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What's your hair type, out of curiosity? I tried it because of all the rave reviews and it didn't do a darn thing for me :( And I love TJ's shampoos, I use them to low poo. (I know they have a sulfonate in them, at least the Refresh I use does, I'm going to phase it out of my routine when I find something I like better, but I haven't found anything to replace it yet. Refresh is a great low poo and its very mild on my hair.)
    Iposted my bottle of Nourish on the swap board, but don't have any takers. If no one wants it, i may try using it as a cowash. I've been using Nature's Gate, which is very light and a good cowash for me right now, but I hate to waste the Nourish.
    You're right, at $3 a bottle its a real bargain!! I think it's just too light for my hair type. I am loving Yes to Cucumbers though.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • ivycharlaineivycharlaine Posts: 459Registered Users
    What's your hair type, out of curiosity? I tried it because of all the rave reviews and it didn't do a darn thing for me :( And I love TJ's shampoos, I use them to low poo. (I know they have a sulfonate in them, at least the Refresh I use does, I'm going to phase it out of my routine when I find something I like better, but I haven't found anything to replace it yet. Refresh is a great low poo and its very mild on my hair.)
    Iposted my bottle of Nourish on the swap board, but don't have any takers. If no one wants it, i may try using it as a cowash. I've been using Nature's Gate, which is very light and a good cowash for me right now, but I hate to waste the Nourish.
    You're right, at $3 a bottle its a real bargain!! I think it's just too light for my hair type. I am loving Yes to Cucumbers though.

really? I love it, it's so moisturizing and makes my hair really soft. I have normal texture, normal porosity and my hair is thick. I use it as a rinse out and I may try it mixed with a few other things as a deep conditioner. I tried the TJ tea tree tingle shampoo and conditioner and it was ok for me, nothing to brag about. I've never tried the yes to cucumbers....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:thumbup:3c
    ***I :love5: Kinky Curly***

http://www.IvyCharlaine.com

SuBsCrIbE to my YouTube channel for all things hair and more
    www.youtube.com/ivycharlaine

http://public.fotki.com/Ivycharlaine/

event.png
  • stefflynhstefflynh Posts: 410Registered Users

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle has no sulfates!! This is what I use. I love it. Cleanses without all the sulfates. It really does make the scalp tingle too. The price is just a bonus!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
    I never tried the cucumbers shampoo, so maybe I will give it a try. I would like to find another low poo to rotate with my TJTT. I do have the condish, but not enough moisture for me. I always need to follow up with Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    stefflynh wrote: »
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle has no sulfates!! This is what I use. I love it. Cleanses without all the sulfates. It really does make the scalp tingle too. The price is just a bonus!

Sadly, Bubbs is right. TJ's shampoos contain C12-14 Olefin Sulfonate. Below is a link to a list of surfactants and you will see that this one is in the "very harsh" category.

She and I were both bummed!! I was actually angry since TECHNICALLY they have no sulfates, so that is on the bottle, but it should state that it still contains a very harsh surfactant.

[EMAIL="http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curly-hair-care-methods/no-poo/curlchemist-what-makes-a-cleansing-ingredient-more-harsh-or-more-gentle"]http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curly-hair-care-methods/no-poo/curlchemist-what-makes-a-cleansing-ingredient-more-harsh-or-more-gentle[/EMAIL]
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Agh and here I was thinking that TJTTT was okay to use. :( It does wonders for my scalp issues, but it does make my hair feel a bit icky and dry now that I think about it.

Anywho, back on topic . . . yes I use the Nourish conditioner, it made my hair crunchy for some reason. But it did work better as a deep conditioner when I mixed it with EVOO and Darcy's Botanicals Vanilla Delight Conditioner
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
    My Tj's Tea Tree Poo doesn't have this listed?? I'm totally confused.
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    Is yes to cucumber's (shampoo) technically a no poo or does it have harsh chemicals in it? I'm totally bummed now...:(
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
  • CurlsanewCurlsanew Posts: 40Registered Users
    Steff,

The Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo has the Olefin Sulfonate in it. It's near the end of the content list and says it's coconut derived. The write up on the bottle says it's free of laurel/laureth sulfates and while that's correct, it may confuse folks into believing there are no surfactants whatsoever in the product.

On the upside, the Olefin Sulfonate is far down on the ingredient list so there's less of it than say if it was one of the first 4 ingredients. I can't use KK's Come Clean because the OS is high on the list.

Back to topic...

I wish I had picked up a bottle of the Nourish condish while I had a chance. The nearest TJ store is a five hour drive away. :sad:
    Med-fine texture, med/high porosity. BC 9/22/11. Hard H2O
    Pre-poo: Coconut oil (sometimes)
    Weekly Shampoo: QH Royal Curl Shampoo, Shea Moisture, Dessert Essence
    Condish: Sauve Naturals Coconut, Vo5, CJ BS, CJ CAS.
    Leave In: Knot Today, CJ CCCC Lite,
    Gel: Kinky Curly CC, CJ Pattern Pusha
    Treament: CJ DF Banana Hibiscus, CJ Repair Me
    SOTC: Jojoba oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file