What nail polish do you have on at the moment?

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    TheArtOnMe wrote: »
    Black Shatter by OPI

That's a fun polish. What do you have under it?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • A. LoveA. Love Posts: 519Registered Users
    TheArtOnMe wrote: »
    Black Shatter by OPI

That's a fun polish. What do you have under it?

Just a clear polish. I was too eager to try it when I left the bss. I'm gonna reapply tonight with OPI Stranger Tides underneath. I really want that silver shatter polish, avd sally hansen has a whole line coming out in June.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Last relaxer: 1st week of July 2009
    BC: Aug 29, 2010
    2nd BC: June 20, 2011

Shampoos: SM MR, SM ABS, Ion Color Defense Clarifying
    Detangle: V05 or Suave Naturals
    RO: Tigi MM,
    Treatments: CJCR, SM Scalp Elixir
    LI: any LI+oil+aloe juice
    Moisturizers: QBAOHC, SMCES, SMH&SMM
    Sealants: oils, OHBSP, JCN&S
    Gels: Eco Styler Olive Oil, Eco Styler Pink, KCCC
    Other: SM Scalp Elixir, Curls Control Paste

My Twitter
    KinksOfNature.com
  • AjidahkAjidahk Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sephora by OPI's Caffeine Fix on my toes. Note: This aren't my nails.

DSCI0129.JPG
    Hair Type: 4a with 3c sections...frizzy,wavy,bushy,curly
  • Rina414Rina414 Posts: 294Registered Users
    Belle of the ball by Confetti. Love it!

182fcd9f-16e1-7db3.jpg
    one day at a time..
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    I pretty much never paint my fingers, but my toes are Rimmel's Rapid Ruby.

IMG_4994-1.JPG
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • mzmillionmzmillion Posts: 874Registered Users
    I must say, I LOVE polish and I'm pretty good with free hand designs but there is just some part of me that will not let me buy expensive polish.... I just can't understand paying $5+ for polish....lol. All my polish is like $1-2 and they work just fine...lol.

Right now on my hands, I have a nude color by The Color Workshop that I was inspired by Haley Williams on the cover of Cosmo and it's cute, and on my toes, my sister made me get hot pink when we went for pedi's. Pics soon.

I so want Black Shatter.... that would probably be a polish I wouldn't care about the price but I can't find it anywhere on ground here. I know there are some other brands that have this type of effect but I can't think of them, do you guys know?
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• applesandafrosapplesandafros Posts: 328Registered Users
    Silver screen by revlon on my toes. Its very silver.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using CurlTalk App
    Almost MBL Coils
    spongy, low porosity, dense awesomeness

Shampoo: Curly Kinks Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Out/Detangler Conditioner: Aussie Moist, V05 Strawberries and Cream, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave in Conditioner: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Giovanni Direct Leave in
    Styler: Eco Styler Krystal and Blue, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Gel and Flax seed gel
    Sealer: Grape seed oil
    Deep Conditioner: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    Protein Treatment: Karishma and Jamilla Henna
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Essie's Long Stem Roses:

essie nail polish - long stem roses

Nice "in between" color (red/pink)
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    mzmillion wrote: »
    I must say, I LOVE polish and I'm pretty good with free hand designs but there is just some part of me that will not let me buy expensive polish.... I just can't understand paying $5+ for polish....lol. All my polish is like $1-2 and they work just fine...lol.

Right now on my hands, I have a nude color by The Color Workshop that I was inspired by Haley Williams on the cover of Cosmo and it's cute, and on my toes, my sister made me get hot pink when we went for pedi's. Pics soon.

I so want Black Shatter.... that would probably be a polish I wouldn't care about the price but I can't find it anywhere on ground here. I know there are some other brands that have this type of effect but I can't think of them, do you guys know?

I'm the opposite. Now that I've gotten used to Essie, it's the only brand I will buy. Nothing else compares.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso

I'm also not one to buy expensive polish. I like many of the 99 cent brands. I do love Sally Hansen Insta Dry and get it Buy 1 Get One 1/2 off so it ends up being $3.75 per bottle and even that seems like alot to me.
    I got my Shatter/Crackle polish on Ebay for pretty cheap. There are lots of brands on there in many different colors now.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bright metallic blue.

I always get it all over the skin around my nails, and have to sleep and shower before it looks normal.

I'm beginning to want the Shattered.
  • A. LoveA. Love Posts: 519Registered Users

China Glaze makes a variation called Crackle Glaze. I think there are 6 colors in that collection. I found my Black Shatter at my local bss. None of the major stores I checked like Ulta had it in stock. My local bss even said they're getting the silver one this week.
    Last relaxer: 1st week of July 2009
    BC: Aug 29, 2010
    2nd BC: June 20, 2011

Shampoos: SM MR, SM ABS, Ion Color Defense Clarifying
    Detangle: V05 or Suave Naturals
    RO: Tigi MM,
    Treatments: CJCR, SM Scalp Elixir
    LI: any LI+oil+aloe juice
    Moisturizers: QBAOHC, SMCES, SMH&SMM
    Sealants: oils, OHBSP, JCN&S
    Gels: Eco Styler Olive Oil, Eco Styler Pink, KCCC
    Other: SM Scalp Elixir, Curls Control Paste

My Twitter
    KinksOfNature.com
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was tempted by the silver crackle yesterday but resisted. I bought the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean minis collection. The colors are really pretty.

Anyway right now I'm wearing OPI feeling hot hot hot. It's my fave pink. Nice and bright but not neon (although I love a good neon pink). For some reason this polish is holding up much better than usual. Probably to tease me since I bought new polish.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just put on Zoya Dove (pale gray). I think I like it but I'm not sure because I usually wear neutrals/nudes so this is like putting blue np on for me. ;)

ninja, I see you changed your avatar. Bye bye Wolfie, hello cute little Royal girl (I don't know her name) who had enough of the noise from the balcony! LOL
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    Spiralli wrote: »
    I just put on Zoya Dove (pale gray). I think I like it but I'm not sure because I usually wear neutrals/nudes so this is like putting blue np on for me. ;)

ninja, I see you changed your avatar. Bye bye Wolfie, hello cute little Royal girl (I don't know her name) who had enough of the noise from the balcony! LOL

Zoya Dove is my absolute favorite color. I think it looks great on all skin tones too.

Sent from my HERO200 using CurlTalk App
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    fingers - Sally Hansen Insta dry in flashy fuchsia
    toes - China Glaze in long kiss
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    Fingers: Essie Lollipop, great pinup lipstick red.
    Toes: Ulta Tu-Tu Cute. Lavender creme, dries very shiny.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Toes are a sparkly hot pink for now. Fingers are Zoya Kat (it's not as coral IRL as it looks here, it's rosy pink):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKo0k6UxZHNjJ9zpWwRRtdJumfj2zCx4VvxJjLVcqmI8TSjWud
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    These aren't my nails, but look very similar to mine in color, length and shape. Same polish, which looks a lot lighter in most other pics I see - but this color is closer to accurate.

china-glaze-ruby-pumps.jpg
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    0511110808.jpg
    Got that new Gelish stuff...love it!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I have Zoya Harley over Zoya Marley. I even got complimented on it at Starbucks this morning.

5713594396_d6b7587f66.jpg
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I'm wearing Essie Merino Cool, which is a medium grey with purple undertones.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
    fingers - Sally Hansen Insta Dry in Presto Pink
    toes - China Glaze in Long Kiss - been the same for awhile. polish lasts a long time on my toes so I only change up the color once a month unless I want a special color for some reason.
  • adorame06adorame06 Posts: 572Registered Users
    Fingers are done in China Glaze Watermelon Rind
    Toes are done in China Glaze Ruby Pumps

I saw that my local Sally's have out a China Glaze Crackle, has anyone tried that? Does it look as well as their add did? I almost got some, but went with a few other colors for summer instead.
    CG on 2/16/2010
    My curls looks like the 3a pictures
    Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I got my toes done today, so I was excited to be able to participate in this thread! :lol:

I THINK I'm wearing OPI It's All Greek To Me polish... But I'm kind of not sure, because I couldn't quite decide between that and another very similar color. So, we'll just go with that.

NLG10.jpg

I love staring at my toes when they've been freshly pedicured... They look so purdy!

My fingernails are nekkid, though... I tend to chip them seconds after leaving the nail salon, so it's really for the best. :P

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    you girls make me want to polish my nails. i ALWAYS have my toes polished but fingernails are hit or miss with me.

right now i have sally hansen pronto purple (the quick dry stuff) and i'm going to use sally hansen nurturing natural nailgrowth miracle. i'll post a pic.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    Zoya Marley. Tomorrow I think it's going to be either OPI Senorita Rosa-lita, or one of the nude holos I love.
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Zoya's Areej. :icescream: Delicious and summer-y.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    MizKerri wrote: »
    I'm wearing Essie Merino Cool, which is a medium grey with purple undertones.

Me too!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    Just switched to OPI DS Design. I love this (nude holo)!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file